Youtube video series targetted at intermediate/advanced players

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 hollis

hollis

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

Aaaand… with nicer links, now that I am not on my iPad. The three most recent videos are part of a series. Links to them below:

(Running Aggressively as Kate)

(Running Aggressively as Noise)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j_TPYJxcJg (Running Aggressively as Gabe)

#22 sharoth

sharoth

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:12 AM

The Running Agressively series was very interessting and I´m tempted to run a lot more agressive. But a lot of my opponents run jinteki decks and I´m wondering if its a good idea to run agressive against jinteki with all their traps. Would love to see a video about that some time in the future. Running into an early game neutral katana pretty much stoped me from running aggressively the whole game. Getting snared early game wasn´t a factor I was worried too much, but I think jinteki is built to punish a aggressive runner with all its traps and mind games.

#23 hollis

hollis

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:31 AM

sharoth said:

The Running Agressively series was very interessting and I´m tempted to run a lot more agressive. But a lot of my opponents run jinteki decks and I´m wondering if its a good idea to run agressive against jinteki with all their traps. Would love to see a video about that some time in the future. Running into an early game neutral katana pretty much stoped me from running aggressively the whole game. Getting snared early game wasn´t a factor I was worried too much, but I think jinteki is built to punish a aggressive runner with all its traps and mind games.

Jinteki certainly requires a more tempered approach to running -- don't run with fewer than 3 cards in hand, and preferrably you want at least 4. Decent decks will have redundancy; losing a couple cards from hand won't hamstring you. However, just be aware of what is in your hand, what is in your deck, and whether your should play key cards before or after running. There are are perhaps more opportunities to make mistakes against Jinteki than the other factions.

Indiscriminately fearing neural katana makes it that much stronger of a card. One of the pieces of advice I give to players I've taught is "run on everything, if for no other reason than to get an idea of how often various threats surface. You'll be able to make more informed decisions from this in the long run." Doing this, you might be surprised at how rarely neural katana actually surfaces in the early game.

As to their other traps … data mine you're going to hit eventually. Wall of thorns, you're often ok trading 2 cards for 8 credits. You'd rather see project junebug in R&D/HQ than in a remote server. And like you've already identified, early Snare! is a periphary concern.

Some Jinteki videos are on my bucket list, but I have a couple other interesting games on my HD I want to post first.

#24 Andrew.Taon

Andrew.Taon

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:11 PM

This is a really well done series.  Thanks for posting it here.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS