Millennium Falcon FULLY Spoiled [VIDEO]

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#41 gatharion

gatharion

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:00 AM

I'm trying to not get too financially involved in this game, but this expansion looks like a "must have".

#42 mrfroggies

mrfroggies

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:28 AM

I was looking at the assault missile and I think this is works as a counter to Biggs.  You shoot him because you have to, then damage all his buddies hiding in his coat tails.

#43 peteparkerh

peteparkerh

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:29 PM

Fantasy Flight Games,

I play a lot of miniature games and really appreciate pre-painted minis. Congratulations on producing one of the most incredible and iconic minis to date!  Very well done. Can't wait to get my own. 

#44 The_Brown_Bomber

The_Brown_Bomber

• Members
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:07 PM

wow. WOW. i want one. now. awesome!

"There will be a substantial reward for anyone who finds the Millenium Falcon. You are free to use whatever means necessary, but I want them alive. No disintegration!".

Lord Vader

#45 borithan

borithan

• Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:44 PM

Tawnos said:

I'm curious about the generic Smuggler.  It's the first time a ship has had different stats depending on which pilot you choose.

Makes sense. The Falcon is modded all to hell, so a generic ship would be very different. I actually wish they did more ships with different stats depending on the pilot.

#46 ArcticSnake

ArcticSnake

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:53 AM

They probably will, I hope not that often though.

Although I think I forsee that they will be creating more Modifier cards.

Battlescribe X-Wing Miniatures Data file links:
Index.bsi file: https://dl.dropboxus...tures/index.bsi
Index.xml file: https://dl.dropboxus...tures/index.xml

#47 MechaBri.Zilla

MechaBri.Zilla

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:56 AM

Thanks for the post.  Can't wait to get my hands on one of these.

#48 herozeromes

herozeromes

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:17 AM

This is awesome. So very awesome.

#49 R5Don4

R5Don4

• Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:02 AM

Devlan said:

I kinda wish there was a Han crew card so I could have Chewie piloting with Han and Luke at the guns vs 4 Ties…

With the 360 degree arc someone is in a turret at all times.  with the Luke upgrade, I guess that represents having both guns manned.  I'm kind of surprised there wasn't a less expensive gunner option than Luke to have.  In the battle of Endor the Falcon was fully manned with a Rebel crew, would have liked to have seen that represented.

Great forum http://www.afewmaneuvers.com/index

Looking for a game in the Greater Toronto Area?  We can hook you up https://www.facebook.com/groups/swgon/ Star Wars Gaming Ontario formerly known as Star Wars Miniatures Toronto

#50 JustinKase

JustinKase

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:01 AM

I kind of wish all the freighter cards were stock - with the Falcon Title card providing the stat boosts.  Something like this:

Something like :

#51 R5Don4

R5Don4

• Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:48 AM

Devlan said:

There is a lot of cool new stuff in that expansion, I love it.  I just hope we'll be able to get Veteran Instincts in the Interceptor or A-Wing pack, because I don't want to have to be limited by only one.  And I'm not buying more than one YT-1300, either.

From the preview pics I don't think we will.  Maybe they will be in the deck of 13 that comes with Slave 1. 

Great forum http://www.afewmaneuvers.com/index

Looking for a game in the Greater Toronto Area?  We can hook you up https://www.facebook.com/groups/swgon/ Star Wars Gaming Ontario formerly known as Star Wars Miniatures Toronto

#52 zachbunn

zachbunn

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:44 AM

MechaBri.Zilla said:

Thanks for the post.  Can't wait to get my hands on one of these.

No problem! I'm seriously excited about this release and crossing my fingers that we get approved for a kessel run!

Do or do not, there is no try.

#53 FarkonGnome

FarkonGnome

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:32 AM

I added all of the cards that come with the Millennium Falcon to my squad builders. I haven't added the ship upgrades to the empire set yet, but I will this weekend.

And by "cards" I mean actual pictures of them thanks to MantoF18.

#54 Hrathen

Hrathen

• Members
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:23 AM

Soooo Excited!

I love all the upgrade-ability that the YT-1300 has.  And the upgrade ability this pack adds to the rest of the game. 

I am really excited for Elusive Pilot and Vetren Instincts? I can see me using these cards on lots of other ships.  I hope these cards are available in other packs so that I don't have to buy more than one YT-1300 just to get my piloting skill upgrades.

Is there a max skill for pilots?  Can I up Darth Vader to an 11?  (evil smile)

Putting an end to this distructive conflict and bringing order to the galaxy.

#55 The_Brown_Bomber

The_Brown_Bomber

• Members
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:00 AM

im pretty confident they will do this. alternate pilots. Luke Jedi Master will upgrade his pilot skill to 9 and give him some cool 'use the force' ability. watch this space :)

"There will be a substantial reward for anyone who finds the Millenium Falcon. You are free to use whatever means necessary, but I want them alive. No disintegration!".

Lord Vader

#56 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:30 AM

Hrathen said:

Soooo Excited!

I love all the upgrade-ability that the YT-1300 has.  And the upgrade ability this pack adds to the rest of the game. 

I am really excited for Elusive Pilot and Vetren Instincts? I can see me using these cards on lots of other ships.  I hope these cards are available in other packs so that I don't have to buy more than one YT-1300 just to get my piloting skill upgrades.

No max skill that I know of.  Your yield for putting it on Vader is probably pretty low as there aren't many pilots he'll need an 11 to beat.

#57 Emrico

Emrico

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:34 AM

dbmeboy said:

Hrathen said:

Soooo Excited!

No max skill that I know of.  Your yield for putting it on Vader is probably pretty low as there aren't many pilots he'll need an 11 to beat.

That is partially outweighed by the sheer joy of putting the card on him and saying "Mine goes to Eleven!!!"

Jim

Rebels: 3 YT-1300s, 6 X-Wings, 6 Y-Wings, 6 A-Wings, 6 B-Wings, 4 HWK-290s,10 Z-95s, 3 E-Wings, 2 GR-75s, 1 CR-90
Imperials: 8 TIEs, 4 TIE Adv, 12 TIE Interceptors, 3 Firesprays, 6 TIE Bombers, 5 Lambdas, 3 TIE Defenders, 4 Phantoms

#58 Nazull

Nazull

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:33 AM

R5Don4 said:

Devlan said:

I kinda wish there was a Han crew card so I could have Chewie piloting with Han and Luke at the guns vs 4 Ties…

With the 360 degree arc someone is in a turret at all times.  with the Luke upgrade, I guess that represents having both guns manned.  I'm kind of surprised there wasn't a less expensive gunner option than Luke to have.  In the battle of Endor the Falcon was fully manned with a Rebel crew, would have liked to have seen that represented.

I was thinking about this and thought.. dose the Falcon get to shot twice ? as it has a gun under its belly and one on top. (and the small Defence gun that shots at the storm troopers in the hanger on the movie, That gun could of been used to shot down missiles) hehehe

Like in the movie where Hans Solo and Luke get into 2 diffrent seats to shot at diffrent ships. Hmmmm

#59 JustinKase

JustinKase

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:34 PM

I didn't see anything to indicate that it got to fire twice.  But, I am surprised that was not a feature of the Large/Medium ship.  I really expected the falcon to be able to fire both quads (2 gunners) and the missile (Pilot) - with the relevant upgrades that would have made it cost as much as ~3 ships ;)

#60 DrUnK3n_PaNdA

DrUnK3n_PaNdA

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:23 PM

Am I the only one scratching their head over the Falcon's stats?

Really everything about it seemed totally fine to me until two things were brought up, firstly it's maneuver dial. I know it has to be viable on a small board, but as it is, the Falcon turns more sharply than an X-Wing and actually has more utility up close and in the K-turns. While it doesn't have the TIE's straight-up speed, it more than matches it in maneuverability, even exceeding it in some ways with a 1-distance straight maneuver which is extremely useful.

I'm not saying this is broken or OP or anything else, I'm just saying it doesn't make any sense. The Falcon was barely able to outrun a Star Destroyer in the movies and suddenly it's as fast as a starfighter? For me, I was worried from the start about seeing the Falcon and Slave I because I thought they might have 'imaginative' stats, which it seems like they certainly do. Making at least one of those two ships behave in the game differently than it should just because a main character is behind the wheel really kind of ruins the tactical feel of the game.

Secondly, and being an Imperial player you knew it would come up… Assault Missiles. First off, I don't think Imperial Swarm is broken. I've seen it played, I've seen it win and I've seen it beaten, and let's not forget Rebels won the biggest tournament thus far. For a silver-bullet counter, Assault Missiles have much further reaching consequences to the competitive metagame than just discouraging Imperial Swarm which some players felt was causing negative-play-experiences. Pilots with ANY abilities that have range on them will be less popular choices than they are now. Look at Howlrunner. She will be completely unplayable. She's only worth her points now in a swarm because after the first couple turns her ability will become situational at best. So why take her in a metagame where a few A-Wings with missiles will mean those first few turns are infinitely more hazardous for you if you fly a formation in order to actually take full advantage of Howlrunner's ability? Same goes for Garven or Dutch. Are the missiles only situational? God no. Even if you're not facing a swarmy or aura-based list, your opponent will still need to choose between taking excess damage on the approach or deploying spread out and making it easier for you to destroy their squadron in detail, while limiting their fire-arc overlap. My prediction is that every force will start running at least one missile-capable unit in order to control their opponent's deployment after all, if you don't you'll be disadvantaged since maximizing the overlap in your firing arcs is always the best deployment.

I hate to scream about the sky falling, but those missiles really shake up the metagame in a negative way.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS