Photo

Thorin Company (very powerful dwarf allies deck)

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#41 PhoenixInferno

PhoenixInferno

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:17 PM

I play a simliar deck as well, although I do have Warden of Healing, Daughter of the Nimrondel and Rivendell Minstrel for more versatility.  If only they were to make a Dwarf healer…

I am also forced to run Bombur, since in Underground quests, he is INCREDIBLY useful in managing revealed resistance.

#42 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:01 AM

PhoenixInferno said:

I play a simliar deck as well, although I do have Warden of Healing, Daughter of the Nimrondel and Rivendell Minstrel for more versatility.  If only they were to make a Dwarf healer…

I am also forced to run Bombur, since in Underground quests, he is INCREDIBLY useful in managing revealed resistance.

I dont know what kind of versality you can get to put Other allies then dwarfs in your deck…..You only to get problem to make it proper work in my opinion.

Anyway we will get some errata for sure so this deck will not live long.

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

#43 AjiTae

AjiTae

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:41 AM

Could you give us some sort of detailed report of a solo game (a challenging quest of preference) you'd play with this deck. I'd like to hear more about your strategy and tactics, a breakdown turn by turn would be really cool.

#44 Pharmboys2013

Pharmboys2013

• Members
  • 774 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:42 AM

Glaurung said:

PhoenixInferno said:

I dont know what kind of versality you can get to put Other allies then dwarfs in your deck…..You only to get problem to make it proper work in my opinion.

Glaurung said:

PhoenixInferno said:

I don't think an errata is coming nor should one. The cards for this deck have been around since mid-August. They're not going to edit them like you seemed so sure they were going to do almost 2 months ago when this post was made. It's obviously a very strong deck archetype but not without its flaws. Still no encounter deck negation or healing. Doesn't matter if u build a second deck to compliment it; any quest can be completed as long as you have two decent decks that complimented each others weaknesses. Besides, if its just too good and the game is boring…make something else or do nightmare mode more. This isn't a hard to figure out "problem"

"His life is charmed, or fate spares him for some other end."

#45 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:31 AM

Pharmboys2013 said:

Glaurung said:

PhoenixInferno said:

Glaurung said:

PhoenixInferno said:

I don't think an errata is coming nor should one. The cards for this deck have been around since mid-August. They're not going to edit them like you seemed so sure they were going to do almost 2 months ago when this post was made. It's obviously a very strong deck archetype but not without its flaws. Still no encounter deck negation or healing. Doesn't matter if u build a second deck to compliment it; any quest can be completed as long as you have two decent decks that complimented each others weaknesses. Besides, if its just too good and the game is boring…make something else or do nightmare mode more. This isn't a hard to figure out "problem"

Let me disagree with you. Previous errata was predicted by me almost 100%. Some one of the forum even name the Thread about errata Glaurung FAQ.

This deck is so powerful so balance is broke complitly in my opinion. I dont see really any big flaws in this deck. I pretty sure yu didn try to play with this deck,  cose if you try it and understand how it work you will talk different.

I strongly believe game need some rule fix about how many cards you can draw per turn and also about hand limit + all manipulations with encounter and player deck is also out of balance. Cards like Master of the forge and Emladris Stargeizer is crazy powerful too!(ayway this is another story).

But from other point of view there is no point of errata cose anyway is not tournament game so after FFG cancel the idea of tourney system who really care? you still play home and do what you want.

About nightmare; my friend was ruch player and make many mistakes in the first sessions. we play another nightmare session and this time he play more wise and slow. We win without any problem.

#46 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:34 AM

AjiTae said:

Could you give us some sort of detailed report of a solo game (a challenging quest of preference) you'd play with this deck. I'd like to hear more about your strategy and tactics, a breakdown turn by turn would be really cool.

Yes sure and the best way i must to make a video. Im not sure but i try to find time for that.

#47 Pharmboys2013

Pharmboys2013

• Members
  • 774 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:12 PM

Glaurung:  I personally see a lack of encounter negation a flaw but i guess thats my own opinion.  I have not used this exact deck, but use one very similar built on the same principles with Dain, Ori, and Nori.  

I suppose unlike the last errata, there is no one specific card in this deck that makes it able to be abused (aside from Dain i suppose but thats a different story), its more the combination of each dwarf card FF has already made, and each dwarf card is pretty darn good.  It would be hard to nerf this without just making the dwarf archetype irrelevant.

Like you said, there is no competitive enviroment so in the end who really cares, but agree to disagree i guess

"His life is charmed, or fate spares him for some other end."

#48 PhoenixInferno

PhoenixInferno

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:05 PM

Glaurung said:

PhoenixInferno said:

I play nightmare mode regularly with 3 players.  The additional cards that are revealed for having an extra player can be back-breaking if you cannot manage them.  Having extra healing (Warden and Daughter), color-fixing and deck-thinning (Rivendell Minstrel) is quite valuable.  There's value to being able to blitz your way to victory, but Nightmare mode requires a little more careful management of resources.

#49 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:33 AM

Just try it against HON. Very bad results. Looks like need to do some changes, otherwise there is no hope most of the time. HON is very ok!

#50 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:16 PM

Here is my results after 1 month of play with this deck against all three scenarios in HON box.

first and second 1 i can win quite easy solo and coop without any deck changes!!! Now i have expirience how to win.

The last quest i manange to win solo but is really difficult!! Coop game we still cannot win but we dont have really much time for coop game.

Anyway this deck is still rock  solo and can win almost all scenarios!

#51 Barnie91

Barnie91

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:04 AM

Hey I totally like your deck! i'm just wondering why you are not making use of Kili. Especially in the combination with Thorin and Ori they are really attractive.

#52 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:31 PM

Barnie91 said:

Hey I totally like your deck! i'm just wondering why you are not making use of Kili. Especially in the combination with Thorin and Ori they are really attractive.

Wait! there is Kili ans Wili in the deck. 2 leadership and 1 spirit( i dont remember who is by the name belong to which sphere).

They are a good help special in the begin to get quickly 5 dwarves.

#53 Barnie91

Barnie91

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:10 AM

Oh yes! Sorry, my fault  I diden't know that there is an updated deck on page 3

#54 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:07 AM

Ok i got good stand for my galaxy note 2 and record some video how i play with this deck random game against Ithilien. Sorry for quality this is my first video. Actually i have fun with this so i will make more videos sure. English is not my native language so sorry for some speech mistake. There is 2 mistake i done but they very small and doesn change notning. Check it out!

Here is link for first part:

http://youtu.be/L0lSm_vWGkQ 

Here is link for second part:

#55 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:42 AM

Here is one more video with this deck against Peril in Pelargir quest.

#56 impaulm

impaulm

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:03 AM

Glaurung, do you usually build your solo decks in this more aggressive way? I usually won't go solo without cancelation cards at least, and try to get some healing too. I was surprised by the decks effectiveness without these.  I threw it together last night and won first time through Ithien. 

If your friend is up for it, you guys should post a two player video. 

#57 Tracker1

Tracker1

• Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:24 PM

Glaurung said:

I just watched your video.  On your last turn after all your dwarves were taken out. You only had four dwarves in play, but you still drew 2 cards and gave Thorin 2 resources.  I'm sure you know that Thorin's and Ori's ability only trigger with 5 dwarves in play.  Maybe you just got in the habit of having more than 5 in play.  I'm sure it would have not changed the outcome of the game, but little things like that add up.  I'm sure it happens to me too.

Nice deck, really fast.

'At last' said Aragorn 'Here are the tracks that we seek!'

#58 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

Tracker1 said:

Yes you right is my bad. Bad mistake. But actually is change nothing i still have a lot of recources to play Gandalf and finish the game. But still fact is fact. Rrrrr hate my self for this mistake. Glaurung said:

I just watched your video.  On your last turn after all your dwarves were taken out. You only had four dwarves in play, but you still drew 2 cards and gave Thorin 2 resources.  I'm sure you know that Thorin's and Ori's ability only trigger with 5 dwarves in play.  Maybe you just got in the habit of having more than 5 in play.  I'm sure it would have not changed the outcome of the game, but little things like that add up.  I'm sure it happens to me too.

Nice deck, really fast.

#59 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

Yes you right my bad. Luckely is change nothing i still have enough recources to play Gandalf and win. But fact is fact. My bad!! Hate my self for this! Try to be more careful!

#60 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

impaulm said:

Glaurung, do you usually build your solo decks in this more aggressive way? I usually won't go solo without cancelation cards at least, and try to get some healing too. I was surprised by the decks effectiveness without these.  I threw it together last night and won first time through Ithien. 

If your friend is up for it, you guys should post a two player video. 

yes you right about the idea how yoy can play solo without spirit (cancel when revealed effect) and also without healing. But this deck working very fast and always have a slot of soldier( dwarves allies) to die. If you play fast encounter deck just dont have enough time to do something effecive most o the game.

Is working quite good, specialy for first and second cycle where encounter decks is qiuite big and very slow. Cose if the deck is big is less effective.

But HON have very small encounter sets and very small ecnounter decks so those decks is much more powerful and play with high speed as well.

To be honest this Thorin company deck is too poweful and nealry broken.  If you will try this deck against Second and first cycle,  you will win so easy!

My friend is really good player but the problem we are quite busy people and dont have much time to gather togethere but sure i will try to  make some video next time.

My next video will be about Last quest in HON and this quest is never easy, even fot this deck!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS