X-Wing Squad Builder

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 Eruletho

Eruletho

• Members
  • 649 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:23 AM

Saw this while perusing the BGG forums, it's a faceboo-integrated squad builder somebody made for the game. It's got all the stats, keeps your squad point value up to date for you, and lets you save and modify saved squads tied to your facebook account. It's pretty cool, even if it runs just a bit slow.

http://x-wing.voidstate.com/build

#2 voidstate

voidstate

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:42 AM

Thanks for posting this.

It's still in the final stages of development but most of it is working. If you find any bugs or have any suggestions for improvements, feel free to post them here: http://www.boardgame...quadron-builder

Also, I'll make it load faster once I'm sure it's all working… :)

Cheers

vs

· Try my Unoffical X-Wing Squadron Builder, see the 100,000+ squadrons other players have created or a list of all the X-Wing components.
· I spent the last year backpacking around SE Asia for a year with my wife and three identical triplet girls. Check out our blog to see where we got to: Travels With Triplets.

#3 Alamoth

Alamoth

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:00 AM

I'm assuming you coded it up to just "wait 1,000,000" while that Loading image is displayed, yeah?

#4 voidstate

voidstate

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:06 AM

Alamoth said:

I'm assuming you coded it up to just "wait 1,000,000" while that Loading image is displayed, yeah?

A great loading graphic like that takes time to properly appreciate. :D

Seriously, I'm sorry you had a problem. What platform/browser (and version) were you using? I know a few people have struggled a bit on iPads but I thought I'd fixed that.

If you open the console (normally F12), do you see an error message?

Cheers

vs

· Try my Unoffical X-Wing Squadron Builder, see the 100,000+ squadrons other players have created or a list of all the X-Wing components.
· I spent the last year backpacking around SE Asia for a year with my wife and three identical triplet girls. Check out our blog to see where we got to: Travels With Triplets.

#5 WarLokk

WarLokk

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:45 AM

This looks great!  

#6 WarLokk

WarLokk

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:55 AM

I did run into an issue with Chrome and pulling up a saved squad via the Manage button

TypeError
  1. argumentsArray[2]
  2. get messagefunction () { [native code] }
  3. get stackfunction () { [native code] }
  4. set messagefunction () { [native code] }
  5. set stackfunction () { [native code] }
  6. type"non_object_property_load"
  7. __proto__Error

#7 Alamoth

Alamoth

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:44 AM

Chrome Version 22.0.1229.94 m

It basically just sits on the loading screen. Same in Windows Explorer 7.

#8 atmsalad

atmsalad

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:54 AM

Is picking elite pilot skills an option right now? I tried to on wedge, but couldnt figure out how to.

#9 Eruletho

Eruletho

• Members
  • 649 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:26 PM

add the character to your squad, then once the ship is in that bigger window, click the arrow to the left of his name to expand his stats down, if they aren't already. Once that's done, you should see boxed with his possible upgrades. Click the box, and it pulls up a list of everything that can go in that slot. I haven't had any problems adding elite talents to any of the pilots I've thrown them on so far.

Void, had I know you would be on these fourms, I would have thrown in a thank you. I like this particular builder the best of the ones presented so far, and it even loads up on my tablet and phone, so I can manage squads on the go. I really like the wins/losses function in the squad management window, so you can track how well each squad does… awesome job!

#10 Parakitor

Parakitor

• Members
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:54 PM

Yep, I'm loving this squad builder, too. Great job. I, too, love the win/loss tracker. You can be sure I'll be updating this after each game I play with my Pick Your Targets squad.

I noticed an error, though. Black Squadron Pilots are supposed to have an Elite Pilot Talent slot, but it's conspicuously missing.

Keep up the excellent work!

"That starship won't fly, Bastila."

#11 Sushisamurai

Sushisamurai

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:11 PM

Another problem is that the Black Squadron Pilots don't have the option to upgrade. Otherwise this is great.

#12 Alamoth

Alamoth

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:17 PM

Alright, I finally got to try this out at home, and it looks like whatever plugins it needs just weren't supported at work.

This is pretty sweet.

#13 CaptainRook

CaptainRook

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:17 PM

I really like this, so my next suggestionisn't a criticism…but do you foresee a way if another friend/player is using this program, I could select their squad and declare whether or not I defeated it and have them confirm the result?

RookActual @ http://www.afewmaneuvers.com
-Rogue 9: rookactual@afewmaneuvers.com.

#14 voidstate

voidstate

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:15 AM

Alamoth said:

Alright, I finally got to try this out at home, and it looks like whatever plugins it needs just weren't supported at work.

This is pretty sweet.

Is facebook blocked at yor work? I have a suspicion that that might be the reason some people are having trouble with it not loading…

#15 Alamoth

Alamoth

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:46 AM

voidstate said:

Is facebook blocked at yor work? I have a suspicion that that might be the reason some people are having trouble with it not loading…

Yes it is. Good call.

#16 WarLokk

WarLokk

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:55 AM

Facebook isn't blocked at my work.  I get the loading screen for the Manage section on Chrome & IE9.  At work and at Home.

#17 voidstate

voidstate

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:34 AM

WarLokk said:

Facebook isn't blocked at my work.  I get the loading screen for the Manage section on Chrome & IE9.  At work and at Home.

A few people seem to be having this problem. I've added more error checking to the app. Hopefully that'll tel me why… :/

I have added the Elite Pilot Talent for Black Squadron pilots, though. So now you can do this:

==============================
Howlrunner Swarm Tactics Chain
==============================
100 points

Pilots
------

Howlrunner (20)
Upgrades: Swarm Tactics (2)

Black Squadron Pilot (16)

:D

vs

#18 XeroHour

XeroHour

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:59 AM

I'm having the same issue of the loading screen hanging after I click manage. I've tried it on my home and work comp in Chrome, IE, and Firefox.

#19 voidstate

voidstate

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:46 AM

Just a quick *bump* to let you guys know that I've added A-Wings and TIE Interceptors to the Squadron Builder.

The Millenium Falcon and Slave-1 are proving more tricky though… :/

#20 Reikkoil

Reikkoil

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:16 AM

Thanks a ton Voidstate.  I've been using your app a lot lately and really like the way it's set up.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS
About Fantasy Flight Games
Professional Zone