20 replies to this topic

#21 kaufschtick

kaufschtick

• Members
  • 410 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:30 AM

Kingtiger said:

CrazyJones said:

I am waiting for the japanese expansion.� And too for an expansion that include Poland and France invasion.

�

We might see these at some point in time, I hope. My bet would be on seeing a Stalingrad expansion next: Days of the fox gave us half of a Bristish army (as compared with the sizes of the german and US armies in the base game) and Normandy provided us with the other half. Similarly, FoTB gave us half a Russian army leading me to think that a Stalingrad expansion would provide us with the other half so larger scenarios can be played.

At this point, I would be shocked to see anything else released for Tide of Iron. I'm not saying it couldn't happen, just saying I would be completely shocked to see anything new released for that game. I was looking at Lock N' Load years back, when I ran into Conflict of Heroes, which is similar and a very good game design as well. For me at this point in time, the element of time itself is very important to me. I've fallen back on the tried and true Memoir 44 game. M44 has expanded and added so much over the years, that game play has become a lot closer to ToI. One main positive for M44 is the different styles of game play it now offers. You can play a basic game in a little over an hour, or if you want something more, something bigger, you can play the Breakthrough or Overlord format. They already have a second campaign book out, and I think I have something in the neighborhood of 340+ scenarios to choose from, spanning every theater of WWII.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS