Photo

Where are you from? (A chance to make connections in your area.)

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#141 Whitefro

Whitefro

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

Aurora CO I've really fallen in love with the lcgs that I've played so far (AGoT and SW). I would love to find some people to play with, right now its just my Dad and myself. We're also in to the AGoT 2nd ed board game, Battles of Westeros (and BattleLore for that matter, though the new system puts the old one to shame), and X Wing. Though we're also open to trying new games, the biggest problem is finding people to play with. There's a game store called Crit Castle in Aurora off of Buckley between 6th and Alameda (near Pickens Tech). They opened up back in September I believe, seem to be decent people, but the store is a little sparse at times. Next closest I think is Collectorsmania in Parker and Enchanted Grounds in Highlands Ranch. The problem with all three is that MtG is firmly established as the card game of choice, but maybe we can start the revolution.

#142 superradjoe

superradjoe

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

Whitefro said:

Aurora CO I've really fallen in love with the lcgs that I've played so far (AGoT and SW). I would love to find some people to play with, right now its just my Dad and myself. We're also in to the AGoT 2nd ed board game, Battles of Westeros (and BattleLore for that matter, though the new system puts the old one to shame), and X Wing. Though we're also open to trying new games, the biggest problem is finding people to play with. There's a game store called Crit Castle in Aurora off of Buckley between 6th and Alameda (near Pickens Tech). They opened up back in September I believe, seem to be decent people, but the store is a little sparse at times. Next closest I think is Collectorsmania in Parker and Enchanted Grounds in Highlands Ranch. The problem with all three is that MtG is firmly established as the card game of choice, but maybe we can start the revolution.

the key should be to coexist, not to overthrow MTG

#143 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

Whitefro said:

Cool, another CO player. I am in the springs. I have been to the Enchanted Grounds - it is a nice place. Do you ever get as far south as the springs?

Welcome to the machine!

#144 Whitefro

Whitefro

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:54 AM

Unfortunately, I probably wouldn't be able to make it to the springs very often. Actually have had this same problem with some of the other games we've tried playing: are there people in CO playing? yes. Great! Where are they? CO Springs…*sigh*. Its not too bad of a trip and I hate to complain and then say  why don't you come north, but it just is a bit rough to make the trip down there on a regular basis.

I'm not familiar with what all is exactly in Castle Rock, but that would definately be a nice meeting place if there is somewhere in the area (Not quite halfway but I think halfway between Denver and the springs is just rolling hills and highway). Enchanted Grounds would definately be nice, but that's even further for you. 

@superradjoe

I suppose, its just hard to coexist when despite there being plenty of great games out there, the gamer portion of the 2.5 million people living in the Denver-metro area seem to be set on a very small selection of games; I like plurality in my life. 

#145 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:51 AM

So I know of at least one other person in the Denver area that is on the forums. I will engage with enchanted grounds and see if they have something local there going on with SW:LCG.  If they do, I will let you know and try to plug the CSprings people in as well. It would be cool to have some sort of central CO monthly tournament. We could even bounce it around from location to location; saving everyone a little from time to time.

Welcome to the machine!

#146 CrimsonWraith

CrimsonWraith

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:04 AM

MasterJediAdam said:

So I know of at least one other person in the Denver area that is on the forums. I will engage with enchanted grounds and see if they have something local there going on with SW:LCG.  If they do, I will let you know and try to plug the CSprings people in as well. It would be cool to have some sort of central CO monthly tournament. We could even bounce it around from location to location; saving everyone a little from time to time.

I love the idea of monthly statewide tournaments at a central location.  I think we're going to be seeing a lot of headway in getting Denver/Springs folk together in the near future.  We just started a joint venture of sorts going on with some of the Denver folk for Netrunner, where we've got a Yahoo group set up to keep track of Netrunner events state-wide.  We'll make some more contacts while we're at GenghisCon in a couple weeks and see if we can maybe set up some events ourselves.  The Yahoo group thing is actually pretty nice; joining the group just adds you to an email list, and then whenever myself or someone else sends out an email about an event, everyone in the group receives it.  I may just go ahead and start up a Colorado Yahoo group for all LCGs, if there's interest.

#147 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:49 PM

CrimsonWraith said:

MasterJediAdam said:

I love the idea of monthly statewide tournaments at a central location.  I think we're going to be seeing a lot of headway in getting Denver/Springs folk together in the near future.  We just started a joint venture of sorts going on with some of the Denver folk for Netrunner, where we've got a Yahoo group set up to keep track of Netrunner events state-wide.  We'll make some more contacts while we're at GenghisCon in a couple weeks and see if we can maybe set up some events ourselves.  The Yahoo group thing is actually pretty nice; joining the group just adds you to an email list, and then whenever myself or someone else sends out an email about an event, everyone in the group receives it.  I may just go ahead and start up a Colorado Yahoo group for all LCGs, if there's interest.

Wraith

Let's talk more about this on Tuesday. I have done something similar before with SWCCG and found it fairly effective also. There is no sense in duplicating effort.

Welcome to the machine!

#148 D0CT0R

D0CT0R

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:16 AM

I am London, England

#149 Pants

Pants

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:09 PM

-- Overland Park, KS --

#150 dj9091

dj9091

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:23 AM

Greetings!

My wife and I live in San Antonio and if there are any other San Anotnio folks out there playing this game, it would be great to get togheter and play with new folks!

DJ

#151 mmichal555

mmichal555

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:00 AM

Poland - Gorzow Wielkopolski

#152 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:10 AM

mmichal555 said:

Poland - Gorzow Wielkopolski

Do you also play SWCCG?

Welcome to the machine!

#153 Palomarus

Palomarus

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:03 AM

Hooper, UT.

Always looking to met some people and get some games in.

#154 NightGoblinShaman

NightGoblinShaman

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:34 PM

Hi Everyone,

I am from the Port Charlotte/Fort Myers, Florida area. Always looking to meet people and get in a few games in… Just let me know

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS