Photo

Thorin Company (very powerful dwarf allies deck)

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#21 monkeyrama

monkeyrama

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:48 AM

I do like this deck, very direct. I can see how it can walk over some/many scenarios. I guess what I want to know is do people find these decks to be fun? I realise this is a very subjective question, and for my part I find overly powerful decks to be rather boring (like a kind of god mode). I guess by this I mean, for me a fun deck wins (more often than not) but does so with much difficulty. Although I can see the fascination in designing a killer deck. 

#22 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 2,006 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:54 AM

monkeyrama said:

I do like this deck, very direct. I can see how it can walk over some/many scenarios. I guess what I want to know is do people find these decks to be fun? I realise this is a very subjective question, and for my part I find overly powerful decks to be rather boring (like a kind of god mode). I guess by this I mean, for me a fun deck wins (more often than not) but does so with much difficulty. Although I can see the fascination in designing a killer deck. 

I dont like when deck is to powerful. This is wrong. This mean designers do bad job and dont see some combo which is going to be too powerful.

In my opinion this deck is to powerful and some cards deserve errata.

But i think personally they must to limit draw(or hand size) in this game. Unlimited draw and unlimited hand size always bring big problem.

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

#23 Majeh_XIII

Majeh_XIII

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:37 AM

deck is a nice deck but i woud say you need atleast 1 kili, and atleast 2 narvis belt. lose the record keepers they are really not worth it i used to run them in a dwarf deck for a while, there cost and ability cost is to expensive for the resources your generating. i would however have them replaced for the erebor battle masters.

#24 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 2,006 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:36 AM

Majeh_XIII said:

deck is a nice deck but i woud say you need atleast 1 kili, and atleast 2 narvis belt. lose the record keepers they are really not worth it i used to run them in a dwarf deck for a while, there cost and ability cost is to expensive for the resources your generating. i would however have them replaced for the erebor battle masters.

Most of the time u use for the quest. 2will power for 1 lore is quite cool. Very rare use them for they ability.

About Master of battle: attack is not a problem at all. But in the ens of the day yes why not? HE can be there too.

#25 Fatty

Fatty

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:53 AM

Erebor Battle Master is a tactics card. That would require a Song of Battle.

#26 Fatty

Fatty

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:17 AM

Sorry, forgot about Narvis Belt, but then you really need two of them in the deck.

#27 Golden_Nightingale

Golden_Nightingale

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:23 PM

I strongly disagree with creating an errata for cards that have really good synergistic properties. Coming up with a fun deck(s) is part of this game. If a deck is too "powerful" for you then create a harder deck, but rewriting card effects is unnecessary and frustrating. (I still don't agree with many things in the last errata.) This is game can be as synergistic or non-synergistic as you make it.

#28 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 2,006 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:44 PM

Golden_Nightingale said:

I strongly disagree with creating an errata for cards that have really good synergistic properties. Coming up with a fun deck(s) is part of this game. If a deck is too "powerful" for you then create a harder deck, but rewriting card effects is unnecessary and frustrating. (I still don't agree with many things in the last errata.) This is game can be as synergistic or non-synergistic as you make it.

But without errata this kind of games cannot be good. Cose new cards come out and always will come some powerful combo and erratas will come soon or later anyway. But of course if designers do better job less erratas we will have.

#29 Narsil0420

Narsil0420

• Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:18 PM

Yeah, I see a big weakness in threat level/management. You're starting at 32? and old Gandalf is the only threat reduction so it might be very weak against a scenario that has a lot of threat increase or penalizes you for having high threat (like We Must Away…).

#30 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 2,006 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:59 AM

Narsil0420 said:

Yeah, I see a big weakness in threat level/management. You're starting at 32? and old Gandalf is the only threat reduction so it might be very weak against a scenario that has a lot of threat increase or penalizes you for having high threat (like We Must Away…).

Maybe is sound strange but threat is not a problem. this deck play so quick you win the game already on the fifth turn. If you can play every turn 3-4 allies and quest around 15-20 and after attack also about 15 who care about threat. But i understand your feelings cose is sounds different….. Just try Narsil and you will see….. to powerful deck in my opinion but is only one deck with in i can win against Battle in the lake-town solo. Other quests is just boring cose you win too easy.Even MAO!

And  i dont like it! In coop this deck too powerful! We need some kind of special rules for advanced players with some limit of the powerful player cards.

#31 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 2,006 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:37 AM

Just make a new record with this deck against Battle of the Lake-Town : 100 points.

Smaug is really deadly enemy. In last round he manage to kill 4 my allies……. But i still have around 8 dwarfs and Gandalf  there and make my final strike.

#32 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 2,006 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:03 AM

Just play couple of games with my friend now…… He play this Dwarf deck and i play Elrond/Glorifindel(spirit) and Hama……..Crazy powerful!

We just win all quest without any problem. Even MAO is so easy now! Only BITLT still challenge for those decks. Now is only Nightmare mode can be challenge but with Will of the West i dont really think so. 

I have a question to the game designers: what is it???? That was your idea when you make those very powerful Dwarf cards in Hobbit??? How you can create so powerful and unbalanced combo? I dont know what to say……. In other ccg which one i use to play this kind of deck was banned straight away!

I was complain about Beravur before but he is just a children powder against this dwarf combo!

#33 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 2,006 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:07 AM

Just one more think. In 1 game i was able to play 16 cards of my player deck in the first round. so on the second round i have about 10 dwarf allies in game and lot od attachments +Gandalf with Sneak attack. so i already play half of my deck on the first 2 rounds. Crazy powerful!

#34 Angus Lee

Angus Lee

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:00 PM

I'm interested in knowing how to play 16 cards in the 1st round, could you please explain?  Thanks.

Once ... Always ...

My blog (in Simplified Chinese): http://blog.sina.com/b0ardgames

#35 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 2,006 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:49 PM

Angus Lee said:

I'm interested in knowing how to play 16 cards in the 1st round, could you please explain?  Thanks.

Yes sure. Lets try to remember how it was……..

In your starting hand you should to have a Legasy of Durin. This is very important card in this deck.

The starting hand  is :  Steward of Gondor, legacy of Durin, Daeron Runes, Erebor Record keeper X2, We are not Idle.

Draw Sneak attack. Then play  Steward on Ori, Legacy of Durin on Ori, steward tap Ori get 2 lore Resources, play Erebor Rkeeper, draw Gandalf, play Erebor Rkeeper, draw A very good tale, play We are not idle( tap all dwarfs add 5 to Dain pool), draw Fili, Play fili (come Kili from the player deck) draw a A very good Tale, play Sneak attack to put Gandalf to draw 3 cards(Lure of Moria, Hardy leadeship, we are not Idle) Play very good tale (tap Gandalf and kili) get Long bear Elder and Orc slayer) then play we are not idle (tap 3 dwarf) add 3 to Dain pool again, draw Miner of Iron Hills,  play Lure of Moria (every dwarf ready ).

Then you still have Daemon runes to get another 4 cards and maybe do something more. Also there is hardy leadership (1 more life for every dwarf)  and so on so on so on.

#36 Angus Lee

Angus Lee

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:30 PM

This is truly epic play, but not every game will be so perfect.  There is some gambit you're making here, e.g. I dare not exhausting all 5 drawfs for We Are Not Idle before I have Lure of Moria in hand because if I don't draw it with playing Gandalf, I might be in trouble (for Dain is exhausted, and this is 1st round there may be something in the staging area and more will be revealed in the upcoming quest phase).

So I think this deck is really good, but is it really so overpower that needs to be errata?  I am not sure.

Once ... Always ...

My blog (in Simplified Chinese): http://blog.sina.com/b0ardgames

#37 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 2,006 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:53 AM

Angus Lee said:

This is truly epic play, but not every game will be so perfect.  There is some gambit you're making here, e.g. I dare not exhausting all 5 drawfs for We Are Not Idle before I have Lure of Moria in hand because if I don't draw it with playing Gandalf, I might be in trouble (for Dain is exhausted, and this is 1st round there may be something in the staging area and more will be revealed in the upcoming quest phase).

So I think this deck is really good, but is it really so overpower that needs to be errata?  I am not sure.

Is doesn matter if you will not get it on the first turn cose anyway you will done the same thing in the next few rounds. so is only matter of  the first 3 rounds and you will have all your army on the table. Just try it once and you will understand how its work.

#38 CJMatos

CJMatos

• Members
  • 384 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:47 AM

Can you post the updated deck version?

Carlos José Matos

#39 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 2,006 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:54 PM

CJMatos said:

Can you post the updated deck version?

yes sure

Total Cards (50)

Hero (3)
Dain Ironfoot (RtM) x1
Ori (OHaUH) x1
Thorin Oakenshield (OHaUH) x1

Ally ()
Dori (OHaUH) x2
Erebor Record Keeper (KD) x3
Erebor Hammersmith (Core) x3
Fili (OHaUH) x2
Gandalf (Core) x3
Longbeard Elder (FoS) x3
Longbeard Orc Slayer (Core) x3
Miner of the Iron Hills (Core) x3

Kili x1

Attachment ()
Cram (OHaUH) x3
Hardy Leadership (SaF) x2
Legacy of Durin (TWitW) x3
Steward of Gondor (Core) x3

Song of Wisdom x1

Event ()
Daeron's Runes (FoS) x3
Lure of Moria (RtR) x3
Parting Gifts (AJtR) x2
Sneak Attack (Core) x3
We Are Not Idle (SaF) x3
A Very Good Tale (OHaUH) x2

#40 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 2,006 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:53 PM

Since My friend like this deck to much and dont really wont to play with other one we decide to play nightmare cose for this deck most of the quests is not problem at all. And we decide to play Khazad-Dum Nightmare mode (3 quests in one go). We play 3 games and all games we lost.

My friend play Thorin Company deck and i play Aragorn(lore), Frodo, Glorifindel(Spirit). So my deck help to remove Thorin deck threat, cancel effects, and shuffle discard pile also return dead heroes. Every time we manage to get to last quest and lost. Thorin deck have to high threat for nightmare or maybe i need to create other deck for better pair with.

I really love to play nightmare cose is challenge but the problem is too long to play. Normal game can take 30 min but nightmare is 2 hours at least.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS