• Please log in to reply
270 replies to this topic

#261 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:00 AM

Nidhögg said:

About the Tinkerer. You use the automated followers as usual as if they still where objects. The limit is still only one armour and weapon in each fight.

It´s a very good character then, together with his ability that he can discard automated followers to discard adventure cards, and draw some new ones. 

#262 Stomski

Stomski

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:20 AM

The_Warlock said:

Here's a comprehensive list of Enemy-Constructs so far:

<snip>

Ah, thanks!  The city deck is the only one I've spent any time going through, not played enough 4th Edition it seems!  I must rectify this :D

#263 tarasis

tarasis

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:09 AM

Mine arrived in the post today. Hoping I will have the time at the weekend to play, fingers crossed.

it does sound like the city is a little too friendly.

#264 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:26 AM

I have receive the city expansion 2 days ago!

I like the artwork from the board very much, and the cards too.

Especially the Potion and Pet deck is a nice idea.

The City cards  are looking very good!

I want to play it soon  :D

#265 crowtongue

crowtongue

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:39 AM

There seems to be some confusion with The Scribe card… People are using the terms "Round" and "Turn" interchangably. My understanding is that a turn is when one person takes a turn, and a round is when everyone takes their turn.

So in essence, if a spellcaster can throw away another card in place of the spell they want to use, once per ROUND they can do this. To be honest, it is annoying, but not nearly gamebreaking.

In fact, as a magic user it adds a well-needed sort of balance to the special ability of the Gypsy, where she can take a spell you are discarding if her craft allows. Now you can give her a crappier spell instead.

#266 Uvatha

Uvatha

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:22 AM

Oh its "Round" I think its casting a very nasty spell over over and over every round thats the pain some spells are very powerful.

#267 Nidhögg

Nidhögg

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:48 AM

crowtongue said:

So in essence, if a spellcaster can throw away another card in place of the spell they want to use, once per ROUND they can do this. To be honest, it is annoying, but not nearly gamebreaking.

It depends on the spell. But being able to throw Strenght or Craft-spell each time it's your characters turn I must say is pretty gamebreaking…

#268 crowtongue

crowtongue

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

Yeah actually, having looked at the spell list there are a few combinations in there that can be abused. I didn't realize there were spells that just straight up improved your stats. I don't really like that those exist, period.

But I think there are lots of combinations of cheap things you can do that will break the game for others if you put your mind to it. We agreed to put things like this to a vote if anyone is ever caught doing it, and we will just remove the card from the game. I also only put Lucky or Luna in, never both.

#269 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:56 AM

These considerations are probably good for your games. I only play with one person, my wife. She'd kill me if I did that to her and we'd probably not play as often. sigh.

#270 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:06 AM

I saw the scribe card too.

This card can become a big problem for the game.

You only need a second spell to get this to work. But you can buy spell books, or visit the waterfall in the highlands to gain more spells.

If someone has the random spell, then they have won the game, unless he lose the scribe follower :)

But there are enough other spells that you want to keep. Temporal warp, strength and craft spell,  and many others.

#271 crowtongue

crowtongue

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:16 PM

Seriously though, they haven't won the game if they get the random spell. Sure losing stats is terrible, but losing all your gold won't necessarily impact winning the game, and you can also gain stats from the random spell being cast on you. That would be a poor use of scribe, and anyways, if someone gets scribe I think everyone else can buy up the spellbooks first.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS