Photo

Question about basic stories (possible Spoiler)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TEnOTT

TEnOTT

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:11 AM

I just bought original MoM. Because my English sucks(…) I'm having a hard time to understand the Keeper cards.

--- about Story 1, "Fall of House Lynch"

Question 1. Clue 1C orders the investigators to solve a puzzle to escape. Does each investigator need to solve the puzzle? Or, if an investigator solves the puzzle, are the other investigators free from solving the puzzle?

--- about Story 2, "Inner Sanctum"

Objective 1B orders the keeper to keep Chthonian alive for next 4 rounds.

Question 1. Event card IV, "the Witching Hour" allow the keeper to move each cultist 1 space. If 4 cultist gather in Chapel with that movement, can the Keeper reveal Objective and spawn Chthonian?

Question 2. If the Keeper 3 cultist in Chapel, can the Keeper use his Command Minion to move a cultist into Chapel, spawn Chthonian, and move that cultist out of Chapel?

Question 3. How the "4 round" is counted? 4 Investigator turns? 4 Keeper turns? 4 time counters on event card?

Question 4. If the Keeper could not spawn Chthonian at Event IV appears, and there is no chance for a whole investigator elimination, does the Keeper only have a chance for draw game?

--- about Story 3, "Blood Ties"

Event card III, "A MEMORY" in the story 3 "Blood Ties" says,

The blood relative may have his investigator repeat this to resolve the below effect. He may not know the result before choosing.
5A : Place a fire token in the Graveyard
5B : Place a zombie token in the Graveyard.

Question 1. What exactly should the blood relative investigator choose?

Question 2. What should be repeated, in the text "this"?

Question 2-1. If "placing the fire token" is repeated, I think it contrasts to the FAQ, saying "each room can have only one token for each status type". Is it true? 

#2 Embery

Embery

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:52 AM

Greetings, my friend. Sit down, and i will share my mind with you!

1st story! Question 1.

If one investigator can solve the puzzle, they have won!

But if investigator cant solve it in his turn, then he leaves all puzzle peaces as they are and then the next investigator can try to solve it!

2nd story! 

Question 1.

I dont have my game copy with me, but i think that, yes he can! (correct me if i am wrong)

Question 2.

Hmm, i think not, because you end your "move" to summon Chthonian (correct if i am wrong)

Question 3.

Round counts as Investigators make all their move/actions and keeper makes his move/actions and places the token on event cards. That is one round!

Investigators make all their move/actions and keeper makes his move/actions and places token on event card. That's the end of 2nd round!

Question 4. i think u then try to get all 4 Cultists to do so! :D

3rd story!

question 1 and 2.

There is Text on card in "itali-ish" that if investigator (who is chosen to be the Blood relative) Says the text on the card (or Keeper reads the text to him and he repeats it) then you can do one of thouse 5a or 5b (as keeper of course). Check the card out to see if i am right. :D

Question 2-1.

Well you can put 1 fire token and 1 darkness token in the same room. (counts as thick smoke or whatever suits you) and if there is already Fire or Darkness token in that room, then i think you do nothing. :D

I hope it will be usefull to you, my friend.

Ask, and you shall get your answer!

#3 TEnOTT

TEnOTT

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:09 AM

Thank you for your help.

Embery said:

question 1 and 2.

There is Text on card in "itali-ish" that if investigator (who is chosen to be the Blood relative) Says the text on the card (or Keeper reads the text to him and he repeats it) then you can do one of thouse 5a or 5b (as keeper of course). Check the card out to see if i am right. :D

There is a flavour text in the card,  "I was what you are, and what I am you shall be". It seems if the Blood Relative agrees to say that phrase, then the effect occurs with story choice 5A and 5B. The whole effect seems to be done in single time, thus the Keeper don't have to think the effect of duplicated fire token.

I misunderstood the word "repeat". English is still a difficult language for me…

#4 Embery

Embery

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:16 AM

So let's continue from were we left, my friend!

Aye, that is that Text wich i was talking about. If Blood relative agrees to say it( or repeat it), then you use one of the effects 5a or 5b. If blood relative dont repeat it(or dont want to repeat it), nothing happens!

For example:

I take the Event card and read the text by saying, that Blood relative Hears it in his head. Mostly for the mood of the game!

P.s

No worries, i am not so good at that laguage aswell!

If there is more, my friend, feel free to ask.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS