Beginner Game Request

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sketchpad

Sketchpad

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:59 PM

Love that the box is coming with pogs, but would it be possible to do something like Pathfinder's Pawns? They're pretty handy, and makes it MUCH easier to run combats.

#2 Sturn

Sturn

• Members
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:44 AM

Sketchpad said:

Love that the box is coming with pogs, but would it be possible to do something like Pathfinder's Pawns? They're pretty handy, and makes it MUCH easier to run combats.

Those Pathfinder examples are exactly what FFG did for Warhammer. The Warhammer ones seem to be sturdier then the Pathfinder ones, but I'm only looking at the pics.

I'm not sure if the pogs will be the norm for Star Wars or or if that is just a cheap method for the Basic set? Perhaps well will see the stand ups in later Star Wars products?

The pogs could be an advantage though since it is easier to create your own custom ones and they are cheaper to make by FFG (not stands) so we may save on the sale price?

#3 stankvision

stankvision

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:52 AM

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=star+wars+miniatures

100's to choose from. Dirt cheap and you can get singles.

#4 Sketchpad

Sketchpad

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:10 AM

I honestly prefer the Pawns over Pogs or Plastic Minis for a few reasons. The art is usually a nice touch on them and can be distinctive for NPCs (since they'd use the same art as the book). Not to mention that they're easy to store and not so easy to break. I just got a box of the Pathfinder ones and bought a second box because of how useful they'll be, and I'm sure I'd do the same with SW ones if they came out that way.

#5 aramis

aramis

• Members
  • 996 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:57 AM

My preference is nice, THICK (3mm+) pogs of 18-50mm, or good solid standup pawns. These pogs don't look quite that thick… but looks decent enough.

Minis take too much space, and are too fragile.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS