Photo

Into Ithilien: the first broken scenario?

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#81 Bullroarer Took

Bullroarer Took

• Members
  • 720 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:27 PM

Glaurung said:

Ups my bad. Very big mistake!!! I should be more carefull! All game i play fast and right and this big mistake in the end…… i hate my self for this!!! actually is change nothing i still can play Gandalf and win but fact is fact. Rrrrrrrrr!!! thanks Angus to show me that. Actually those video reminds me a tournaments, you must really concentrate on your game. Yes i will keep do it more cose i really have fun with that!

Is that an apology? To the thousands of other players you've insulted for having had the courage for making a session report for this complex game before you?

"I will not be released in the second quarter!" - Nalir the Dwarf

#82 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

Sure you can say what you want. Im not so easy insulted. At least now im in position when you can start to critics me too right? So is more fair. But that was not fundemental error. Actually is change nothing in the game. But fact is fact. I made i mustake! I try to play really fast bliz and i won in the end. In the ebd if the day this mistake is change nothing(i mean is not affected the result of the game). This is most important for me.

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

#83 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

• Members
  • 622 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:31 PM

Glaurung said:

Sure you can say what you want. Im not so easy insulted. At least now im in position when you can start to critics me too right? So is more fair. But that was not fundemental error. Actually is change nothing in the game. But fact is fact. I made i mustake! I try to play really fast bliz and i won in the end. In the ebd if the day this mistake is change nothing(i mean is not affected the result of the game). This is most important for me.

i was just teasing you! :D

#84 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

Dain Ironfoot said:

Glaurung said:

i was just teasing you! :D

This sound much better! I hope we can forget all previous problems and be ok to each other.

#85 Ted Sandyman

Ted Sandyman

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:47 PM

Ladies and gentlemen…………… Introducing the new Glaurung!!reir

#86 leptokurt

leptokurt

• Members
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:21 AM

Did you forget to pay a resource when traveling to the Market Place?

Impressing deck, I already guessed that the Dwarfs would fare rather good against PiP.  I think you should open a new thread to post your videos, as this thread is about Into Ithilien being a broken scenario.

#87 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:06 AM

leptokurt said:

Did you forget to pay a resource when traveling to the Market Place?

Impressing deck, I already guessed that the Dwarfs would fare rather good against PiP.  I think you should open a new thread to post your videos, as this thread is about Into Ithilien being a broken scenario.

Hmmm Market. RRRRR small think very small but still………..

yes i should make my own thread about my video.

#88 leptokurt

leptokurt

• Members
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:41 AM

Ted Sandyman said:

Im presently stuck  in Ithilien. One month playing it - WINS = 0, LOSSES = 16. Anyone beat that?

WINS = 1, LOSSES = 0

Best I stop playing it now to keep that record forever.

Edit:

ok, reading the first post I figured out why I had an easy time. They translated "engagement cost" with "attacking strength" in German. I probably still would have won (Beregond was ready to defend).

I start to wonder if the German translator speaks English at all, if he doesn't know how to translate the very keywords in this game. Dumb as ****!

#89 Ted Sandyman

Ted Sandyman

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:47 AM

Play it 10 times and let me know how you got on. Surprisingly ive played it twice since watching glaurungs video and actually won one!!! I started "slapping" the cards hard on the table which has obviously improved my play.

#90 OnkelZorni

OnkelZorni

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:11 AM

leptokurt said:

I start to wonder if the German translator speaks English at all, if he doesn't know how to translate the very keywords in this game. Dumb as ****!

HoN was the last job for the old translation team. If I understood correctly what Heidelberger said, then everything from now on will be done by a new team. Not sure about Laketown, Against the shadow and Hobbit 2, but everything that will come in the future will be done by others…I only hope that we will see less dramatic translation errors than in the past

#91 leptokurt

leptokurt

• Members
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:46 AM

OnkelZorni said:

leptokurt said:

HoN was the last job for the old translation team. If I understood correctly what Heidelberger said, then everything from now on will be done by a new team. Not sure about Laketown, Against the shadow and Hobbit 2, but everything that will come in the future will be done by others…I only hope that we will see less dramatic translation errors than in the past

I'm happy to hear that. Means I don't have to write a PM to FFG again.

Btw, I played two more games. One was ended quickly after round 1 by Blocking Wargs (which killed to allies and Celador) and a nasty shadow effect that killed Beregond, leaving only Boromir and Thalin alive.

I won the other game quite easily.  Lots of Locations, two Bats (killed at once by Thalin) and three Gandalf's to lower my threat plus Faramir to help me to get through stage 3B quickly. I think the scenario is ok, but the surge effect of Blocking Wargs is indeed way over the top. That card is mean enough on its own, so why making it even harder?

And yep, the difficulty rating here is a joke.

#92 OnkelZorni

OnkelZorni

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:01 AM

Good News for all german players, the Against the shadow circle, Hobbit 2, laketown and the nightmare decks are translated by the new team. so we can hope to never see all those minor and major errors again

#93 leptokurt

leptokurt

• Members
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:31 AM

Ted Sandyman said:

Play it 10 times and let me know how you got on. Surprisingly ive played it twice since watching glaurungs video and actually won one!!! I started "slapping" the cards hard on the table which has obviously improved my play.

I played 11 games so far and won 7 of them. The last three games I won in a row, without any of these Ithilien dudes and with lots of Blocking Wargs. I think this quest requires a specific designed deck and careful planning when you're playing. Dwarfs are one option, I play a Gondor/Eagle deck with Thalin/Beregond/NewBoromir. Perhaps it's also possible to build a deck around Thalin/Dunhere/NewGlorfindel. Or a deck around OldBoromir.

After playing almost a dozen games I think this quest is ok for solo players. I even increased my win/loss ratio compared to PiP. This adventure is not broken, but it's also not a level 4 adventure. I'd say 6 or 7. I can see though why it becomes harder when you're playing multiplayer.

#94 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:44 PM

leptokurt said:

Ted Sandyman said:

I played 11 games so far and won 7 of them. The last three games I won in a row, without any of these Ithilien dudes and with lots of Blocking Wargs. I think this quest requires a specific designed deck and careful planning when you're playing. Dwarfs are one option, I play a Gondor/Eagle deck with Thalin/Beregond/NewBoromir. Perhaps it's also possible to build a deck around Thalin/Dunhere/NewGlorfindel. Or a deck around OldBoromir.

After playing almost a dozen games I think this quest is ok for solo players. I even increased my win/loss ratio compared to PiP. This adventure is not broken, but it's also not a level 4 adventure. I'd say 6 or 7. I can see though why it becomes harder when you're playing multiplayer.

Yes the problem with ole quests was: most of them is going to be easy with the number of players. But HON change it. Now you get the even more difficult with the number of players. So we have now much more reason meet and play togehter with my frineds. Cose before we meet and play only Masssing in Osgiliath cose is still provide some challenge, other quests most of the time is no point to play multy player cose to easy…. Thanks HON now os change. All 2 quests provide very good level of challenge and i hope all third cycle will keep it.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS