Jump to content



Photo

Gaming mats


  • Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

#21 AlKusanagi

AlKusanagi

    Member

  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:24 PM

He will indeed make 3X3 mats, and I ordered a double sided one with the two space prints for $35.



#22 LSUedd

LSUedd

    Member

  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:51 PM

Here is the space mat I have been working on.

 


  • Vovhees likes this

#23 Nridgeville

Nridgeville

    Member

  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:57 PM

I just drew my new play mat In my cam software. Can't wait for my 3x3x38 aluminum sheet to get here . I'll post pics when it's done :)



#24 Xnath

Xnath

    Member

  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:11 AM

 I went to a local craft store and bought a 3x3 black felt mat and some white fabric paint.

just have to figure out how to get some stars on the mat without making a mess.  :)

total cost of materials was $5.



#25 R2D2

R2D2

    Member

  • Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:17 AM

Xnath said:

 I went to a local craft store and bought a 3x3 black felt mat and some white fabric paint.

just have to figure out how to get some stars on the mat without making a mess.  :)

total cost of materials was $5.

I used a toothbrush to flick tiny star effects. just make sure you let the drips come off first, or you will get big ugly drips occasionaly.

see above for photos of the effect i achieved with it (complete with the big accidental drops!)

above all, test your method on something else first. I went through 3 test boards to ensure I had the correct technique, and some of them turned out ugly!



#26 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

    Member

  • Members
  • 429 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:31 PM

Holy crap, wouldya look at this!

Like the Death Star Trench Run?



#27 TieDefender

TieDefender

    Member

  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:23 AM

 how did you find the quality of the MKP star mat? on other forums I have heard that the quality is low.

 

What is better quality do you think hotz felt mat vs MKP star mat?



#28 Airborne Engineer

Airborne Engineer

    Member

  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:45 AM

 I bought the MKG star mat and it is functional but some of the stars are blobby and the mat is not perfectly cut 3x3.  It arrived within a week of ordering.  

I have some stuff from Hotzmats and his work is far better quality. He however has major customer service issues though. It took three months to get my product. He also ignored three emails I sent for information.  I've heard of delivery times ranging from 5 weeks to over 6 months.  So if you are patient and willing to be treated like your business isn't important then go with Hotz. Eric really needs to hire some help, he could easily quadruple his sales if he could deliver on a timely basis. 



#29 TieDefender

TieDefender

    Member

  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:55 AM

Airborne Engineer said:

 I bought the MKG star mat and it is functional but some of the stars are blobby and the mat is not perfectly cut 3x3.  It arrived within a week of ordering.  

I have some stuff from Hotzmats and his work is far better quality. He however has major customer service issues though. It took three months to get my product. He also ignored three emails I sent for information.  I've heard of delivery times ranging from 5 weeks to over 6 months.  So if you are patient and willing to be treated like your business isn't important then go with Hotz. Eric really needs to hire some help, he could easily quadruple his sales if he could deliver on a timely basis. 

 

I had the exact same problem you did with Hotz on my last order, 3-4 months to get my order and only 1 email from him thats why I am wondering if MKP is a better option.



#30 niceas

niceas

    Member

  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:09 AM

 I have an old Geohex that I used to use for Aerotech. I'll try to post some pics later.



#31 Nalydd

Nalydd

    Member

  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:33 AM

Skeleton key have just released a simple trench run, cheap and cheerful.  Shame there are no turrets though.

http://skeletonkeygames.rpgnow.com/product/106202/Warscapes%3A-Star-Base-Trench-Run



#32 Doc Savage

Doc Savage

    Member

  • Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:06 AM

Here is my Death Star / Star Destroyer / Hi Tech mat. Printed 3x4 at gotprint.com

 

 


Visit DocSavageTales.blogspot.com for cool stuff!


#33 Capn Blackheart

Capn Blackheart

    Member

  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:49 AM

ok I want one of those!



#34 Poe

Poe

    Member

  • Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:55 AM

 For those who are interested in the Hotz gaming mats I just posted a review of their Enhanced Deep Space mat over at Fire Broadside

It does take some time for the mats to be made and shipped, but if you are not in a hurry it's hard to beat their price to quality ratio.



#35 TieDefender

TieDefender

    Member

  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:00 PM

 can someone post a game picture of the MKP mat? I just want to see it up close thanks.



#36 Harleequin

Harleequin

    Member

  • Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:21 PM

Poe said:

 For those who are interested in the Hotz gaming mats I just posted a review of their Enhanced Deep Space mat over at Fire Broadside

It does take some time for the mats to be made and shipped, but if you are not in a hurry it's hard to beat their price to quality ratio.

Thanks for the review, was debating on literally getting the same double sided mat from him, one side with hexes, one without, now I know I'll get this. Just want to ask him ETA, and price including shipping (Rolled not folded).



#37 Nalydd

Nalydd

    Member

  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:05 AM

Just a fun pic of my star table:

Little did this fledgling x-wing pilot know that his fate had just been decided…



#38 Enies

Enies

    Member

  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:41 AM

 I just got my Enhanced Space mat from Hotz Mats. I ordered it 22/8 during Gencon so back then Eric was hard to get hold off which i can understand. But after that he replys very quick on emails even on sundays. The quality is very nice and i would strongly recommend order from Hotz. I know alot of people say they give bad service but i dont agree. Havnt played on it yet tho. 



#39 TieDefender

TieDefender

    Member

  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:08 AM

 He gives good service to about 50percent of his customers which is great if your part of the 50percent but hardly a positive indictment.



#40 chrisrivers

chrisrivers

    Member

  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:57 AM

I have had bad service from Mr. Hotz also.  I ordered one of his "Budget" mats back in the beginning of September.  These are the misprint mats.  I have yet to get it a month later.  I fail to see how it should take a month to get an item that has already been manufactured.  I have also emailed twice with no response, I would at least expect an answer to my emails.  He takes the money fast enough.






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS