The Personal Touch(2)
The Toolbox(1)
Akamatsu Mem Chip(2)
Cyberfeeder(3)(3 Inf)

Resources(5)
Aesop's Pawnshop(1)
ICE Carver(1)(3 Inf)
Armitage Codebusting(3)

The Shapers have a good set of cards for the most part so I didn't really swap out much. I added Mimic because it can break any Sentry save Archer with a TPT installed or ICE Carver out. I added in the cyberfeeders because they make it easier to use your breakers and make great Aesop's fodder. The Special Orders are there to make getting the right breakers easier. They could be swapped out for Bank Jobs for more credit generation or Inside Jobs for late game runs on thick servers. The rest is fairly standard Shaper play.

#2 Talamare

Talamare

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:50 AM

You dont need Armitage since you have Magnum Opus

Use Sure Gamble instead

#3 TheRedArmy

TheRedArmy

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:22 PM

Malgamus said:

Kate "Mac" McCafrey(45)(12 Inf)

Events(19)
Diesel(3)
Modded(2)
Tinkering(3)
The Maker's Eye(3)
Special Order(2)(4 inf)
Sure Gamble(3)
Infiltration(3)

Programs(13)
Magnum Opus(2)
Net Shield(2)
Gordian Blade(2)
Mimic(2)(2 Inf)
Battering Ram(2)
Crypsis(3)

Hardware(8)
The Personal Touch(2)
The Toolbox(1)
Akamatsu Mem Chip(2)
Cyberfeeder(3)(3 Inf)

Resources(5)
Aesop's Pawnshop(1)
ICE Carver(1)(3 Inf)
Armitage Codebusting(3)

The Shapers have a good set of cards for the most part so I didn't really swap out much. I added Mimic because it can break any Sentry save Archer with a TPT installed or ICE Carver out. I added in the cyberfeeders because they make it easier to use your breakers and make great Aesop's fodder. The Special Orders are there to make getting the right breakers easier. They could be swapped out for Bank Jobs for more credit generation or Inside Jobs for late game runs on thick servers. The rest is fairly standard Shaper play.

I love your event choices - those are all really useful and powerful cards. I also have 3 "Easy Mark" from the Criminal deck (Cost 0, gain 3 creds), for 3 influence. With the Shaper cards costing a bit more than the other cards to install (in my experience) and money always being a problem in the game I've played (admittedly few and I'm still inexperienced), I wanted more income.

Programs - I like Gordian Blade and Battering Ram, can definitely live with a Crypsis as a backup (I think three is overkill) but I have mixed feelings on Mimic. On the one hand, I like the cheapness, on the other I don't like relying on one of the other 3 cards (2 Personal Touches and ICE carver) to get past strength 4 sentry ICE (Ichi 1.0 is particularly nasty). I think you have way too many programs. If you intend to power through the corp's ICE, there's no need to have so many backups. If you intend to use Aesop's Pawnshop, I agree with getting rid of Magnum Opus. You can't really rely on getting 'The Toolbox' early either, so it becomes a lot of memory space getting used quick, and a lot of dead draws if you have your programs out but keep drawing them.

Hardware - I strongly recommend putting in the two Rabbit Holes. With +2 to your Link score, you can tell NBN and Weyland to go somewhere else with their Tag and screw the runner over combos, and you get through your deck quickly. Everything else is gold.

Resources - Like all of those, but I would take out several of your programs and put in the two sacrificial constructs. You can protect your valuable programs with less effort and significatly slim down the deck to put more stuff in.

Like I said, I'm still new and inexperienced (and Magic: The Gathering as well as Yu-Gi-Oh have proved to me I am not the best deck builder in the world), but it just seems to me that you end up being a little clunky with this build. There's a ton to like in here, but I think there's a few improvements to be made.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS