Grave13

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:19 PM

Howlrunner / swarm tactics

Obsidian squadron.

Tempest squadron x2

Academy pilot x 2

I got six ships so why not.  Thought I would throw this list out there and get your feedback.

#2 DeadInkPen

DeadInkPen

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:36 PM

I would drop the obsidian down to an acadamy, maybe drop down to one TIE Adanced using vader. 

#3 magadizer

magadizer

2014 X-wing Store Championship Participant

• Members
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:26 AM

Problem with your modification is that he said he only has 6 ships.

But there is consensus that 2 TIE advanced in a 100 point squad are not the strongest builds you can have.

Since I don't (or can't) play tournaments, I never worry about that but just try to have fun. But I agree that you shouldn't take 2 tempest pilots.

Be seeing you.

#4 Grave13

Grave13

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:16 PM

here is a revision of my list.

Vader / Swarm tactics.

Mauler.

Howlrunner / Determination

Dark Curse.

Backstabber.

Its a simple 99 pt list that has alot of the nasty star pilots in it,  A handful of ships in the list have a roll an additional dice, considering the empire lacks the real punch unlike the shooting power of an X-wing, The idea is to get in close and get mean. get in range band one to optimise dice rolls and Howlrunner is there to re-roll a failed dice roll for an extra chance to hit. 

#5 Duraham

Duraham

• Members
  • 822 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:32 PM

Grave13 said:

here is a revision of my list.

Vader / Swarm tactics.

Mauler.

Howlrunner / Determination

Dark Curse.

Backstabber.

Its a simple 99 pt list that has alot of the nasty star pilots in it,  A handful of ships in the list have a roll an additional dice, considering the empire lacks the real punch unlike the shooting power of an X-wing, The idea is to get in close and get mean. get in range band one to optimise dice rolls and Howlrunner is there to re-roll a failed dice roll for an extra chance to hit. 

I don't really like swarm tactics after using it in quite a number of games, it's difficult to get everybody within range 1 to do those swarm tactics strings, and it's really only useful when up against named pilots with little hp left. so I'd change it to squad leader, then give Mauler determination too to get yourself to 100 pts.

if you meet another 99 point squad, you will have to coin toss for initiative anyway, so you'd rather just go 100 pts and let him have it. sides, you aren't likely to me moving first anyway, especially with a minimum of 6 pilot skill

#6 Grave13

Grave13

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:02 AM

im looking at this now on my Empire list.

Vader / Marksmanship

Backstabber.

Howlrunner

Mauler Mithel / Determination

Dark Curse

not sure about marksmanship on vader may want to try expert handling. for definsive reasons

#7 Grave13

Grave13

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:18 PM

I have even been toying with this Idea too.

Darth Vader / determination

Howlrunner / Squad leader

Mauler Mithel / determination

Backstabber

Dark Curse

100 pts.

#8 Duraham

Duraham

• Members
  • 822 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:34 PM

Grave13 said:

Backstabber

Dark Curse

100 pts.

I'd put squad leader on darth vader, then determination on howlrunner, or take them all away and give vader a concussion

#9 Grave13

Grave13

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:19 PM

Duraham said:

Grave13 said:

Backstabber

Dark Curse

100 pts.

I'd put squad leader on darth vader, then determination on howlrunner, or take them all away and give vader a concussion

hmmm now a concussion does sound fun…I think i'll do just that :)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS