Two noob questions (Disrupt/Response)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 biobaba

biobaba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:26 AM

I have two questions that I want to confirm if I am right or wrong here. Thanks for the help in advance.

1. Based on the game guide, Disrupt ability can be played (triggered) during the Story phase. Does that mean if I have an event card or a character card that possess the ability of "Disrupt prevent one wound token to be placed on your character"  can be played in response to me loosing a Combat struggle so that my character can be saved from wounding?

2. I just want to clarify the difference between response and forced response.

Forced Response: you have no choice, as it triggers you have to do whatever it says (i.e. "Forced Response Draw a Card" I have to draw a card if able)

Response: As it triggers I have the choice to let it happen or not (i.e. "Response Draw a card" I can choice not to draw a card when it triggers)

#2 Yipe

Yipe

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:04 AM

1) Disrupts can be triggered during the story phase (as must Forced Responses if their trigger is met).  Therefore, the example you give (playing a disrupt to prevent your character from being wounded) is correct.

2) Correct.

#3 biobaba

biobaba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:42 PM

Thanks for the reply,
Which brings another question is it possible to use  Political Demonstration right after I win an struggle with more than two icons? Or this card can only be used after all the struggles has been done?

Also if a character card says "response: When this card goes insane draw a card"

Can this response be played right after me loosing a horror struggle or this can only be played after all four struggles has been done.

I got this question is because from the guide book the four struggles are inside a "green box" and it says during the "green box" phase only forced response and disrupt can be trigger… I am pretty confused with Political Demonstration in this case.

#4 HilariousPete

HilariousPete

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:02 PM

biobaba said:

I got this question is because from the guide book the four struggles are inside a "green box" and it says during the "green box" phase only forced response and disrupt can be trigger… I am pretty confused with Political Demonstration in this case.

You are reading the turn structure right… You have to wait for all responses until all stories are resolved. The stories and their struggle effects are considered to be one big game effect. After it (= all stories and struggles) is resolved, you have the opportunity to play responses.

The downside of this is, that you can't benefit from the effects of such a response in subsequent struggles during the current turn. But the good thing is, that your opponent doesn't know that you will be playing that response when he is resolving subsequent struggles and perhaps choosing the guy with a good support attachment to be readied after a won arcane struggle, and you destroy that support card with Political Demonstration, perhaps nullifying his plans for the next turn.

#5 .Zephyr.

.Zephyr.

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:42 AM

Responce and forced responce are also quite different timnig wise.

Forced responses happen "immediately" when their condition is met, much like passive effects.

Responces happen at "the end" of Action or "Action like" frame, after every disrupt/passive/forced has happened. In case of story resolution after all stories are resolved. And you decide do you want to trigger them or not.

Disrupts are player controlled, optional effects that happen "immediately". Often before forced responce and passive.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS