Commander Cards?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 yagyu

yagyu

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:07 PM

Ok heres what i came up with. Play test em and tell me what should be adjusted. The cost might be a bit high or too low for one thing.

SPECIAL RULES

These cards play to table where your other pilot cards play but are NOT legal targets. Think of them as commander effects. The action on these cards is usable by your ships AS ONE OF ITS LEGAL ACTIONS. So for example Vader would be able to use Thrawns action on top of his 2  actions, unless he used a barrel roll this turn. SO for Thrawn its basically a free barrel roll action to the imps, for Ackbar the ship using that action takes 2 face down hits but basically gets a free critical hit on its target. So its like sacrificing your shields for a crit, which could be a fair trade off.

Anyway enjoy!

"It was so artistically done."-Grand Admiral Thrawn

#22 CaptainRook

CaptainRook

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:37 PM

I can justify most of the Pilot Abilities in the game, because of the personas of the pilots themselves.  I can't find an explanation, at all, why having some Admiral that is removed by three chains of command would make me better at a barrel roll.  

RookActual @ http://www.afewmaneuvers.com
-Rogue 9: rookactual@afewmaneuvers.com.

#23 yagyu

yagyu

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:45 PM

Its just providing a free barrel roll action, call it better maneuver training if u want :P

#24 yagyu

yagyu

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:52 PM

Anyway yeah just tryin to come up with actions that can be used by the pilots to make the mechanic of the commanders work, so far i am liking it and cant wait to play test it. I choose thrawns because i think the free barrel roll action will make the imps much harder to deal with. After all he is Thrawn, not everything has to be super technical. Its for fun so enjoy it :) If u dont like them hey they r customs u dont gotta play em lol. Like i said this is just what i came up with. Plus I think these would be meant to be played with 100 pt games. Not small games.

Just made another 2 commanders. Admiral Drayson and Admiral Piett, I think they can play well against each other. Remember these ones arent stating that they r free actions, So these ones would be your ships action similar to using a marksmanship upgrade.

#25 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:27 AM

Those are some neat ideas, Yagyu. I think they may be a bit more powerful than I was imagining. How about these ideas for Ackbar and Thrawn:

Admiral Ackbar: once per round, if an enemy ship is in the firing arc of an enemy attacking one of your ships, roll one attack die against the first ship.

Grand Admiral Thrawn: For the duration of this game, your ships count as obstructions to your enemies.

Ackbar's ability is basically a starfighter version of the Ackbar Slash. Thrawn's ability is adapted from his defensive move where he has the top of the capital ship provide cover for the fighters. In this case, it's fighters providing cover for other fighters.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#26 yagyu

yagyu

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:36 PM

Ok thx for the suggestions budgernaut, I wanted to keep these cards still as action based but here are the revised thrawn and ackbar using the ideas you presented. I had to reword them just a bit to still make them action based but they basically still work the same as u suggested.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS