'Nuff said.

Rebels: 3 X-Wing, 1 Y-Wing, 1 A-Wing, 1 B-Wing, 1 YT-1300

Imperials: 5 TIE/LN, 1 TIE/ADV, 1 TIE/IN, 1 Firespray-31

#122 MacRauri

MacRauri

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:12 PM

How could they miss the obvious flavor text for Salacious B. Crumb?  I'm very disappointed.

• GroggyGolem likes this

#123 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:26 PM

How could they miss the obvious flavor text for Salacious B. Crumb?  I'm very disappointed.

"Beast!" - C-3PO, Return of the Jedi

#124 GroggyGolem

GroggyGolem

• Members
  • 810 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:22 AM

"Beast!" - C-3PO, Return of the Jedi

"Get me a sandwich!" - Jabba the Fett, Attack of the Clones

#125 cooleo1c

cooleo1c

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 03:25 PM

"AH-hahahahaha!"

- Salacious B. Crumb, Return of the jedi

Edited by cooleo1c, 18 February 2014 - 03:26 PM.

• MarthWMaster, divinityofnumber and nickgavan like this

#126 See Threebilbo

See Threebilbo

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:23 PM

These are all really cool!

Hmmm...Shistavanens are my favorite species, so maybe a Lak Sivrak?  But would he be Rebel or Smugglers and Spies? 

#127 GroggyGolem

GroggyGolem

• Members
  • 810 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:05 AM

These are all really cool!

Hmmm...Shistavanens are my favorite species, so maybe a Lak Sivrak?  But would he be Rebel or Smugglers and Spies? 

Could possibly be a Neutral Light if it comes down to it. I don't think we've ever seen a Neutral Unique Unit in the game so far.

#128 KennedyHawk

KennedyHawk

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:59 AM

I'd like to see a Han Solo attachment like the Wedge and Luke attachments.

He could do something like grant the vehicle elite and a tactics. That would be fun :).

Elite Sleuth Scouts with a tactics icon, my mind is blown.

#129 GroggyGolem

GroggyGolem

• Members
  • 810 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:52 PM

I'd like to see a Han Solo attachment like the Wedge and Luke attachments.

He could do something like grant the vehicle elite and a tactics. That would be fun :).

Elite Sleuth Scouts with a tactics icon, my mind is blown.

Sleuth Scout with 3 pilots. (I don't even understand how they all fit in that thing) Noooow your mind is blown.

#130 See Threebilbo

See Threebilbo

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:18 PM

They fit in it very, very carefully.

• GroggyGolem likes this

#131 Darth Fain

Darth Fain

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:08 AM

Where did you guys got the templates? :(

I want to make some objective sets for my SWTOR Guildies but cant find any Temp

#132 Magni

Magni

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:58 AM

I want a cantina band pod.

+++ Engagement: Resolve Strikes +++

magni strikes with greedo for 2 unit damage to Han Solo and 1 Blast Damage.

#133 MacRauri

MacRauri

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:44 AM

The cantina band Voltron pod? "We're getting the band back together"

#134 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 04:24 PM

Here you go. I threw some "limit once per turn" clauses in there just to keep it from being TOO ridiculous. Enjoy!

Intergalactic Tour - Objective (Smugglers and Spies)
Resource: 1
Capacity: 5
Reaction: After a friendly unit strikes as an attacker, remove it from the engagement. (Limit once per turn.)
The smooth sounds of Figrin D'an and the Modal Nodes were frequent ambience in cantinas throughout the Outer Rim.
MWM6 - 1/6

•The Modal Nodes - Unit (Smugglers and Spies)
Cost: 3
Force icons: 3
Capacity: 2
Combat icons: B
Character. Civilian.
Reaction:
After this unit strikes as an attacker, move a token (any type) from another unit to this unit.
MWM6 - 2/6

Bith Musician - Unit (Neutral)
Cost: 1
Force icons: 1
Capacity: 1
Combat icons: n/a
Character. Civilian.
Action:
Sacrifice this unit to remove a token (any type) from target Character unit.
MWM6 - 3/6

Bith Musician - Unit (Neutral)
Capacity: 1
Combat icons: n/a
Character. Civilian.
Action:
Sacrifice this unit to remove a token (any type) from target Character unit.
MWM6 - 4/6

Kloo Horn Training - Enhancement (Smugglers and Spies)
Cost: 2
Force icons: 2
Skill.
Enhance a Character unit.
Reaction: After enhanced unit strikes as an attacker, remove all tokens (each type) from another target unit. (Limit once per turn.)
MWM6 - 5/6

Evading Capture - Event (Smugglers and Spies)

Interrupt: After edge stacks are revealed (before fate card resolution), return a card you played during this edge battle to its owner's hand.
MWM6 - 6/6

Edited by MarthWMaster, 03 April 2014 - 07:51 PM.

#135 See Threebilbo

See Threebilbo

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:22 PM

Be right back, crying because the event card in that pod is not real.

• MarthWMaster likes this

#136 divinityofnumber

divinityofnumber

• Members
  • 663 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:47 PM

Cool but way overpowered, especially in the late game. 

Star Wars LCG: FFG EC Regional 2014 - Top 4; Star Wars LCG: FFG Event Center Store Championship 2014 - Top 4; FFG Event Center Season One 2014 - Minneapolis Regional Game Night - Top 4; May the 4th Be With You 2013 - Second Chance Tournament Champion; A Game of Thrones LCG: Days of Ice and Fire 2013 - Joust Top 16

abUse the Force author on CardGameDB.com

#137 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:52 PM

Might raising the cost of the Bith Musicians or enhancement, or adjusting something else tone it down some? Or are you speaking specifically of the event card?

Edited by MarthWMaster, 03 April 2014 - 07:53 PM.

#138 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:52 PM

Might raising the cost of the Bith Musicians or enhancement, or adjusting something else tone it down some? Or are you speaking specifically of the event card?

First off, awesome job! The way the objective moves units out of battle and shuffles tokens around reminds me of "The Bith Shuffle." Was that intentional? Because it's so cool. It also reminds me of entertainers from Star Wars Galaxies because the musicians could heal people, if I recall correctly.

Kloo Horn Training seems the most overpowered to me. Everything else seems nice. The problem with Kloo Horn Training is that it acts as Trust Your Feelings, except you can choose which unit gets the benefit. I can see a lot of ways to use this card well. First, there's the combo with the Modal Nodes. You load those Biths up with tokens and then sing them away with Kloo Horn Training. But you could just as easily send a unit like Chewbacca or a Blockade Runner in to deal damage to an objective, attack a different objective with the Kloo Horn Training-enhanced unit to remove focus tokens from the objective-damaging unit, then use that unit to strike again against the third objective. Alternatively, you can send Kloo Horn Training's unit into combat with a couple units, then free them up mid-battle when the Kloo Horn Training-enhanced unit strikes to allow them to strike again during combat.

The one thing that stops Kloo Horn from being too powerful is that you have to enhance a Character unit and most S&S characters don't have very much damage capacity. Kloo Horn Training will make its enhanced unit a huge target and it will be hard to avoid fire since it must strike in combat in order to gain its benefit. If you can get Wookiee Life Debt on the table with some Wookiees, this card becomes quite scary. Alternatively, you can run this in a Jedi deck and use Guardian of the Peace. Either way, you want to keep this unit alive, and if you can do that, you will have a serious leg-up over your opponent.

On the other hand, Echo Caverns seemed super powerful, but I don't hear many people talking about it much anymore. Maybe Kloo Horn Training would be a fad like that. It's certainly powerful, but not necessarily game-breaking.

Sorry for going so long, but another card worth mentioning is Evading Capture. I would love to throw down Twist of Fate with a couple other cards, then, if I have more icons than my opponent, I can pull Twist back out and save it for later. This is just brutal! I do feel like it outclasses Reversal of Fate by a lot. Typical of a Smugglers & Spies card. :) Reversal doesn't let you see the cards first, but this one does. That's a huge advantage.

I think you did a good job of trying to keep balance by pairing stellar cards like Evading Capture and Kloo Horn Training with cards like Bith Musician. The little guys are still useful, but people would be running this set for the other two power cards. 

• MarthWMaster likes this

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#139 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:06 PM

The way the objective moves units out of battle and shuffles tokens around reminds me of "The Bith Shuffle." Was that intentional? Because it's so cool. It also reminds me of entertainers from Star Wars Galaxies because the musicians could heal people, if I recall correctly.

The Bith Shuffle didn't even occur to me. It's more the latter: I was wondering, "How exactly could the cantina band help save the galaxy?" And I decided they should be about token removal, since it's rejuvenating to sit down and drink some ale while listening to music. That, and I felt that since the Modal Nodes are touring all over the Outer Rim, they're going to be dealing with a lot of stress, so in a way, the relief they give to the cantina patrons is siphoned onto the Nodes themselves. Then it was just a matter of adjusting costs and abilities to keep it somewhat mellow.

I'd say a big part of playtesting is figuring out which cards work well together, which cards work too well together, and which don't work at all. I can only imagine what a headache it must be for this game in particular, since the cards need to be evaluated both by themselves and as objective sets.

Edited by MarthWMaster, 03 April 2014 - 11:07 PM.

#140 Marshal Lambert

Marshal Lambert

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:25 AM

Hi All,

First time poster in these forums. Loving the game, and loving the fan cards posted in here.

I have a few questions, and the answers will help me improve my own fan cards:

1 - What is the font for the card title. I know Eurostyle is used for the game text, but I can't find the Title font, even after using font search software

2 - What are the font sizes for the various texts? Specifically on the cards posted by Galak Fyyar (good job btw!)

3 - Where can you get the icon symbols (tactics, blast etc) for the body of the card text - ie the "this unit gains (blast)"? Are they just .png files or is there a font?

4 - Anyone got any good quality scans of cards on par with Galak's for the other factions and card types? Most interetsed in smugglers and scum cards. I know how to create templates from the cards, and using medium grade scans is fine, but i want them to look as good as possible

5 - How do you actually post pictures to this forum? Do you have to post them elsewhere online first? I have some cards made already and would to share them to get your thoughts and feedback for game balance etc

Many thanks

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS