Jump to content



Photo

Playmat?


  • Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#21 Narsil0420

Narsil0420

    Member

  • Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:14 AM

There was a great Art Order competition a while ago for Eowyn and the Nazgul art, but I couldn't find the page where all the art was collected…

I also wanted to make sure everyone had seen this even though it's art for the card game, because it's a nice big size and it's an amazing piece by Magali Villeneuve:

http://www.middleear...rounds/me_7.jpg



#22 Brownmantle

Brownmantle

    Member

  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:06 AM

Narsil0420 said:

There was a great Art Order competition a while ago for Eowyn and the Nazgul art, but I couldn't find the page where all the art was collected…

I also wanted to make sure everyone had seen this even though it's art for the card game, because it's a nice big size and it's an amazing piece by Magali Villeneuve:

http://www.middleear...rounds/me_7.jpg

 

Lovely. I want one. Where can I find more of these large print versions of the card art? I wanted to use them but couldn't find them.


But if it be a sin to covet honour,
I am the most offending soul alive.
 

 


#23 benhanses

benhanses

    Member

  • Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:14 AM

Brownmantle said:

 

www.matthew-stewart.com/portfolio/single-gallery/14447873 (in case my daughter ever wants to play)

 

What do you all think?!

 

 

I think linking a painting of a bloodied Gimli with a comment about your future daughter is both fairly creepy AND awesome at the same time…. lol


"... but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend...."       -Faramir, The Lord of the Rings, Book IV, The Window of the West)

 

"Since it is so likely that children will meet cruel enemies, let them at least have heard of brave knights and heroic courage."     - C.S. Lewis


#24 benhanses

benhanses

    Member

  • Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:39 AM

Brownmantle said:

crap…sry about that. I Don't know how to get it to work. I love that Gandalf, though. And the Strider is pretty wicked as well.

 

I assume this is the one you were referring to?:    www.matthew-stewart.com/portfolio/single-gallery/7320417
Agreed, with the exception of puffy, white sleeves (seems a bit impractical in his "line of work")…  it's how I've always imagined him skulking in the corner of the inn….

Not a LOTR painting, but I was struck by the simplicity of the painintg and what it portrayed:  www.matthew-stewart.com/portfolio/single-gallery/11885332

And this may actually be my favorite: www.matthew-stewart.com/portfolio/single-gallery/5184682
Eowyn being one of my favorite characters (I believe I may have said that about every character in Middle Earth at least once on these boards somewhere… lol), I LOVE how defiant she looks.  And the way the Witch King frames the outside of the painting and focuses the view inward on her is BRILLIANT!  This is one I would definitely want… as a playmat, on my wall, as a screen saver, tattooed on my eyelids, as a bed spread…  ok, a bed-spread might be taking it a bit far. 

 

But seriously.  Eyelids.
 


"... but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend...."       -Faramir, The Lord of the Rings, Book IV, The Window of the West)

 

"Since it is so likely that children will meet cruel enemies, let them at least have heard of brave knights and heroic courage."     - C.S. Lewis


#25 Brownmantle

Brownmantle

    Member

  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:12 PM

benhanses said:

Brownmantle said:

 

 

www.matthew-stewart.com/portfolio/single-gallery/14447873 (in case my daughter ever wants to play)

 

What do you all think?!

 

 

 

 

I think linking a painting of a bloodied Gimli with a comment about your future daughter is both fairly creepy AND awesome at the same time…. lol

Well, the one for my daughter was acutally supposed to be the one with the Witch-King and a certain fair maden who happens to make a nice…bed spread? (And the dwarf was creepy?) Kidding aside, I meant to link Boramire and the two Hobbits, Gandalf, Gimli, and the Bed Spread pic, as well as the one that worked by John Howe. I've since been forced to re-evaluate for Copywrite infringement as I don't think that INKED will make the playmats with unpurchased, copy-written art.     So, I guess this thread has only proven how difficult it is to get ones hands on a decent LOTR playmat. Now that I know EXATLY what I want, when FFG does come out with a mat for the Tolkienesta's it will be anti-climatic (well, for me anyway).  At least my online pals know about Matthew Stewart now…so thats something.

 


But if it be a sin to covet honour,
I am the most offending soul alive.
 

 


#26 Brownmantle

Brownmantle

    Member

  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:15 PM

benhanses said:

Brownmantle said:

 

crap…sry about that. I Don't know how to get it to work. I love that Gandalf, though. And the Strider is pretty wicked as well.

 

 

 

I assume this is the one you were referring to?:    www.matthew-stewart.com/portfolio/single-gallery/7320417
Agreed, with the exception of puffy, white sleeves (seems a bit impractical in his "line of work")…  it's how I've always imagined him skulking in the corner of the inn….

Not a LOTR painting, but I was struck by the simplicity of the painintg and what it portrayed:  www.matthew-stewart.com/portfolio/single-gallery/11885332

And this may actually be my favorite: www.matthew-stewart.com/portfolio/single-gallery/5184682
Eowyn being one of my favorite characters (I believe I may have said that about every character in Middle Earth at least once on these boards somewhere… lol), I LOVE how defiant she looks.  And the way the Witch King frames the outside of the painting and focuses the view inward on her is BRILLIANT!  This is one I would definitely want… as a playmat, on my wall, as a screen saver, tattooed on my eyelids, as a bed spread…  ok, a bed-spread might be taking it a bit far. 

 

But seriously.  Eyelids.
 

 

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

I think there MUST be a way to buy the Gandalf print…

 


But if it be a sin to covet honour,
I am the most offending soul alive.
 

 


#27 mr.thomasschmidt

mr.thomasschmidt

    Member

  • Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:36 AM

I stumbled upon this thread and went into just have a look at his works. The result was that I purchased the Strider pic. I also sent a mail to ask about the Gandalf pic but I believe it has been sold already. Haven't gotten any answer yet though. I'll post if/when I get an answer ^^



#28 Brownmantle

Brownmantle

    Member

  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:15 AM

mr.thomasschmidt said:

I stumbled upon this thread and went into just have a look at his works. The result was that I purchased the Strider pic. I also sent a mail to ask about the Gandalf pic but I believe it has been sold already. Haven't gotten any answer yet though. I'll post if/when I get an answer ^^

 

This is amazing. When you say you purchased the pic, Is it the ACTUAL painting, a physical print of the image, or a digital print of the image?! I want one!!!!! PLEASE let me know what happens! I want one to hang over my mantle and the Gandalf, strider, or Boromir Paintings would quite literally be a dream come true. I will be in touch about the playmats. T


But if it be a sin to covet honour,
I am the most offending soul alive.
 

 


#29 gatharion

gatharion

    Member

  • Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:17 AM

A playmat with that picture of Eowyn and the Witch King would be an insta-buy for me.



#30 benhanses

benhanses

    Member

  • Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:59 PM

gatharion said:

A playmat with that picture of Eowyn and the Witch King would be an insta-buy for me.

Brownmantle has now posted a few pics of the playmats he has now gotten (including that Eowyn pic), and they look AMAZING!! Hoping he can post them here….

"... but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend...."       -Faramir, The Lord of the Rings, Book IV, The Window of the West)

 

"Since it is so likely that children will meet cruel enemies, let them at least have heard of brave knights and heroic courage."     - C.S. Lewis


#31 Brownmantle

Brownmantle

    Member

  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:57 AM

benhanses said:

gatharion said:

A playmat with that picture of Eowyn and the Witch King would be an insta-buy for me.

Brownmantle has now posted a few pics of the playmats he has now gotten (including that Eowyn pic), and they look AMAZING!! Hoping he can post them here….

 

Hey Ben, I don't know how or where to post pictures where they can be viewed by all these lovely folks. If you know how, feel free!

 

I should have done this one…

http://tednasmith.my...ourneying-east/


But if it be a sin to covet honour,
I am the most offending soul alive.
 

 


#32 richsabre

richsabre

    Tea Drinker of the West

  • Members
  • 4,813 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:05 AM

Brownmantle said:

I should have done this one…

http://tednasmith.my...ourneying-east/

ihave UC with this on the cover- amazing piece

rich


My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

 


#33 Brownmantle

Brownmantle

    Member

  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:41 AM

What a UC & can I have one?


But if it be a sin to covet honour,
I am the most offending soul alive.
 

 


#34 richsabre

richsabre

    Tea Drinker of the West

  • Members
  • 4,813 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:03 AM

Brownmantle said:

What a UC & can I have one?

ah sorry- i meant unfinished tales

rich


My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

 


#35 John85

John85

    Member

  • Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:37 AM

richsabre said:

Brownmantle said:

 

What a UC & can I have one?

 

 

ah sorry- i meant unfinished tales

rich

I thought that's what you meant, I wish mine had a cool cover like that. I have this one:



#36 richsabre

richsabre

    Tea Drinker of the West

  • Members
  • 4,813 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:04 PM

John85 said:

richsabre said:

 

Brownmantle said:

 

What a UC & can I have one?

 

 

ah sorry- i meant unfinished tales

rich

 

 

I thought that's what you meant, I wish mine had a cool cover like that. I have this one:

thats quite cool- i cant see from here, whos the image of?


My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

 


#37 John85

John85

    Member

  • Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:26 AM

I don't know (haven't read), the guy (hooded) in the center's on a throne with a wolf, a striking serpent is over his shoulder (in the background), and on the other side is a man with a helmet. I'm trying to figure out who they are; since I haven't read it yet it's difficult. On another forum it was suggested that Morgoth was in the center with Carcharoth. The other guy is Turin maybe? The snake is maybe Sauron?



#38 richsabre

richsabre

    Tea Drinker of the West

  • Members
  • 4,813 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:26 PM

John85 said:

I don't know (haven't read), the guy (hooded) in the center's on a throne with a wolf, a striking serpent is over his shoulder (in the background), and on the other side is a man with a helmet. I'm trying to figure out who they are; since I haven't read it yet it's difficult. On another forum it was suggested that Morgoth was in the center with Carcharoth. The other guy is Turin maybe? The snake is maybe Sauron?

ohh….i have to admit ive no idea- my 1st age lore is rubbish :(

rich


My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

 


#39 John85

John85

    Member

  • Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:12 AM

richsabre said:

John85 said:

I don't know (haven't read), the guy (hooded) in the center's on a throne with a wolf, a striking serpent is over his shoulder (in the background), and on the other side is a man with a helmet. I'm trying to figure out who they are; since I haven't read it yet it's difficult. On another forum it was suggested that Morgoth was in the center with Carcharoth. The other guy is Turin maybe? The snake is maybe Sauron?

 

ohh….i have to admit ive no idea- my 1st age lore is rubbish :(

rich

I bet it's better than mine (non-existent).



#40 Brownmantle

Brownmantle

    Member

  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:06 AM

http://www.goodfon.c...per/186584.html

 

Thoughts?!


But if it be a sin to covet honour,
I am the most offending soul alive.
 

 





© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS