• Please log in to reply
270 replies to this topic

#21 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:46 AM

BanthaFodder said:

I see one of the Enemies shown is a Giant Rat.

Anyone want to wager with me that I was right (see other thread) about the guy in the top hat being a Rat Catcher ??

It´s the same Giant Rat from the Dungeon:)

But i like it, that they have add the Giant Rat to the City expansion.  

#22 Nidhögg

Nidhögg

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:59 AM

BanthaFodder said:

I see one of the Enemies shown is a Giant Rat.

Anyone want to wager with me that I was right (see other thread) about the guy in the top hat being a Rat Catcher ??

Sorry pal, he is most certanly the Spy.

#23 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:15 AM

I agree with Nidhogg

The person in black is the Spy. I have no doubs about it.

#24 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:25 AM

I was looking at the spy from 2th edition, but he looks a bit weak.

Oke, he can make from the strangers his agents.. to that only he can visit those cards…

But i hope that FFG make him a little better, by adding some more interesting ability's

#25 vogaldo

vogaldo

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:00 AM

I miss so much Talisman in spanish… Devir is the worst editorial in the world. I hate them!!! Please, FFG, allow to Edge publish the game. 

#26 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:53 AM

I was looking at the Corrupt Sheriff card on the FFG news page, and it seems that it is a mix of the Corrupt Sheriff and the normal sheriff from third edition:)

You can pay him to avoid the jail, but you can also throw someone else into the jail with a roll of 5-6 ( 50% chance by paying 3 gold! lol:)

#27 BanthaFodder

BanthaFodder

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:08 AM

Well Nidhögg & Velhart, I would be immensely disappointed if he turned out to be the spy.

I admit that there are not many other likely candidates for the character that has been revealed.

I double-checked the image and top-hat does, as I originally thought, have at least one animal draped on his shoulders.

I originally thought it was a cat but it may be two giant rats. (better quality image available now)

Woud be a bit of a rubbish spy that goes around with dead rats on his shoulders….not exactly blending in….

Maybe the spy is the elven girl in blue.

Also, the interesting 'barmaid' type character - you can now see a magic essence flowing from one of the glasses of exotically coloured liquid she is carrying… she is a real puzzle..

#28 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:39 AM

BanthaFodder said:

Well Nidhögg & Velhart, I would be immensely disappointed if he turned out to be the spy.

I admit that there are not many other likely candidates for the character that has been revealed.

I double-checked the image and top-hat does, as I originally thought, have at least one animal draped on his shoulders.

I originally thought it was a cat but it may be two giant rats. (better quality image available now)

Woud be a bit of a rubbish spy that goes around with dead rats on his shoulders….not exactly blending in….

Why would you be disappointed?

Is it not cool to have a spy (retro) character back in the game?

But i think that a spy is not so powerful. He looks very weak in the 2th edition version, unless FFG makes him better.

I see no giant rats. It is just a part of his clothing.

#29 Fogity

Fogity

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:47 AM

Although I would bet on the top-hat man to be the spy, when thinking about it the "barmaid" could actually be the spy as she would then be under cover and having a dagger. But as this is Talisman the spy would probably look very much like a typical medieval spy character.

#30 Nidhögg

Nidhögg

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:54 AM

BanthaFodder said:

Also, the interesting 'barmaid' type character - you can now see a magic essence flowing from one of the glasses of exotically coloured liquid she is carrying… she is a real puzzle..

BanthaFodder said:

It's a fur collar around his neck, no living animal :P You can also see what seems to be a binocular in his belt. I'm positive it's the Spy.

The "barmaid" I'm sure is some kind of Potionbrewer or Apothecary. My suspicions regarding this got even stronger with the reveal of the Potion-purchase deck over at TalismanIsland. She will most certanly start with some potions from that deck or have a ability to gain potions from that deck for free…

#31 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:19 AM

Nidhögg said:

The "barmaid" I'm sure is some kind of Potionbrewer or Apothecary. My suspicions regarding this got even stronger with the reveal of the Potion-purchase deck over at TalismanIsland. She will most certanly start with some potions from that deck or have a ability to gain potions from that deck for free…

This is very interesting what you say.

Maybe she can do something with the potion deck:)

Getting free potions would be a nice ability. But i have only seen one potion card so far, and that is a very dangerous one..:)

#32 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 504 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:13 PM

For a while I too thought that might be an animal on the dude's back. Though lately I don't think so.   However, considering some thoughts I'm hearing, perhaps, as the bar maid may be related to the potions….   maybe the dude is the owner or some how connected to the pet store? 

More likely he's a spy though.             It's nice to see that speculation has brought a lot of comments out too.      I'm sure as more info is revealed we shall engage unceasingly!

#33 BanthaFodder

BanthaFodder

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:25 PM

I would be disappointed because he looks like an interesting new character and to be a spy would be a bit of an anti-climax.

I have no problem with a spy, as long as it is not on a par with the bizzarre 2nd edition one. Would prefer it to be one of the others though.

You can't see the animals on his shoulders? With the higher (but still low) resolution image you can clearly see ears and eyes on the them.

I didn't say they were alive either. Could be pelts that he is wearing.

Not to mention the rather large tail flying out from behind his hat. Doesn't look quite right for a rats tail but that may just be done to low-res

I don't see any binoculars on his belt either, the rats skulls hanging there must be in the way…. 

So, I bet you both a bag of gold* - alternatively loser has to get drunk in a tavern and get into a fight with a farmer…

*Talisman gold obviously!

an Apothecary is not a bad shout at all. Not quite sure why should be be carrying them on a tray but may be artistic license to get them represented.

#34 BanthaFodder

BanthaFodder

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:28 PM

0beron said:

For a while I too thought that might be an animal on the dude's back. Though lately I don't think so.   However, considering some thoughts I'm hearing, perhaps, as the bar maid may be related to the potions….   maybe the dude is the owner or some how connected to the pet store? 

More likely he's a spy though.             It's nice to see that speculation has brought a lot of comments out too.      I'm sure as more info is revealed we shall engage unceasingly!

Ooh - pet cards - now that might be a link I hadn't seen.

#35 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 504 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:19 PM

I wonder what other enemies, strangers or others will end up on the Wanted Lists? It seems this feature will allow players to tie into expansions, like HIghland and Dragons with the financial advantages. Dungeon too. 

Its not just being able to spend money, its also the buying of things that are not so easy to find or buy, whether its horses or objects or pets with various powers. I'm sure we'll all visit the City often.

#36 Nidhögg

Nidhögg

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:26 PM

BanthaFodder said:

I would be disappointed because he looks like an interesting new character and to be a spy would be a bit of an anti-climax.

I have no problem with a spy, as long as it is not on a par with the bizzarre 2nd edition one. Would prefer it to be one of the others though.

You can't see the animals on his shoulders? With the higher (but still low) resolution image you can clearly see ears and eyes on the them.

Not to mention the rather large tail flying out from behind his hat. Doesn't look quite right for a rats tail but that may just be done to low-res

I don't see any binoculars on his belt either, the rats skulls hanging there must be in the way…. 

So, I bet you both a bag of gold* - alternatively loser has to get drunk in a tavern and get into a fight with a farmer…

*Talisman gold obviously!

an Apothecary is not a bad shout at all. Not quite sure why should be be carrying them on a tray but may be artistic license to get them represented.

The animals you are refering to are some kind of mink stole fur collar. Look it up if you don't know what I'm talking about (I don't know how to attach pictures to the post).

Bet accepted ;)

#37 BanthaFodder

BanthaFodder

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:31 PM

Yeah, I know what a mink stole is. Normally worn by ladies though no? There are ears on both sides so not one animal draped which is the normal way but I guess we are not exactly dealing with normality here.

Would a Spy wear such a thing? Oh well, time will tell…

I am a little less confident now I have realized that the elven lady in blue might be a ninja. <sulks>

#38 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:19 AM

Thee Forsaken One said:

Yeah it looks linear although the article mentions being able to charter a ship to the middle region so I get the impression that it's easier to leave the city than the other extra boards, but I could be reading too much into it.

I like the idea that you can take a ship to the outer region or middle region.

If you want directly to the dungeon, because you are prepared for it, you can instantly go to the ruins with the ship. Very handy!

Or going directly to the Portal of Power, to go into the dragon tower.

#39 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:25 AM

ninepointone said:

What happened to the advanced professions from 1:st edition of Talisman? Sheriff, Arch Mage, Master Thief etc? That was a really nice addition to the game.

Hmm, I don´t want to see those Master level characters again, unless they pick up the idea from third edition.

But it is better to forget about them..

#40 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:43 AM

BanthaFodder said:

About those ears… ( i think that it are buttons on his clothing.

I think that it is ridiculous if he has 2 giant rats around his neck.

If this person has something to do with rats, then he should look different ;)

But it could be a pelt, but then i need a better picture:)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS