Is WFRP 3e being killed off?

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#101 darkgritty

darkgritty

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:25 AM

If you and your group have such profound experience and played averything 3 editions have to offer - have you considered designing your own campaign - you have all the material and skill needed for that. When I started playng  pen and paper rpgs, we didn't have any rules or modules or designed adventures at all, so we created everything ourselves. Wanna play in Lustria, Araby or Cathay (maybe even Nippon) - you got a hell of a background information you can use from real world history AND all the cards and dice and stuff you ever need if you bought all those 3e expansions.

#102 ragnar63

ragnar63

• Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:22 AM

Already doing that so that it can be published on LF, but not everybody has the time to do that.

As to the communication problem, when FFG will not communicate with successful freelancers that they have used before, despite repeated requests, you know there IS a communication problem

#103 Ixiguis

Ixiguis

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:07 AM

asri said:

As noted we are currently sold out of the item, but fear not there is a reprint right around the corner! It's on the docket and will be back in stock shortly!

Hmm, that was about 4 months ago…

#104 evilidler

evilidler

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:12 AM

UncleArkie said:

there are plenty of FLGS' that have them in stock, Orc's Nest is one, so I don't think we have to yell DICEPOCALYPSE! Just yet.

They don't have them online, so I'd say the dicepocalypse has started :)

#105 Beren Eoath

Beren Eoath

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

This system is not dead but dying and it's not Dying In The Light ;p. FFG just slowly stops to support it.

And about reprints of dice or anything to WFRP3e - I send a messege to one of the FFG distribution companies in Europe and they said that they contacted FFG and got an negative anwser. That in the near future there will be no reprints for WFRP 3e system - so no dice packa or any expansions. 

All this sytuation reminds of what happend to WFRP 2e. Fans also asked FFG to not drop the line, do not close it. And FFG said ok will still support it and then come Shades Of The Empire and Career Compendium and that was the end of 2e. That's just a thought but if I were You I would prepare myself for the comming end.

Cheers

PS. The W40k lines are selling well so I think FFG will not drop the licence and still support them, especialy Only War which is new. But W40k line are a lot more popular the WFRP. So the main reason for a change of WFRP system would be - the game is not selling that well. I got a proof for that seeing many shop that I know are selling WFRP products for half of the price just to get rip of them. Sorry but the truth is that I don't see a future for this game as it is now. It's need changes, some Tzeentch blessings, so that it could come back to the top bestselling  RPGs.

#106 DurakBlackaxe

DurakBlackaxe

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

Beren Eoath said:

I send a messege to one of the FFG distribution companies in Europe and they said that they contacted FFG and got an negative anwser. That in the near future there will be no reprints for WFRP 3e system - so no dice packa or any expansions. bestselling  RPGs.

So the only way to get dice packs is via the core then or make your own, drat wish I bought the game when it first came out, was plenty of dice packs back then.

Apart from the dice, what is in the core pack that be any use to anyone?  That you havent already got from the expansions.

There are so many products people are seeking, you think they get those out the way first before they closed shop.

All I can think off the top of my head is source material for the races/creatures for Wood/High elves, lustria, etc. The missing higher level careers.

#107 UncleArkie

UncleArkie

• Members
  • 691 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:26 AM

Stop whipping up a doomsday frenzy. What your local shop or supplier does when they say that there is nothing in the pipe line is look at the same webpage we look at on the upcoming page, if you look at that there are 6 RPG products coming from FFG in all of 2013 and one of them is a for the abbysmal Anima game, two are for various 40K lines and 3 are for the new Star Wars line (including dice).

Game shops don't have magic connections neither do destributors, they look at the product availability, same as us. A lot of them just want to make it sounds like they have any idea what is going on, 9 out of 10 cases they don't.

#108 Superchunk

Superchunk

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:22 AM

I am not sure why you guys need so many dice? I have 6 players sharing the Core Set dice and we can play just fine. Granted I use a tablet to roll my GM dice, but aside from that, I think the core set dice are enough.

#109 Eradico Pravus

Eradico Pravus

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

Superchunk said:

I am not sure why you guys need so many dice? I have 6 players sharing the Core Set dice and we can play just fine. Granted I use a tablet to roll my GM dice, but aside from that, I think the core set dice are enough.

We play at a pretty big table… and it's usually loaded with miniatures, landscape settings, bags of chips, and so on. For us it would be a pain sharing dice across a table that size. Plus my GM encourages fast play for skill checks. For example during combat if I'm third in party initiative, at the top of the round I'm already deciding which action card to use, putting together my dice pool, etc., so I'm ready to roll when my turn comes. Sharing one core set of dice with four players (and in our case also the GM) would make play (imo)  interminable.

#110 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

Eradico Pravus said:

We play at a pretty big table… and it's usually loaded with miniatures, landscape settings, bags of chips, and so on. For us it would be a pain sharing dice across a table that size. Plus my GM encourages fast play for skill checks. For example during combat if I'm third in party initiative, at the top of the round I'm already deciding which action card to use, putting together my dice pool, etc., so I'm ready to roll when my turn comes. Sharing one core set of dice with four players (and in our case also the GM) would make play (imo)  interminable.

You forgot to note what takes up the most space:  Dead PCs !  Bu hahah  ha ha ha!

#111 evilidler

evilidler

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:46 PM

Dead characters mean less space wasted on the table. Need more purple & black dice >:)

#112 Beren Eoath

Beren Eoath

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:48 PM

The game is not and will not be supported the way it was. It's not saleing the way it was. I worked for 7 years in a game shop and I tell You the bestsaleing  things from RPGs are always the core sets. And when FFG makes a big sale fro WFRP 3e it's a sign form shops that soon they will not support the line - talking form expierience.

About the dice - I don't know what You're grumble about. When Yopu have the core set it's all the diece You need. When You bneed more buy GM Vault. I really don't understand why You need more. I played this game from beginnig with 4 players and me as a GM, we never had any problem with the number of dice in the game.

Cheers

PS> Please, FFG make WFRP to look like SW RPGs - Edge Of The Empire. And when You do a new edition please make a Begginers Game for it. pillo

#113 Superchunk

Superchunk

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:06 AM

I guess to each their own. I don't use any landscapes or battle maps and we barely have any combats so far so one set works for us, Plus I have two players using tablets now with dice apps so we only have 4 players that need to use the core dice. It does take them some time to assemble their dice pools, but in the end, I try to minimize the rolls anyways and use them only for those really important checks.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS