• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

#41 XorKaya

XorKaya

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:42 AM

Doc Savage said:

Here is my Death Star / Star Destroyer / Hi Tech mat. Printed 3x4 at gotprint.com

Couple of questions Doc. Where on the site is the mat option? I can't seem to find it. Also, where did you get the texture print for this?

#42 Tenchiken

Tenchiken

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:56 AM

I thought I should put up a sample of the mats that I just picked up today!

They are 3x3 mats, printed and then pasted onto foamcore backing.

I am looking forward to giving these a test run at our local game day tomorrow.

• Parravon and Shanester40 like this

#43 noodles

noodles

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:58 AM

I also didn't see mats at gotprint and contacted them.  They said they don't make mats.  Whatever.

#44 Doc Savage

Doc Savage

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:28 AM

XorKaya said:

Doc Savage said:

Here is my Death Star / Star Destroyer / Hi Tech mat. Printed 3x4 at gotprint.com

(deleted pix)

Couple of questions Doc. Where on the site is the mat option? I can't seem to find it. Also, where did you get the texture print for this?

On the gotprint site go to banners. I made a 3x4 banner (there are brass grommets in the corners) Matte finish. I find glossy to glarey for gaming.

The Deathstar surface graphics are by Jedilaw. The graphics can be found here. You will see that I stitched a bunch of these together to make this mat.

Visit DocSavageTales.blogspot.com for cool stuff!

#45 bsmith13

bsmith13

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:14 AM

Nalydd said:

Just a fun pic of my star table:

Little did this fledgling x-wing pilot know that his fate had just been decided…

Look at the size of that thing!

Nice mat :)

#46 AlKusanagi

AlKusanagi

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:49 PM

I ordered a proper mat, but while I'm waiting for it to get here, I followed the lead of a couple of others and got a space print and some felt from Wal-Mart. Thankfully, we actually have a designer/seamstress on staff where I work, and she was more than happy to stitch it together for me.

Also, my Lego Corellian corvette is almost perfectly to scale!

#47 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

• Members
  • 427 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:48 AM

I've had both fantastic and horrible experiences with Hotz mats.

I ordered two custom space mats, they arrived surprisingly quickly and to spec.

On the other hand, I ordered a bunch of his river system (a relatively new product). Weeks went by. I got notice that it should have shipped. It never arrived. After another few weeks I emailed asking about it and if he could provide a tracking number. A couple of weeks later I received a response that there had been a delay and my order would be shipping out within a day or two. Repeat the cycle a couple more times, but with little to no further communication. Months later, after I had given up and written them off, I received another email that they shipped, and lo-and-behold, a few days later they arrived.

Of course, when this game launched,  I emailed him about maybe doing a Death Star/Star Destroyer type surface. Still haven't received a response. Just as well, I've already moved on to other options.

Caveat Emptor

#48 Fabster

Fabster

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:18 AM

Baphomet69 said:

I've had both fantastic and horrible experiences with Hotz mats.

I ordered two custom space mats, they arrived surprisingly quickly and to spec.

On the other hand, I ordered a bunch of his river system (a relatively new product). Weeks went by. I got notice that it should have shipped. It never arrived. After another few weeks I emailed asking about it and if he could provide a tracking number. A couple of weeks later I received a response that there had been a delay and my order would be shipping out within a day or two. Repeat the cycle a couple more times, but with little to no further communication. Months later, after I had given up and written them off, I received another email that they shipped, and lo-and-behold, a few days later they arrived.

Of course, when this game launched,  I emailed him about maybe doing a Death Star/Star Destroyer type surface. Still haven't received a response. Just as well, I've already moved on to other options.

Caveat Emptor

What other option did you go to?

#49 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

• Members
  • 427 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:30 AM

For the Death Star, I'm going this route:

http://skeletonkeygames.rpgnow.com/product/106202/Warscapes%3A-Star-Base-Trench-Run

Attaching them to foamcore. Though I'm not using the trench images, I'm making the trench 3-D with the regular surface images.

#50 Harleequin

Harleequin

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:50 AM

Trying to contacts Hotz at Hotz mats, but he's taking forever to respond, if he doesn't respond by tomorrow I'm definitely not giving him my business, tries to rush the paypal invoice when I asked him a simple question, his time is no more valuable than mine, and his business "ethic" Is absolutely disgusting, he's lucky I really need a space mat for this game and I can't find another good quality to Cost as to him and can't make one myself.

#51 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

• Members
  • 427 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:09 AM

Have you tried Monday Knight Games? I can't speak to their quality, as I don't own one, but they have a 3' x 3' for $18 and a larger one.

#52 Harleequin

Harleequin

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:10 AM

Baphomet69 said:

Have you tried Monday Knight Games? I can't speak to their quality, as I don't own one, but they have a 3' x 3' for $18 and a larger one.

I really wanted a double sided mat, same design, but one side with hexagons, do they also do that?

#53 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

• Members
  • 427 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:25 AM

They do do hexes, but I don't know if they do double-sided. You'd have to ask them. mondayknight.com

#54 Major Mishap

Major Mishap

• Members
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:27 PM

Here's mine. I originally just had a 6x4 black felt cloth and decided to ping some chalk lines to make the 3x3 area. Then as the dust settled thought I could get some coloured chalk and sandpaper and make chalk dust to 'paint' a background. I also added a dash of glitter and sealed with hair laquer.

#55 JustModelDads

JustModelDads

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:33 AM

There appears to be a shortage of available mats in the UK. 

I've sourced a provider of Avlyn's Space Navy fabric in Newcastle.  Works a treat! Go check it out on our blog:

#56 noodles

noodles

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:05 AM

Looks awesome!  They're out of stock with the 4x6 mats but a 3x3 would be great!

#57 Major Mishap

Major Mishap

• Members
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:23 AM

That looks pretty good but WTF is their measurement system? either 10cm or Fat quarter?

#58 WyvernX86

WyvernX86

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:26 AM

Here is mine.

#59 JustModelDads

JustModelDads

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:45 AM

Ring Kim and order a meter, otherwise you'll be left bamboozled by the World of Quilting (10 cam squares or a 'Fat Quarter').  They'll help you out if you want more!

#60 Enies

Enies

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:53 PM

100p game - First senario

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS