• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#41 Bomb

Bomb

Cool Person Club

• Members
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:20 PM

Who from FFG replied with that answer? I still have my email from Damon Stone if you would like me to forward it to you.

#42 Bomb

Bomb

Cool Person Club

• Members
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:27 AM

Damon Stone just emailed me this today without me asking for the correct interpretation:

"Sorry I should have been more clear when I sent this to you, this is specifically from hand.

You play cards from your hand that covers all "using, triggering, activating" etc. common words that might be associated with the act. Cards are played or put into play. This term only ever refers to a card that originates from your hand."

So, snowfrost has received the correct interpretation from FFG.  I literally quoted both my original question and the reply I received from Damon earlier on in this thread so I guess it wasn't entirely clear to any of us here.  It's a good thing snowfrost asked again.

That being said, my new opinion of Little and Less is that it is now only about 30% as effective as my original opinion of it.  This will only limit response events and cards like Catelyn Stark(LoW), Blood Riders, Khal Drogo(core).   Sure, this is anti-Stark murder and anti-Martell revenge, and I think it's still excellent protection in a Melee game, but this is no longer a card to strongly consider for deck building in Joust.  Maester decks will still be able to capitalize on chain attachments.

#43 johnn0411

johnn0411

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:11 AM

wow I'm so disappointed with this. 

#44 Bomb

Bomb

Cool Person Club

• Members
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:17 AM

Bomb said:

That being said, my new opinion of Little and Less is that it is now only about 30% as effective as my original opinion of it.  This will only limit response events and cards like Catelyn Stark(LoW), Blood Riders, Khal Drogo(core).   Sure, this is anti-Stark murder and anti-Martell revenge, and I think it's still excellent protection in a Melee game, but this is no longer a card to strongly consider for deck building in Joust.  Maester decks will still be able to capitalize on chain attachments.

Sorry about this.  She's not a response so I made a mistake.  You get my point though…..

#45 Crevic

Crevic

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:04 AM

So Little and Less would prevent Ser Aerys Oakheart's response, correct?  But anything already in play is fair game?  Like Samwell Tarly?  How about Castellan, I assume it couldn't trigger off itself, but any other Lanny character or location played after the Castellan is in play can trigger him?

#46 Khudzlin

Khudzlin

• Members
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:19 AM

@Bomb: Catelyn Stark (LoW) doesn't have a response, but a "Challenges" action.

@Crevic: it wouldn't prevent any of these, as these cards are already in play when the response is triggered.

#47 Bomb

Bomb

Cool Person Club

• Members
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:26 AM

Khudzlin said:

@Bomb: Catelyn Stark (LoW) doesn't have a response, but a "Challenges" action.

Right, that is what I was correcting in the post following it.

The "card originating from hand" thing is sort of bugging me.  There are no "play response" from non-Event cards, are there?  I may be furthermore incorrect in that last post because those cards are "put into play" by triggering their response.  Maybe that is what Little and Less intended to fend off.

#48 Francisco G.

Francisco G.

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:42 AM

Besides, there are "put into play" effects from the discard and dead piles, so the statement about being only from hand is invalid.

#49 Grimwalker

Grimwalker

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:31 AM

Oh for gods sake…the words "play" "initiate" "trigger" responses are used interchangeably all through the rules and FAQ.

5) Responses

After any passive abilities triggered as a result of the action or save/cancel response are resolved, players may now play normal responses in clockwise order (starting with the player to the left of the player who initiated the action). As described above, a player may trigger normal responses for any opportunity that has occurred at any time during this Action Window - either spurred from the action itself, or spurred from other responses, or passive abilities, resolved previously during the Action Window. 

#50 Paddosan

Paddosan

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:41 AM

#51 Khudzlin

Khudzlin

• Members
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:29 AM

Snowfrost, could you give us the full text of the question you sent to FFG and the answer you received, please?

#52 Reldan

Reldan

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:20 PM

Wow… talk about chopping the utility of the card off at the balls.  I was actually hoping we'd see it shake up the meta a bit, but I'd be hard pressed to justify this into any event slot when if all you are trying to do is cancel events there are cards that already do that and have the added benefit of not signalling to your opponent what's going on beforehand and wasting your opponent's card as well.

#53 samuellinde

samuellinde

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:46 PM

Reldan said:

I'd be hard pressed to justify this into any event slot when if all you are trying to do is cancel events there are cards that already do that and have the added benefit of not signalling to your opponent what's going on beforehand and wasting your opponent's card as well.

Exactly – why would you use this in a joust game at all instead of a Paper Shield, for example? In a melee where the probability of multiple responses being played, it might be more useful. But still, this card just lost all it's excitement.

#54 Slothgodfather

Slothgodfather

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:03 AM

Ok, so I get that now this event means you can't play any events or other types of responses from hand (like jumping Drogo), but what about Bloodrider?  They are a put-into-play effect that we know is different than "play."   Can I still trigger them if this event has already been played?

#55 Mooch68

Mooch68

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:54 AM

Hi all,

A little confused on the exact use of this card. Does this stop anything coming out of your hand that is basically triggered, e.g. Responses, Any Phase, Challenges, etc, or does it only stop cards that use the term Response?

Also, I am not always clear on timing but can you play this card in the Plot phase before the Plots have been chosen, and then chose Valar, and stop Narrow Escape from being played?

Cheers,

Mooch

#56 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,495 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:25 AM

Slothgodfather said:

Ok, so I get that now this event means you can't play any events or other types of responses from hand (like jumping Drogo), but what about Bloodrider?  They are a put-into-play effect that we know is different than "play."   Can I still trigger them if this event has already been played?
Bloodrider is no different, really, from Khal Drogo. In order to put the card into play (Bloodrider for cost, Drogo for effect), you have to play the Response effect from your hand. Little and Less prevents you from doing this.

#57 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,495 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:29 AM

Mooch68 said:

A little confused on the exact use of this card. Does this stop anything coming out of your hand that is basically triggered, e.g. Responses, Any Phase, Challenges, etc, or does it only stop cards that use the term Response?
Only Response effects cannot be triggered. That means anything that says "Response" in bold letters before the rest of the card's ability.

Mooch68 said:

Also, I am not always clear on timing but can you play this card in the Plot phase before the Plots have been chosen, and then chose Valar, and stop Narrow Escape from being played?
Note that since Narrow Escape is not a Response effect, this card has no interaction with Narrow Escape at all.

The card's effect is itself a Response. So you need a (standard) Response opportunity in order to play it. You can't just toss it on the table before plots and say "here you go."

However, since the text says it can Respond to anything, you can always play it in response to the phase starting.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS