How Many Models do you own

• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#161 SEWeed

SEWeed

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:58 AM

Just picking up my first core set, but I am curious if there is a good ratio I should try to stick to?

Or should I pay more attention to possible point totals?

Core set has 1 X-Wing and 2 Tie. (2:1)   Should I keep this ratio in expanding or does it really depend on the pilot and points?

Should I just get more Tie Advanced expansions and skip the regular Tie expansions?

Should I try to keep the 2:1 ratio Imperial to Rebel?

Am I concerned about something that doesn't even matter because of the point system?

Note: I did watch a rather quick 150 point match where a swarm of tie fighters with Darth Vader creamed the 150 point Rebel squad. Not even close, mostly because of the amount of concentrated fire.

#162 afilter

afilter

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:13 AM

SEWeed said:

Just picking up my first core set, but I am curious if there is a good ratio I should try to stick to?

Core set has 1 X-Wing and 2 Tie. (2:1)   Should I keep this ratio in expanding or does it really depend on the pilot and points?

Should I just get more Tie Advanced expansions and skip the regular Tie expansions?

Am I concerned about something that doesn't even matter because of the point system?

Note: I did watch a rather quick 150 point match where a swarm of tie fighters with Darth Vader creamed the 150 point Rebel squad. Not even close, mostly because of the amount of concentrated fire.

You will need more IMP that Rebels.  My current 2 Tie ADV and 3 Tie allow me to field 100pts vs only 3 rebel ships at 100pts.  You are correct it comes down to what builds you want to compose.  I believe the most you can currently squezze in a 100pt game is 8 Ties vs 5 rebels.

#163 Krazo

Krazo

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:31 AM

Well considering almost my entire group plays with my pieces I have a lot of pieces.

It amounts to 4 core sets(I picked them up at $20.00-$25.00 on Amazon)

Overall

12x Tie Fighters

6x Tie Interceptors

6x Y-Wings

6X X-Wings

Basically i can field every single pilot in the game without having to take them off the pegs(@ about 328 points on each side fyi) and so can a Friend of mine can do the same at his house.

Of the wave 2 ships 

I have 

1x Tie Int

1x A-Wing

2x YT-1300(coming in the mail my cousin won, one and my brother won one and are mailing them to me for X-Mas)

1x Firespray(the winner of the local tournament using my pieces gave it to me for a X-Mas present)

#164 Gravis

Gravis

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:54 AM

SEWeed said:

Good questions, and this is something I didn't know either until I picked up my first models.  I started with a core set and one each of the wave one expansions.  This is a great place to start if you want to collect both factions worth of ships.  It'll get you 3 Rebel ships up to (and even slightly over) 100 points, and 4 Imperial ships that can be kitted out to around 92 points.  Obviously at home and with your friends you can play with whatever point totals you want, however the game is designed around 100 points, and that is what all official tournaments use as well as any game nights I've been to.  So if you want to get so you have 100 points of each, grab one more Tie Advanced or Tie Fighter.

Now if you're concerned about maximum numbers of models you may need, here are the numbers of a single ship type you can fit into one 100 point list:

X-wing - 4

Tie Fighter - 8

Y-wing - 5

Tie Advanced - 4

So with those numbers of each model, you can create every 100 point list combination.

Final disclaimer, is that none of this takes into consideration the wave two stuff due out in February.

#165 xplodingpenguin

xplodingpenguin

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:12 AM

4 - XWings

2 - YWings

1 - AWing

8 - TIE Fighters

4 - TIE Advanced

When wave 2 comes out i will be buying

3 - AWing

4 - TIE Interceptor

2 - YT1300

1 - Firespray

#166 pks

pks

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:33 AM

pks said:

4x TIE Fighters

2x X-Wing

I just bought in this weekend with two core sets. We found them on sale at Target for $28 each. I plan on getting one each of the wave 1 expansions over the next few weeks. I will probably buy one each of the Falcon and Slave 1, 2 A-Wings, and 4 TIE Interceptors because I love me some TIE Interceptors.

I need to amend this. Very, very surprisingly my parents read and followed my Christmas list and bought me one of everything currently available. That would make three core sets, so I called my FLGS and asked if I could trade it in for credit. They said sure so I bought a second of each expansion ship.

That brings me to:

6x TIE Fighters

4x X-Wing

2x TIE Advanced

2x Y-Wing

#167 Hdnggrnchrg

Hdnggrnchrg

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:53 AM

7 Ties

1 Tie Advanced

1 Tie Interceptor

4 X-Wings

2 Y-Wings

1 Falcon

Ordered:

1 Falcon

1 Slave 1

2 A-Wings

#168 Grape Starburst

Grape Starburst

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:17 AM

Gravis said:

Now if you're concerned about maximum numbers of models you may need, here are the numbers of a single ship type you can fit into one 100 point list:

X-wing - 4

Tie Fighter - 8

Y-wing - 5

Tie Advanced - 4

So with those numbers of each model, you can create every 100 point list combination.

That's what I've been keeping in mind as my absolute max for each ship type even though I haven't reached that number for any of them yet. TIE Fighter and X-Wing are probably the only ones I'll eventually hit that number for though.

#169 executor

executor

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:30 AM

1 core set

2 x-wing expansions

2 y-wing expansions

2 tie fighter expansions

2 tie advance expansions

i'm waiting for the next wave before i decide if i'm going to purchase more from wave 1

Current Fleet

Rebellion: 4 X-wings, 4 Y-wings, 5 A-wings, 3 B-wings, 1 HWK-290, 2 YT-1300's

Empire: 8 Tie Fighters, 2 Tie Advanced, 9 Tie Interceptors, 3 Tie Bombers, 1 Lambda Shuttle, 3 Firespray 31's

#170 SEWeed

SEWeed

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:51 AM

Thanks Gravis, and to afilter too.

This helps a lot. Looks like I need some more of everything, but especially Imp.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS