Arya Stark (A Tale of Champions) and Northern Courser

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Slothgodfather

Slothgodfather

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:44 PM

This question came up again over at Cardgamedb and I went ahead and asked FFG about it.   Here was the response from Damon.  

"The Northern Courser changes the claim of the challenge Arya is in. The claim replacement is incompatible with the opposing player satisfying the altered claim so the "if able" clause prevents Arya's ability from triggering." - Damon Stone

Side note - Is there anyway to get that "FFG Rulings/Answer" thread as a sticky so it can be easily found?

Edited by Slothgodfather, 23 October 2013 - 12:44 PM.

#22 mdc273

mdc273

• Members
  • 975 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:41 PM

I like the ruling, but have a hard time explaining its general applicability.

I guess because "choose and kill 1 character controlled by the losing opponent." specifically refers to the losing opponent and because the opposing title owners are not the losing opponent that they can not satisfy the effect. As they can not satisfy it, the "if able" condition is not met and the effect goes unresolved.

I wish they'd addressed the "the guy I attacked also has an opposing title" issue, but one thing at a time.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS