Elder Sign Statistics Reports

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 Manolito

Manolito

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 12:59 AM

I entered a few plays in the stats, and unefortunately I realised that I had a single very important rule wrong : once the doom track is full, you are not eliminated, but the ancient one awakes ! :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: So i've logged most of my defeats as defeat by elimination, when only one or two from them are real eliminations.

Hopefully, it won't have too much effect on the total stats.

I guess i've played the 1987 "Arkham horror" (no final battle after the doom track is filled) one time too many.

Sorry for the little disturbance !

#42 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,587 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:51 AM

Ooh, uh... so you have never conducted final combat as normal? What would you like me to do with these data?

I think I'll delete the entries that say "defeat by elimination" but don't indicate that you've been devoured excessively (which is what "elimination" means: either all 16/24 investigators have been devoured or devouring all in-play characters simultaneously causes the AO to awaken).

#43 Manolito

Manolito

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:57 AM

I think it's fine to write them as "defeat by final battle" as, anyway, I've never won a single final battle in "elder sign" !

Thanks for the fast correction !

#44 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,587 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:25 AM

Sure thing. I now have them as "Defeat by final battle" but also flagged in red in case you change your mind.

#45 ObsessiveGamer

ObsessiveGamer

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:25 PM

Okay, there's something about some of these submissions that's driving me nuts, but I never said anything until now.  There are a whole bunch of defeats by elimination because people challenge themselves by not replacing their dead investigators.  Now that's all well and good - house rules and other such variations can enhance the game!

But shouldn't these be labeled as defeat by forfeit?  If you had one investigator, and she got killed, and YOU CHOSE not to replace her as per the rules of the game, isn't that a forfeit?  (I'm looking at line 439 here, but also most, if not all, of the rest of the defeats by "elimination.")  The ONLY WAY you should have a defeat by elimination is to have 16 (or 24 if you're playing UF) devoured investigators.  (And that would be very difficult (if not impossible in vanilla where no rewards have you removing doom tokens) to do with the way the doom track and devouring rules work.)  So there should NOT be very many of these.

I know it's not the most official data, but couldn't we at least try to keep it standard to the printed rules?  I mean, it's not my data, so it's ultimately up to Tibs - just wanted to point it out.

#46 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,587 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:12 AM

I agree completely. I try to make it clear in the question description what I mean by "elimination" but there's only so much you can do to enforce it. Really, the single most important statistic is whether the investigators won or lost.

#47 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,587 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:41 PM

Hi all. I had made a slight error in the formula for length of game per player count so that it didn't display at all. But now the statistic is available!

Elder Sign averages 55 minutes, plus 7 minutes per player.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS