The Enemy Within…Musing on Price and Production

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#41 valvorik

valvorik

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:27 AM

A bit over 190 by memory.  That includes a 2522 calendar and 2 page map of empire at back (map is a new one I think).

#42 Captain Fluffy

Captain Fluffy

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:40 AM

crimsonsun said:

Edit: Esdevium Games was the big one I was thinking of… I will drop them an email they may or may not respond.

Crimsonsun

Esdevium Games are the distributor for FFG in the UK (and possibly Europe) so they are the only place worth checking.  I doubt they will respond to your emails but they do post up a pdf every Friday that details all of the releases in the coming week.  If it is on Esdevium's list on Friday it will usually be in stores by Thursday of the following week (some sellers, such as IGUK, tend to be a quicker than others). TEW wasn't on last Friday's list so there is no point checking your FLGS this week.  

Give me more fluff and less rules

Hear me on the Tabletop Chronicles Podcast
https://itunes.apple...ast/id670638100

#43 crimsonsun

crimsonsun

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:53 AM

Esdevium and IGUK have told me after Christmas - into the new year for this… I Bloody well hope they are wrong for if its appearing in the states it should be here! Also I wouldnt be surprised if complanies will have extra deleiveries at this time of year due to the increased demand on stock… Well I am hoping anyway…

Crimsonsun

The Question of Khaine

"A God named Khaine, A God of Murder and death and bloodshed, only the willfully blind could not see this is none other than the Blood Lord Himself, cloaked in one of his many guises to beguile and trick those who might otherwise repel him!"

-The Liber Chaotica

#44 crimsonsun

crimsonsun

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:05 AM

Hi mate, if you have time and inclination would you be able to present an overview/spoiler thread proberly in the games masters section detailing a plot overview, also possibly more importantly I am very keen for a contents listing, espeically regarding, actions/NPC/Monsters… Many Many thanks in advance.

Crimsonsun

The Question of Khaine

"A God named Khaine, A God of Murder and death and bloodshed, only the willfully blind could not see this is none other than the Blood Lord Himself, cloaked in one of his many guises to beguile and trick those who might otherwise repel him!"

-The Liber Chaotica

#45 cparadis

cparadis

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:04 AM

The "Upcoming" schedule shows that it is "in stores now."  Should be able to get it soon. Then, I just need to find some more players!

#46 crimsonsun

crimsonsun

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:36 AM

It actually makes me really livid that people have acess to this product, while we cannot even Pre-Order it. I dont mind waiting say a week longer, for it to get here that I can understand, its the fact we cannot even order it, in fact currently UK online stores are practically acting like it does not exist at all, and are not expecting it until the new year…

I know I sound bitter, but celestral magic POD has not even made it to the UK retailers yet, a few have it up for preorder the rest it is not even that close, it feels rediculious that in a modern world that a comapany like FFG could not make more of an effort to pull its releases for a closer global release. Especially with 'Big Items' like this one., The POD i am not bothered about when it gets here I will pick it up, but Im not rushed, TEW on the other hand I have been antcipating for 9months, and if I have to spend the next 4-6 weeks waiting for it all the while others are able to use it I will be mightly frustrated. I also realise that sometimes boats get stopped for customers checks or weather does not allow the items to move via transit, but this is EVERY release, and what is bugging me is that the online stores here do not have the slighest idea that it is being released, every one I have spoken too today said they have heard NOTHING….

Well thats my vent, the bloody boat best make Esvidiums midweek delivery or I will be MAD… Crimsonsun

The Question of Khaine

-The Liber Chaotica

#47 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,111 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:38 PM

My FLGS told me January 14th.  They've got it in Canada already..but that's awfully close to Minnesota and they share the same climate (you know, the one with the equivalent temperatures to the moons of Neptune).  Whereas Colorado is nearly two states away and people forget what they're doing b/c o that new law and all   ;)

#48 crimsonsun

crimsonsun

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:44 PM

Yeah I realise my post was way over the top, I had just spent hours trying to track down some estimation to when I will be able to get my hands on a copy and it was frustrating to say the least, my post was also ment with a more tongue in cheek fashion than is easy to convey in text.. I am not really psycho crazy just over dramatising my point to provide emthesis. Fingers crossed we will get wind of it by the start of next week… Fingers Crossed.

The Question of Khaine

-The Liber Chaotica

#49 Johann Rowlocks

Johann Rowlocks

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:19 PM

I'm in Victoria BC Canada and my FLGS says Dec 21st! Can't wait… May have to devise a TPK on the current campaign to clear the way to the new TEW.

#50 DurakBlackaxe

DurakBlackaxe

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:56 PM

So does TEW come with any new careers?

I can wait until after xmas, since even FFG shop doesnt have it for sale either. I will likely go the amazon way this time.

#51 chrull

chrull

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:53 PM

Sfbok Stockholm, Sweden is getting the expansion this friday (or beginning next week the latest). :)

#52 tangle

tangle

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:19 AM

Hi there,

This may not be of any consolation, but I ordered The Enemy Within from bookdepository.com (I got the core set for something like £45 from them a few months back so have had a good experience with them before). When I look now though it says not currently available, so either they sold out on their initial shipment or something's changed I guess… I choose to believe the former. The Enemy Within was only about £28 with postage though, which to me seems very reasonable. Fingers crossed that I get sent it in the next month…

#53 valvorik

valvorik

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:26 AM

DurakBlackaxe said:

So does TEW come with any new careers?

I guess we're special here in Toronto (we may have no hockey*, a mayor who was ordered out of office, a Premier who doesn't want the job anymore, hmmm, - we are ideal for the Enemy Within).

No, no new careers and I'm pretty sure the action cards are intended for bad guys/NPCs.  It's like Gathering Storm in that sense in terms of "what sort of contents".

* oops, sorry Marlies, I mean no national hockey league hockey of course.

#54 cparadis

cparadis

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:13 AM

Since none of the FLGS's around here carry WFRP cosistently :( I went ahead and ordered it from FFG's online store. Excited for it to arrive.

#55 DurakBlackaxe

DurakBlackaxe

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:01 AM

cparadis said:

Since none of the FLGS's around here carry WFRP cosistently :( I went ahead and ordered it from FFG's online store. Excited for it to arrive.

Woot, they put it up after I posted it wasnt for sale.  That or my cache was acting up.

Not going to order it this time since i have still got an order stuck in the post at US customs, and with the holiday post it could take ages. Plus FFG still havent replied to my query about when i should think about or how i go about reporting it lost, ah well.

#56 crimsonsun

crimsonsun

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:33 AM

Thats what I was interested in, hence why i said it might be better in a spoiler thread in the gamesmasters section. thanks for any information you share in advance.

Crimsonsun

The Question of Khaine

-The Liber Chaotica

#57 arapinha

arapinha

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:29 PM

I pre-ordered mine from CoolStuffInc. Usually, they start shipping the goods before FFG lists it as "in stores", but it hasn't happened this time. Still waiting for TEW to ship…

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS