Talisman Prologue - a PC game

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#41 Greggyjay

Greggyjay

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:50 PM

Well, I purchased the pre-order and just finished the first quest with the Warrior.  I have to say, it was pretty awesome playing Talisman on my PC.  I've been waiting for a Talisman video game version since i first bought the board game back in 1992 or so.  Congrats on a job well done.  I can't wait until the full version is released and multiplayer and expansions are made available.  Again, Congrats.

#42 Uvatha

Uvatha

• Members
  • 605 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:09 PM

Just paypaled it now :).

Played the demo did warrior first mission in 8 turns thats my best. Anyone got the Beta version my link to the download does not work looking into it my end but don't know if its just me :(.

On another note you could do this yourself wi8th your set.. Just pick a character and draw 3 warlocks quests and see how long it takes you to complete them one at a time :). Might try that myself while I'm waiting :).

#43 Nidhögg

Nidhögg

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:41 PM

Played the demo a couple of times and found some "bugs"…

1. I dropped a item in the Village. Next time I landed there I didn't have the option to pick it up.

2. I had to roll the die at the Chasm, even though I had the Guide as my follower.

3. When I tried to walk through the Portal of Power and rolled on my strenght, the game didn't include the bonus strenght for my Unicorn and my Belt of Might.

4. I actually entered the Inner Region later to see how it worked and found out that you had to encounter the spaces there each time you land on them, even when you decide to turn back. That is not correct.

5. Maybee not a bug, but the game reminded me each turn that I had trophy-points to spend, but I wanted to save them untill later. The reminder was a bit annoying after a while…

Hope I helped you sort out some misstakes. I liked the demo otherwise and can't wait for the full game!

#44 BanthaFodder

BanthaFodder

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:37 AM

Carl,

Any chance you guys can try out using virtualbox? I am assuming that you have macs if you are planning to do an iPad version?

I did upgrade to the latest level but no joy. Such a shame. All the other effects work, the rolling dice, the sweeps in and out of the board.

For some reason the cards are not being rendered.

I would raise via your own forums but you won't let me register unless I pre-order and there is no point me pre-ordering if it won't work

in my environment. Chicken. Egg.

#45 Nomad_Carl

Nomad_Carl

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:07 AM

Hi guys,

To save filling up this forum with bugs, please send them to -

support@nomadgames.co.uk

And we'll be happy to reply to you in person.

I'll just cover some points though…

@Uvatha - 8 turns! That's pretty good! The average for that quest is around 16 turns. We're hoping to implement leaderboard support in the future so that these kinds of scores can be posted up for all to see!

@Nidhögg - 

1. I dropped a item in the Village. Next time I landed there I didn't have the option to pick it up. -  yes, that's a bug. It's not 100% though, but happens now and then.

2. I had to roll the die at the Chasm, even though I had the Guide as my follower. - Bug!

3. When I tried to walk through the Portal of Power and rolled on my strenght, the game didn't include the bonus strenght for my Unicorn and my Belt of Might. - Bug!

4. I actually entered the Inner Region later to see how it worked and found out that you had to encounter the spaces there each time you land on them, even when you decide to turn back. That is not correct. - Although this is not correct with regards to the board game rules, we are considering leaving this as it is because of how our quest structure works - you should never need to come back out of the Inner Region. We'll look into it though and may still change it.

5. Maybee not a bug, but the game reminded me each turn that I had trophy-points to spend, but I wanted to save them untill later. The reminder was a bit annoying after a while… - the reminder is mainly for newcomers to Talisman. People unfamiliar with the rules who've played Prologue very often forget to trade-in their trophies. It's not that often that you'll want to save them for later anyway. We'll change this for the multiplayer game though.

Glad you liked the demo!

@BanthaFodder -  Is it possible to assign more memory to your GPU?. The card rendering uses off-screen render targets which require lots of memory. Give it a try and let us know.

@Greggyjay - Awesome! Glad you like it!

Carl

#46 BanthaFodder

BanthaFodder

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:15 AM

Carl,

I will continue this on email but for completeness for anyone following the thread one last post for now… (I will ultimately update with a final resolution)

I assume that this is 2D as we are talking about just card images.

I'm not an expert on virtualization but I think the 3D is passed on to the host's GPU , I don't remember how much memory on the GPU, I think 1GB but if there is actually any 3D it seems to runs fine.

In the management settings on the virtual box I can only go up to 128MB for allocated but after a bit of research it seems I can bump that to 256MB on the command line only so I will give that a try tonight. From what I have seen, that might be the absolute limit currently.

#47 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:42 AM

I have pre order the game today

I have play already the first mission with the warrior:)

#48 Triple A

Triple A

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:42 AM

I also got the pre-order, and have played through a couple of quests.

My initial impressions:

- good reproduction of game components, looks and feels like real Talisman

- as a solo game, it's different - but I like the variety of quests

- board game has so many elements / options to keep track of - very nice to have all that taken care of automatically

- good music, not sure how long with all tracks put together - but might consider playing music during real games  

- as an avid Talisman player with all expansions, I feel a strong need for greater variety of cards

- no real sense of danger of being killed - I never dropped below 3 Life and always had more than enough Fate or Gold - confident that I will complete quest just a metter of how long 

#49 Uvatha

Uvatha

• Members
  • 605 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:30 PM

Just found this!

NOW thats one cool card… Any more? could be I'm thinking.

#50 Thee Forsaken One

Thee Forsaken One

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:54 PM

I've drawn her several times while playing. I was wondering why I couldn't remember her. I did not realise she was brand new. She's incredibly powerful as it is and much needed with some of the quests.

#51 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

Talisman Veteran

• Members
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:07 PM

This is the exactly what I wanted the Gypsy to have as one of her special abilities!!!

Ell.

#52 Persiatic

Persiatic

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:38 AM

Uvatha said:

Just found this!

Well you have a similar follower in the Dragon expansion, If I remember correctly it's called Frarie Dragon or something like that

#53 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:08 AM

Uvatha said:

Just found this!

That´s a cool card! :)

#54 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:12 AM

Uvatha said:

Played the demo did warrior first mission in 8 turns thats my best. Anyone got the Beta version my link to the download does not work looking into it my end but don't know if its just me :(.

On another note you could do this yourself wi8th your set.. Just pick a character and draw 3 warlocks quests and see how long it takes you to complete them one at a time :). Might try that myself while I'm waiting :).

Hey Uvatha,

You did the first mission in 8 turns? Wow, Good Job!

I could not get it faster than 14 turns, but it's all about the cards and the die.

#55 BanthaFodder

BanthaFodder

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:44 AM

Velhart said:

Uvatha said:

Hey Uvatha,

You did the first mission in 8 turns? Wow, Good Job!

I could not get it faster than 14 turns, but it's all about the cards and the die.

I did the first Warrior mission in 10 turns without being able to see any of the cards….  

#56 Nomad_Carl

Nomad_Carl

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:31 AM

Glad you all like the Clairvoyant. Because many of the quests rely on you landing on specific board spaces, I thought it would be best to add a follower who gave you a better chance to land on those spaces.

Anyone recognise her?

@Triple "A" - - no real sense of danger of being killed - I never dropped below 3 Life and always had more than enough Fate or Gold - confident that I will complete quest just a metter of how long - Don't forget that you're playing the early quests in the game and things do get tougher. Plus, the scoring mechanic in this game is all about how efficient you are with your turns, so you could have many lives and lots of strength, but if it takes you a long time to get to that point, then you will score badly!

Carl

#57 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:18 AM

I saw my first error (bug)

Blizard effects the land and i could still roll the die in the middle region.. hmm

#58 talismanisland

talismanisland

• Members
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:15 PM

Velhart said:

As Carl said above, for Beta users (which you are, I know!) it would be better if you posted these to the Prologue forums, so the guys can keep this sort of thing in one place.

For Demo users, email is the best course of action - support@nomadgames.co.uk

Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#59 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:45 AM

talismanisland said:

Velhart said:

As Carl said above, for Beta users (which you are, I know!) it would be better if you posted these to the Prologue forums, so the guys can keep this sort of thing in one place.

For Demo users, email is the best course of action - support@nomadgames.co.uk

Hello Jon:)

You are right.

I have registered myself now, so i have posted the question there:)

I agree that we can better keep all these questions in one place:)

Greetings,

Velhart

#60 Quartzquiz

Quartzquiz

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:11 AM

So I see now that the pre-order demo now includes the Wizard. Is it possible for any of us who already have the original pre-order to upgrade so we can getthe Wizard too?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS