Talisman Prologue - a PC game

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#81 Jenna

Jenna

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:07 AM

So excited to pop in here and find out about this PC edition! Ordered it immediately. Have played all of the characters--love them all. Clairvoyant card: love. That the troll is evil, like trolls should be: love. How the board spins to focus on a space, like something totally epic is about to happen? Love, love.

I wasn't sure I'd like this game when I first read about it. One-player Talisman? That's almost too nerdy. But, as it turns out, it's not.

I hate mesmerism now, though. But I love everything else.

Expansions, please?

And--THE CITY! Yes!

Okay, I'm done.

Love,

Jenna

#82 Nomad_Carl

Nomad_Carl

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:53 AM

Glad you love the game Jenna!

We'll be turning our attention to expansions once we've finished working on the tablet/mobile versions of the game and then multiplayer features. 

Carl

#83 DeadInkPen

DeadInkPen

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:44 AM

You made my day with meantioning that you will be turning your attention the the multiplayer part. Have some friends that I miss playing this game with due to us living far apart now. Would be perfect for us to get together online and play once more.

#84 Hamal22

Hamal22

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:36 AM

i have find a bug.

when you play with the druid and he as the orb of knowledge it wont give you to change the cards

#85 Steve-O

Steve-O

• Members
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:39 AM

MagicBill said:

I have a question for you: I would like to have a kind of game where me and my friends can play one turn at a time, recieving a notice by email for example, and so the game could last for weeks or months, but we would not have to be playing the game live all together.

I'm not opposed to the "PBEM" multiplayer model in general.  I think that it would work really well for digital versions of some games.  That said, I'm not sure it would be the best for Talisman.  An individual turn in Talisman is pretty short: roll dice, move one way or the other, encounter whatever you find.  Using the PBEM model with more than two players would result in five seconds of play followed by several days (or weeks!) of waiting on other players to take their turns.

Granted there's not a lot of long-term strategy that needs to be remembered in Talisman, but I'm not sure I'd enjoy playing a game with such short intervals of activity via PBEM.

I think the PBEM model works much better for games where each player has a significant number of decisions to make in one turn and/or games that are known for having long periods of downtime between turns when played "face to face."  For a game like Talisman, the two forms of multiplayer that I think would work best are "live online" (potentially with the option to pause a game and resume later) and hotseat multiplayer on a single device.

#86 BatHead

BatHead

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:03 AM

HEAD'S UP PEOPLE!!! Nomad has annnounced the release of "Talisman- the Digital Edition"  (full game with online multiplayer/AI support) will be released early 2013, and is accepting various level pre-orders now. I'm thinking of getting the gold level pre-order, which, among other things, will get you any and all expansions as they come out with no extra charge. (it's about 65 bucks)

#87 Nomad_Carl

Nomad_Carl

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

Hi guys,

Just to let you know, Talisman Prologue is currently 33% off on our website for a limited time. If you haven't already bought it, now's a great time! Both standard and premium editions are in the sale.

http://www.talisman-game.com

Carl

#88 EvilEdwin

EvilEdwin

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:49 AM

Has there been a patch for Prologue yet? If so how do you update the game?

#89 Nomad_Carl

Nomad_Carl

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:34 AM

No there hasn't been a patch released yet. Are you having any particlar issues?

#90 EvilEdwin

EvilEdwin

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:41 AM

The only issue I've encountered is that it sometimes freezes when loading the game or when you complete a quest, meaning you have to shut it down via the task manager.

#91 BatHead

BatHead

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:39 AM

And I'm still having the issue where I can't go full screen without the mouse cursor disappearing.

#92 Spectrum

Spectrum

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:18 AM

After playing Talisman Prologue, i must say i was really impressed first of all to see a PC version of Talisman. The game is perfectly designed and rolls out just like it's supposed to. I've played out all the character quests with some being more challenging than others and it was in general a great idea. The only downside which i found was:

- Trying to complete a quest in as less turns as possible didn't really excite me. I would have preferred being given a certain number of turns to complete a quest and if that number were to be exceeded, to lose the game. I think this would've made the game longer in general. To be honest, after finishing a quest with the lowest possible score, i wasn't eager to replay it just to finish it in less turns. Also, would have been nice if there were different levels of difficulty with enemies having let's say +3 on their strength/craft on the highest difficulty level etc.

Anyway, all in all, i think the game represents its name: A prologue of what is to follow with the Digital Edition coming out this Summer.

#93 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 922 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:47 AM

Nomad_Carl said:

Glad you all like the Clairvoyant. Because many of the quests rely on you landing on specific board spaces, I thought it would be best to add a follower who gave you a better chance to land on those spaces.

Anyone recognise her?

It's the Sorceress! Sneaky… :)

It's nice of you to be here, Carl, and to keep us apprised of what's happening. I love having this game on my iPhone - it's the perfect thing for when you've got a few minutes to kill here and there.

About the upcoming multiplayer edition: will there be any sort of 'match-making' service? None of my friends are gamers, and I'm not optimistic about being able to convincing them to get the game. Would be nice if I could punch up a list of people who are ready to play at any particular time!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS