Comedy Deaths

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 EvilEdwin

EvilEdwin

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:31 AM

In our game yesterday I had perhaps the funniest death we've experienced so far.

I drew the Sepulchre Spirit (When revealed move all Spirits from all Regions to this space. One of these was the Swamp Spirit (If you lose in addition to losing a life you must encounter this space again next turn). See what's coming?

Overall 16 Craft worth of Spirits was moved to my space! With only a Craft of 3 I was never leaving that space!

#2 The Wizard

The Wizard

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:23 AM

Nice!

#3 Draii

Draii

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:37 AM

Oh, that was nasty =)

My top three are actually from the same game.

1) My Chivalic Knight gets the Death stalker, is toadified and then defeated by the Dread Knight (this killed by Death stalker). That poor toad didn't have a chance.

2) My next character, the Dark Cutist met the Hatemonger who turn one of your followers against you. My only follower was my trusty Riding horse, and it killed me. Epic fail =)

3) Finally sweet revenge when the overconfident Dread knight moves the Reaper to it's  own space, to get a gift from it. Two rolls of "1" later (normal and fate) the Reaper has the last grin.

#4 Triple A

Triple A

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:36 AM

My son's character was once killed by the Hatchling in the Highlands.

#5 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 729 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:22 AM

Sadly, our games (2 player, with the wife) don't have such memorable comedic moments. She tends to be toooooo competitive (but says she's not) and gets bitter when I win, or even do better.  Since she would never read or post on this forum, I can say it, loud and proud.  Maybe I should find new players?

#6 Wumpscutty

Wumpscutty

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:53 AM

This was probably the most slow and painfull death..

I had the troll (Craft 1) and in my first or second turn i had to draw 2 cards from the Ruins, and what i got was The cryomancer (craft 3 - lose your next turn if you lose) and the Swamp Siren (Craft 3 - encounter this space again if you lose) and with 6 lives if took 12 turns to die.

#7 Shifting Spirit

Shifting Spirit

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:07 PM

@ Draii: Death Stalker? - Was that the Follower you have to take and he kills you if you lose a fight? - If yes, that means you played it wrong (if not house ruled) - because you had to ditch him when you became a toad so he couldn't have killed you.

#8 Draii

Draii

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:22 AM

@ Shifting Spirit: Yes, that's the one. You are correct. We missed that detail when playing. Guess I would have survived after all then =)
Well, my favorite is still being beaten by my own horse =)

#9 zealot12

zealot12

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:52 AM

Today my Dread Knight battled fearsome dragons, acquiring Scales left and right.

Several turns later, having been reduced to his starting Strength via my opponent's Rod of Ruin, losing a life to the Witch, and another as a result of visiting  the Graveyard(Turning good via the Monk's Temporary Change spell has never felt so bad), he decided to explore the Ruins for goodies.

Alas, he met the sneaky Horse Thief who stole his  Warhorse, and then a stray Elk-strength 1 took his last life.

#10 Draii

Draii

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:01 AM

@zealot: LOL! Guess the elk was aggravated about the Dread knights horns =)

#11 BanthaFodder

BanthaFodder

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:06 PM

I posted about a year ago regarding a game when this happened:

I drew Leprechaun. Not a good start.

My first move drew a spirit of Craft 2 that beat me and made me miss a turn.

Before my next go, Bro2 drew Dark Denziens (?) that meant we had to draw dungeon cards. I moved to Ruins and drew something with Craft 8 and another with Craft 6.

I think my next go I got to the woods and picked up 3 gold but then the card I drew was a Monster that took another life off me.

I can't remember now how I lost the last life, there was too much laughing going on but yes on my next turn I lost my final life.

5 turns (one of which was missed)

The replacement character got caught between the City and the Transmographier and ended up rolling 3 1's in a row to spend 9 consecutive turns as a toad.

That was one of the funniest games i have played. I almost won as well…..

#12 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

Talisman Veteran

• Members
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:20 PM

Death by Reaper before a player even has a turn is quite funny too, eh Graham lol

Ell.

#13 Johonasen

Johonasen

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

I had a Ogre Chieftan lose his last life to a Storm Caller because of a helmet, and recently My Chilvric Knight got killed by someone else's rolling boulder in the Highlands.  A well-timed temporary change card has killed me several times.  And that peasant Mob in Blood Moon can be insane.

#14 frogemoth

frogemoth

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:38 AM

In our last game a player was killed by the werewolf before he even had a chance to play, I rolled a 1 and drew the event where everyone lose their fate, time shifted to night, I then moved the werewolf on his space, he rolled a 2, another 2, a 2 again and then a 4 which killed him.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS