• This topic is locked This topic is locked
107 replies to this topic

#101 dancingcrab

dancingcrab

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:08 AM

signoftheserpent said:

YOu can't play the game completely out of the core box because you cannot build decks with 3x all cards.

So your game experience is limited.

This is surely obvious; you don't get 3x every card so you do not have all the options you might want to build a deck you want.

Of course you can play the game out of the box. The word completely in your first sentence feels a little misdirected. I feel my experience with the core set is complete. Clearly, you feel you can't.

Your third sentence I get. I understand that someone might feel a little frustrated by FFG's decision.

However…

I am so excited by this game. It's AWESOME. Clearly I don't personally feel impeded by this distrubution method (I own one core set). That said, all I want are more cards - as in, more expansions - and I am very excited to see the new cycle be released throughout the course of the next few months.

I want FFG to recognise that the game is loved and enjoyed, that people are willing to part with their hard-earned cash to play and support it. Looking through the product lists of the other LCGs (of which, I have experienced none), I can only hope that A:NR achieves the same number of add-ons.

All this negativity, it won't change how FFG distro the core set. Let's focus on letting them know that we love the product, and hope, that as loyal customers and fans, we will be treated fairly as we go forwards.

#102 Scoce

Scoce

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:16 AM

You know another fact about distribution is; it doesn't always pay to be first.

Ex. I managed to secure a copy of WLA but am not allowed to use it for a local tourney :(

#103 Messenger

Messenger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:27 AM

signoftheserpent said:

Messenger said:

The game isn't "complete" because it doesn't have 3 copies of each card in it but people can play full and amazing games with it. They can even have tournaments with it without having to modify any of the basic rules and official tournament rules to make up for its "incompleteness".

Which is exactly what I said.

You are not listening.

And yet you're still too blind and too petty to see what's important.

ROFLMAO!

See? Here we go again. The only thing you have going for your reasoning of "incompleteness" is not having 3 copes of each card, not if the game can be played normally to its fullest, ignoring that it can even be played at tournament levels. You don't even need 3 copies of each card to make a deck and play, yet you cling to it as if it was the end all and be all of the game.

FFG has lived up to its end of the bargain; the only thing you're doing is tacking on an anal and completist but completely unnecessary and even unfair judgement on their method and product.

Look at your responses: you either claim people don't get what you're saying, or you cherry pick what they say, or you completely ignore their valid points against yours.

You just don't get that not having 3 copies of each card just doesn't matter now, with just the Core Set, and especially with the coming of the game's expansions! It's unbelievable how you refuse to even address it.

Believe me, we're not the ones having any problems reading and compreheding things in this matter. We're not the ones who can't see the forest for the trees; or, in this case, the deck among the cards.

So, o most righteous and respectful consumer, having bought your Core Set- despite repeated and explicit claims that the lack of triple copies isn't worth your while- tell me: have you built your deck yet? Or are you still pissed off that you have to buy another Core Set? And a third? Do tell us again how wrong and evil FFG was to do it and how you could never support their distribution system. :-) 

#104 Messenger

Messenger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:40 AM

signoftheserpent said:

If you can't be bothered to read what other people write then that makes you a troll as well.

Indeed, I am a troll. :-) 

Of course, by that standard, you are a troll as well. Even now, with my most recent replies, I can see how you're ignoring the arguments given to you that contradict what you're saying just so you can keep up your opinion. I've gone through this thread, and you've done it so many times with other people. Whenever you reply, you cut out whatever statements and facts go directly, explicitly and overwhelmingly against your position. You act as if they were never said or that they don't matter despite the truth being the contrary.

The difference between us as trolls? I'm honest enough to admit it.

Everyone around here sees how both unilateral and unreasonable you've been; they have every right to call you a troll. And yet you can't bear to face that, denying it or calling your accusers trolls despite what you've posted and how you've acted.

I mean, come on! You posted at least 4 times that you weren't getting into this game on this issue! You felt so strongly about it! And then you bought it anyway despite claiming it was against your principles!

Keep it up. I want to see how far you can go. :-D

#105 Penfold

Penfold

• Members
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:51 AM

signoftheserpent said:

You are not magically validated in your bejhaviour just because this subject has been raised before; in fact that it has been raised before should alert you to the fact it's a problem.

Logical fallacy.

#106 Penfold

Penfold

• Members
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:53 AM

signoftheserpent said:

Can you build a deck with 3x any card you choose?

Logical fallacy.

#107 Penfold

Penfold

• Members
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:55 AM

Eldil said:

@signoftheserpent

I'll try asking it again: what existing game are you basing your expectations on? What collectible/customizable game offers you a complete playset in a single box?

You've repeatedly said that FFG distribution choice is "bizarre and ill informed" and "a very flawed decision." But the game seems to be a commercial and critical success; it's repeatedly sold out and is the #1 ranked customizable game on BGG.

You're saying it could have been even better, but I think if you're going to argue with the level of success they've had, you should be able to point to some examples of games that did exactly what you're claiming is the right decision. What game gives you a complete playset in a box?

Stop. Using. Logic.

No logic is allowed in this thread. Emotional pleas and hyperbole. That is the way to get people to believe you are Nerdstrodomus and can tell the future without any facts to back you up.

#108 Penfold

Penfold

• Members
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:23 PM

Penfold said:

Stop. Using. Logic.

No logic is allowed in this thread. Emotional pleas and hyperbole. That is the way to get people to believe you are Nerdstrodomus and can tell the future without any facts to back you up.

That is trolling.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS