Kenner Blockade Runner - re-paint

• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

#41 bulldoguk

bulldoguk

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:42 AM

Havent had much time as I have been busy with other projects but managed to knock a base together for the Cruiser.

cruiserbase1_zpscbabca30.jpg

cruiserbase2_zps7b8f88bb.jpg

Timer permitting might throw together a scratch built Nebulon B, always liked the freaky look and it would use up some of the rubbish I have lying around in the bits box!

• Boomer_J and Digitalkiller like this

#42 ScaperCrawford

ScaperCrawford

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:43 PM

These are amazing! You sir have inspired me to go out and be creative with my game! Keep it up and keep sharing!

Rebels: 5 X-Wings, 3 A-Wings, 3 Y-Wings, 2 YT-1300, 2 B-Wings, HWK-290, 1 CR-90, 1 GR-75

Imperial: 9 TIE Fighters, 3 TIE Advance,  6 TIE Interceptors, 2 Firespray 31, 3 TIE Bombers, 1 Lambda Class Shuttle, 1 Tie Phantom, 1 Tie Defender

#43 MooseMCA

MooseMCA

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:05 PM

How does the Kenner blockade runner scale compare to the xwing models? It looks pretty good to me.

#44 DoubleNot7

DoubleNot7

• Members
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:27 AM

Your bases look way better than mine.  How about helping a guy out here?  :)

Enimo Et Fide

#45 elveciosan

elveciosan

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:48 AM

where i can buy a model Corellian Corvett like this?

#46 DoubleNot7

DoubleNot7

• Members
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:36 PM

From Hasbro/Kenner in 1996-1997.

Enimo Et Fide

#47 MooseMCA

MooseMCA

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:22 PM

Do people feel like it's pretty in scale with the xwing figs?

#48 DoubleNot7

DoubleNot7

• Members
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:21 PM

It is about 6" too short to be in 1/270 scale but it is close enough for tabletop play.  It is still a 16" vessel.

20130112_124543.jpg

20130112_124522.jpg

Edited by DoubleNot7, 20 July 2013 - 02:24 PM.

Enimo Et Fide

#49 RealGenius

RealGenius

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:59 PM

What are you using rules-wise for it?

#50 DoubleNot7

DoubleNot7

• Members
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:28 PM

We use The Redeemer fan-made scenario for it.  Plays well.

Enimo Et Fide

#51 Ken at Sunrise

Ken at Sunrise

• Members
  • 834 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:17 AM

I received my Kenner Blockade Runner and it was VERY off-white even gray.

Looks like shading so I thought that's the way it originally came.  But every picture I see is very white.

Did I get something left out to collect dust???

#52 DoubleNot7

DoubleNot7

• Members
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:55 PM

They are pretty white normally. The ones in the thread have been repainted. Maybe the previous owner of yours already painted it. Post some pics.

Enimo Et Fide

#53 JCDisaray

JCDisaray

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:25 PM

I think like the FFG models the Blockade Runners are not all identical as to the weathering or greying levels.  

#54 bulldoguk

bulldoguk

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:15 PM

What the heck, have decided to scratch up a Nebulon B, always liked the freaky look...just looks like it should be floating around in space

My first decision really was size. Based on the picture below built to scale the Neb B would be 1.5M long, while easily do-able I just felt it was a little impractical for casual play an storing the damn thing on my already heaving shelves!

12621239203_SPLASH_zps52379cca.jpg

Anyhow, I have taken the decision to build this to a more suitable scale of about 50cm long, this puts it alongside my 'big ship' scale of the rest of the vessels in this thread and keeps everything pretty uniform, I also feel it offers a suitably impressive scale while still being practical to use in the sort of games I play

Now, I don't often do build blogs and I cant promise this will be a long winded thing as when I get stuck into something I usually tear through them without pausing for breath or pictures! However I have a lot of different projects on the go at the moment so maybe just maybe I may include a few more WIP pics than normal ;)

First up, imagine a bald dude wandering around the toiletry department with a printout of a neb b in one hand and a puzzled look on his face toying with most of the shampoo bottles on the shelves, the things we suffer for our hobby!

End of the day, found what I was looking for and I reckon I will probably have the only Nebulon B that smells of ylang ylang and Iris this side of Hoth

Doesn't look like much right now but prepare for the magic to happen :)

20130727_154405_zpsee887c7a.jpg

• Boomer_J and Digitalkiller like this

#55 Boomer_J

Boomer_J

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:02 PM

Nice job on all the builds and I love the basses you made for them. I’m still stumped on what to do for a base for my build.   

#56 bulldoguk

bulldoguk

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:09 PM

Hi Boomer, I picked up a couple of huge Xmas baubles from the pound shop a while back with the intention of making them into planets for X-wing. If your not wanting a functional game base one of these sliced in half and painted up like a planet might make for a nice base for your corvette. One half even has a hole for the acrylic rod to slot into ;)

Of course you would have to drill a whacking great hole in the bottom of your pride and joy, or alternatively build a little support rig that screws onto the rod and the ship just sits on top, important factor is finding the centre of balance

#57 bulldoguk

bulldoguk

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:15 PM

Been doing a little work on it, haven't scratched anything up for ages and really enjoying it, bear in mind I aint going for exact replica here, usually once I get started on these things I like to let my imagination take over a little, admittedly mainly because I am a lazy so and so biggrin.png

What I am aiming for is a cool looking larger ship that offers up some more eye candy and is playable in an already brilliant and fun game that you someone can point at and say '''ooooh, that's a Neb B'

Anyhow, bum end pretty much finished, I am building the Neb B so it can be broken down into engine, spar and front section to aid transport and storing

99% card seeing as its cheaper than plastic and I have tons of the stuff!

Just for the record, old space marine helmets make nice turbo laser turrets, I knew 40k would eventually prove useful!

Good old pritt sticks, throw away the glue and use the tubes for thrusters! :)

nebwip1_zps61606dc5.jpgnebwip2_zpsa37cb2a0.jpgnebwip4_zps09e85d0d.jpgnebwip1_zps61606dc5.jpg

• Boomer_J likes this

#58 MooseMCA

MooseMCA

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:22 PM

Totally awesome, keep those updates coming!

#59 RealGenius

RealGenius

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:57 PM

How long are you making it/what scale?  1/270 for the Nebulon B is what... 30-something in/80-something cm?

Now that I have my own Kenner BR, I kinda like the 1/370 scale for big ships.

#60 Digitalkiller

Digitalkiller

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:17 PM

Just for the record, old space marine helmets make nice turbo laser turrets, I knew 40k would eventually prove useful!

hahaha... great... it seems that you have an Big Mek orkish spirit... :P

Great job... looking forward for your advances....

----------------

In a country... far... far... away

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS