• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#81 Aahzmandius_Karrde

Aahzmandius_Karrde

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:42 AM

Budgernaut said:

Actually, Superlaser Blast is an action, so you can play it on your opponent's turn at the end of their refresh phase. It will be too late for them to flip over a new objective, so they will be down one resource and be less able to mount a strong offensive against your objective. It would be a shocking way to start off a game.

Plus, if you had a bunch of ESPO troopers floating in your deck, you could lay a couple of them down for free, so you have some defense, and still fire your superlaser on turn one. If you drew into enough free allies, you could even commit one to the Force to put the pressure on your opponent to do the same.

except

Superlaser Balst - Play only during your turn. Action: Destroy a target objective.

Good point on the Espos, but since the OSet is limit 1 it could make it difficult to gather enough in your opening hand.

Welcome to the FFG Star Wars RPG Index 

#82 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:20 AM

Aahzmandius_Karrde said:

Budgernaut said:

Actually, Superlaser Blast is an action, so you can play it on your opponent's turn at the end of their refresh phase. It will be too late for them to flip over a new objective, so they will be down one resource and be less able to mount a strong offensive against your objective. It would be a shocking way to start off a game.

Plus, if you had a bunch of ESPO troopers floating in your deck, you could lay a couple of them down for free, so you have some defense, and still fire your superlaser on turn one. If you drew into enough free allies, you could even commit one to the Force to put the pressure on your opponent to do the same.

except

Superlaser Balst - Play only during your turn. Action: Destroy a target objective.

Good point on the Espos, but since the OSet is limit 1 it could make it difficult to gather enough in your opening hand.

Wow. Good catch on the "Play only during your turn." That's two strikes on me for misreading cards in one day. I need to be more careful when I read these things.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#83 spalanzani

spalanzani

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:50 AM

I think this is going to be the first game I will buy where I will get it be able to play straightaway without reference to a physical rules booklet! Grand!

www.spalanz.com - everything you never wanted to know about me, in one place.

#84 qwertyuiop

qwertyuiop

• Members
  • 815 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:15 AM

Budgernaut said:

You already know the limitation of this card, but you can still play it turn one. Nuke that one per deck opening objective and set the tone for the rest of the game. Yeah, they get a new objective on their turn, but it's a random objective. The only rule to this is you must say "Now witness the power of this fully armed and operational battle station"!

#85 spalanzani

spalanzani

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:18 PM

qwertyuiop said:

The only rule to this is you must say "Now witness the power of this fully armed and operational battle station"!

I love this!!!!!

www.spalanz.com - everything you never wanted to know about me, in one place.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS