Photo

the Future of Warhammer Invasion LCG (important!)

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 Kirath

Kirath

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:52 AM

75,3% of statistics are made up on the spot. 

#62 klaymen_sk

klaymen_sk

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:17 PM

I agree with points raised in this thread.

And to add something myself:

I am pretty much a new player and I own just the core game. While I'd like to play comeptitively, W:I community here in Slovakia is pretty much non-existent. There are a few people who either own the game, but they live quite far away, or have sold it already. Also as it has been mentioned, the price is quite high - even more if you consider that the core game, AoU and maybe a few battlepacks that don't have all cards in 3 copies. I consider it as an insult from FFG, because if I want the missing cards, I have to invest quite a lot. If they have at least released the "missing" cards in some kind of extra pack. There is a difference between business trying to earn money and greed.

FFG employee #1: "How will we earn money from these LCG games?"

FFG employee #2: "Competitive players who want to have all cards in 3 copies will have to buy these games several times, lulz."

FFG employee #1: "Genius!"

"To each of us falls a task. And all the Emperor requires of us Guardsmen is that we stand in line, and we die fighting. It is what we do best: we die standing."

-General Sturnn, Cadian 412th regiment

#63 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,407 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:25 AM

klaymen_sk said:

I agree with points raised in this thread.

And to add something myself:

I am pretty much a new player and I own just the core game. While I'd like to play comeptitively, W:I community here in Slovakia is pretty much non-existent. There are a few people who either own the game, but they live quite far away, or have sold it already. Also as it has been mentioned, the price is quite high - even more if you consider that the core game, AoU and maybe a few battlepacks that don't have all cards in 3 copies. I consider it as an insult from FFG, because if I want the missing cards, I have to invest quite a lot. If they have at least released the "missing" cards in some kind of extra pack. There is a difference between business trying to earn money and greed.

FFG employee #1: "How will we earn money from these LCG games?"

FFG employee #2: "Competitive players who want to have all cards in 3 copies will have to buy these games several times, lulz."

FFG employee #1: "Genius!"

So it is an insult to "make" you buy more than one core set but games like MTG that "make" you buy multiple booster packs is okay ? lulz as you say.

Any LCG is significantly cheaper than any TCG and if people don't like how the core sets are packaged then don't but the constantly whining about it is pointless. No one forces you to buy anything. It has nothing to do with greed.

To have 3 of every card in every core set would increase the price beyond what your typical gamer is willing to initially invest in a new game. The core sets are packaged to allow a complete out of the box game experience.

#64 klaymen_sk

klaymen_sk

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:42 PM

Toqtamish said:

So it is an insult to "make" you buy more than one core set but games like MTG that "make" you buy multiple booster packs is okay ? lulz as you say.

I've said nothing about MtG, because we are not talking about it here. Or on this forum, unlike on the rest of the internet, if you don't explicitly say something, then you imply the opposite? If no, then please stop putting words in my mouth. Thank you for your understanding. :)

Toqtamish said:

Any LCG is significantly cheaper than any TCG and if people don't like how the core sets are packaged then don't but the constantly whining about it is pointless. No one forces you to buy anything. It has nothing to do with greed.

I know that I am not forced. Though if I want to use three cards that are in one or two copies in the box, I have either to forget about it or shell out even more money. Or FFG could do something about it……

Toqtamish said:

To have 3 of every card in every core set would increase the price beyond what your typical gamer is willing to initially invest in a new game. The core sets are packaged to allow a complete out of the box game experience.

I'll quote what I have said earlier:

klaymen_sk said:

If they have at least released the "missing" cards in some kind of extra pack.

That would be impossible, right? Or to have less cards in the core set, but have 3 copies of each card. The remaining cards can be released in the following battlepack lest the core set's price was too high.

Wow, I have solved the issue in a moment. I think I am a genius. FFG, would you like to employ me?

/sarcasm

"To each of us falls a task. And all the Emperor requires of us Guardsmen is that we stand in line, and we die fighting. It is what we do best: we die standing."

-General Sturnn, Cadian 412th regiment

#65 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,407 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:58 AM

klaymen_sk said:

That would be impossible, right? Or to have less cards in the core set, but have 3 copies of each card. The remaining cards can be released in the following battlepack lest the core set's price was too high.

Wow, I have solved the issue in a moment. I think I am a genius. FFG, would you like to employ me?

/sarcasm

That is an awful idea. Why would we want less card variety for a complete set instead ? Honestly you completist I just don't understand. Much better to have a more fulfilling out of the box game than 3 of each card. It is really not a big deal to buy extra core sets.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS