25 replies to this topic

#21 H.B.M.C.

H.B.M.C.

Freelance Writer/Play-Tester

• Members
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:03 PM

Captain Ventris said:

Hey, they statted a friggin' Heirophant in Jericho Reach!

And isn't it a giant friggin' neon sign that just says "Tyranid Weapons are functionally broken and do not scale!". He still has Pen 3 on his claws!!!

Matt Eustace. Contributing Author Credits: Church of the Damned, The Lathe Worlds, The Lathe Worlds - The Lost Dataslate, Only War Core Rulebook, Hammer of the Emperor, Shield of Humanity, Tome of Fate, Tome of Blood, Tome of Excess and Tome of Decay.

The views expressed in this post are my own. I do not speak for or on behalf of Fantasy Flight Games.

#22 herichimo

herichimo

• Members
  • 898 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:19 AM

H.B.M.C. said:

Captain Ventris said:

And isn't it a giant friggin' neon sign that just says "Tyranid Weapons are functionally broken and do not scale!". He still has Pen 3 on his claws!!!

And does, what? A minimum of 40 or 50 damage with a max of around 75 or more? No scaling my bum-cakes.

#23 kjakan

kjakan

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:39 AM

herichimo said:

Since the orks were specifically designed to fight the necrons …

Really? What fluff points in this direction?

-K

#24 herichimo

herichimo

• Members
  • 898 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:54 AM

kjakan said:

Really? What fluff points in this direction?

-K

Got into the game in 5th edition did you?

All you know is WAAAAAAAAARRRRRD!?

Too bad, missing out on all the really good background created by the guys who actually made the universe.

#25 AlphariusOmegon7

AlphariusOmegon7

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:07 AM

herichimo said:

H.B.M.C. said:

Captain Ventris said:

And does, what? A minimum of 40 or 50 damage with a max of around 75 or more? No scaling my bum-cakes.

It does 1d10+39R Pen 3 damage with its scything talons.  That's a max of 49 Pen 3 as it can't RF cause no Touched by the Fates.  So yes, that is ridiculous, as that doesn't even scratch a Landraider, let alone a Titan which it's meant to be equivalent to.  Size scaling means it still insta-gibs marines, but also becomes a valid threat to tanks, rather than a joke.  Add +1d10 Pen +3 for each size category above Hulking, giving it 4d10+39R Pen 12, much more reasonable for a frigging titan equivalent.  

#26 Captain Ventris

Captain Ventris

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:03 AM

Yeah, the non-scaling Tyranid melee is dumb. I use some house rules to make them scale, and they work well. I don't use very many house rules, but that is definitely one of them.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS