Photo

Alternative Campaign: The Silken Threads - PDF READY!

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#21 Flux Cobalt

Flux Cobalt

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:47 AM

I am new to the vassal system. Could I get some help? How do I get these Silken Thread files loaded as a module? Thanks in advance.

Flux

#22 Morthai

Morthai

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:20 AM

download vassal.
http://www.vassaleng...-beta4-Released

download Desenct Vassal Module:
http://mob0.com/Desc...ition_v1.0.vmod

download my rar:
The final Rar:
http://www.file-uplo...hreads.rar.html

then extract the rar, open vassal, open within vassal the module, load a game continuation of the map of your choice, go to custom map.

#23 any2cards

any2cards

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:54 AM

Morthai …

I have read through this entire thread, as well as have visited BGG and referenced similar threads.  I really like what you have done with this quest.  Quite frankly, I am not a creative individual … my mind simply doesn't work that way.

I am curious about one thing.  I have seen references to various vassal files, rar files, etc.  Have you considered, or have you already created a PDF of this entire quest?

That is the thing I was looking for most.  I did not see anything within the files section on BGG, nor within the actual thread.  Is this something you are going to do?

Also, after actually re-reading the threads and comparing the dates of individual entries, it appears like you may not yet be completed within everything.  If I am reading this correctly, you are actively working on ACT II encounters, or am I wrong?

Any information you would care to provide would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

#24 Morthai

Morthai

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:48 AM

Act II encounter as well the finals are done and i am working on the additional supply (items, heroes, relics, lieutenants, monsters, skillcards, etc.)
as soon i finished that, I will create a PDF file consisting of all quests and additional stuff. I just wait for the Templates for the PDF files from Adam Sadler.

thanks for your interest. As soon the PDF is ready I will post it here as well.

#25 any2cards

any2cards

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:21 PM

Thank you very much for the update.  My friends and I eagerly await the PDF.  Figure it will get done way before I ever see FFG's Wyrm expansion.  Heh.

#26 Morthai

Morthai

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:02 PM

I am nearly finished with the campaign!

We are balancing the content and maps a bit around.
If you want to join the balance discussions, look here:
boardgamegeek.com/thread/887445/silken-threads-balance-starting-weapons
boardgamegeek.com/thread/887729/silken-threads-balance-skills
boardgamegeek.com/thread/887176/silken-threads-balance-characters

My proofreaders extinct my typos.

And several persons helping me to assemble all components for the PDF

The awesome work from the wive of the BBG user Chubby can be seen as the cover picture for the booklet!!!

#27 Morthai

Morthai

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:42 AM

New Items and Monsters got added in the ranks of the campaign!

Is anyone expierieced with creating booklet pdf's? I could need some help in creating the questguide.

#28 any2cards

any2cards

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:51 PM

Morthai said:

New Items and Monsters got added in the ranks of the campaign!

Is anyone expierieced with creating booklet pdf's? I could need some help in creating the questguide.

Morthai …

Did you ever completely finish this quest?  Did you find anyone to assist with turning everything into a PDF?  I was just looking for an update.

#29 Morthai

Morthai

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:48 AM

I am working hard on it - but especially spellchecking is damn time consuming!
Act I should be completely done now, exept maybe minor issues.
Enjoy!

http://www.file-uplo...-P1-19.pdf.html

#30 any2cards

any2cards

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:46 AM

Morthai …

If you desire a second, third, or fourth set of eyes to review this stuff, let me know … I would be happy to assist.

#31 any2cards

any2cards

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:51 AM

On eother thing … will Part 2 of the PDF contain images of any additional cards that exist for the quest?  Or is there somewhere else these can be downloaded?

Thanks in advance.

#32 Morthai

Morthai

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:12 AM

the 3. part will feature all custom cards. 2. part is act II and finales.

#33 darthjoe1228

darthjoe1228

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:06 AM

If i got tile system, which is something i have been thinking about for a while, how would i get like a set of tiles and tokens for descent 2e? And if anyone has one it would be greatly appreciated if you could send me the file or link, thanks

#34 Steve-O

Steve-O

• Members
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:41 AM

darthjoe1228 said:

If i got tile system, which is something i have been thinking about for a while, how would i get like a set of tiles and tokens for descent 2e? And if anyone has one it would be greatly appreciated if you could send me the file or link, thanks

I haven't seen a tileset for D2E online yet, but it's easy enough to make your own, provided you have a scanner to scan in the tiles.  You can look at the tilesets packaged with the program in a text editor to see how it works.

#35 any2cards

any2cards

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

Morthai …

Do you have a target date for the Part 2 and Part 3 PDFs for the campaign?

Thanks.

#36 Morthai

Morthai

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:16 PM

any2cards said:

Morthai …

Do you have a target date for the Part 2 and Part 3 PDFs for the campaign?

Thanks.

part 2 is almost finished - just need to design the backgrounds and have a final spellcheck after the last 2 rounds. Approximately 3-7 days depending on my other workload.

#37 any2cards

any2cards

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:40 PM

Thanks.  Have a 5 day Descent marathon planned for the end of the month, and was hoping to utilize your alternative quest.

Will

#38 Morthai

Morthai

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:44 PM

Today I finally finished the hard design work of all pages of the pdf file! It might need a last spellcheck but for now it is ready to be published as a nice complete product of the effords of all my helpers and countless hours of work! Behold, here we go (whopping 69mb full of descent 2.ed.)!

http://www.file-uplo...hreads.pdf.html

hope you enjoy it!

#39 any2cards

any2cards

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:45 AM

Morthai …

I downloaded the PDF.  I briefly scanned it (not thouroughly read), and I can't find the following:

1) The actual page for the overall quest, showing which is the intro quest, what are the ACT I and corresponding ACT II quests, etc.

2) Custom cards

Am I blind?  Have I somehow missed this?

Will

#40 Morthai

Morthai

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:54 AM

that all is actually in the addeddum or the part 3 we talked about - i still have some templates missing to finish that but in the meanwhile you can find it here:
http://boardgamegeek...lieutenants-rel

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS