Photo

Millennium Falcon, Slave 1, TIE Interceptor, and A-wing!!

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 qwertyuiop

qwertyuiop

• Members
  • 815 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:05 PM

drkjedi35 said:

qwertyuiop said:

drkjedi35 said:

I did notice that one of the Falcon pilots have a 1 Pilot Skill Value.  Leia maybe?

So what are you trying to say?

Just assuming that Leia is not a good pilot.  Or maybe its C-3PO.

Roy

;)

#42 vadersson

vadersson

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:39 PM

BTW, I updated the spreadsheet with all the information I could find.

Looks like the A-wing picture was changed and corrected.  No Barrel Roll for A-wings.

Looking at the Falcon, I think the two lowest pilots are different YT-1300s.  A base model for the lowest skill and another smuggler for the next lowest skill.  I think that Neib and Chewie are gunners or co-pilots, but I did not see them on cards.

The Intercepter second highest rated pilot appears to start with a T, which to me makes him Turr.  3rd higest is something with the 181st I think.

Anyone figure anything else out, I will update the spreadsheet.

Thanks,

Duncan

Gold 109 (ret.)

Wesa need Gungans!

#43 Parakitor

Parakitor

• Members
  • 950 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:06 AM

In addition to Concussion Missiles and Cluster Missiles the A-wing appears to have Homing Missiles. Anybody want to second that? If it's true it would be pretty sweet!

EDIT: And I believe the other upgrade reads "Push Through" but it's impossible to know for sure at this point.

EDIT 2: And do my eyes deceive me or does the Slave I come with seismic charges? Danger!

"That starship won't fly, Bastila."

#44 Agrivar

Agrivar

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:40 AM

Parakitor said:

[…] EDIT: And I believe the other upgrade reads "Push Through" but it's impossible to know for sure at this point. 

It could also be "Push Throttle".

#45 herozeromes

herozeromes

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:59 AM

Agrivar said:

Parakitor said:

[…] EDIT: And I believe the other upgrade reads "Push Through" but it's impossible to know for sure at this point. 

It could also be "Push Throttle".

Punch It?

#46 vadersson

vadersson

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:34 AM

Good call on the Homing Missile.  Both Slave I and the A-wing seem to have it.  That would match what we saw in Episode II from Slave I.

I also agree that looks like the wonderful seismic charge.  Based on that, I suspect that upgrade icon is for Mines.

Once I get enough stuff, I will post the spreadsheet again.  Hopefully next Friday we will get a proper preview with card images.

Thanks,

Duncan

Gold 109 (ret.)

Wesa need Gungans!

#47 vadersson

vadersson

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:41 AM

Dude!  I just totally noticed that the right most upper row upgrade card is Luke Skywalker.  This picture is Luke in the gun turret from ANH.

The next card appears to be Nieb Numb, the picture is him in a red suit, you can just see the edge of his face and the title looks like his name.  

After that is Chewbacca.  The picture may be an arm, and the name appears to start CHE.  So I think that is where we will see the "co-pilots" and "gunners".

Thanks,

Duncan

Gold 109 (ret.)

Wesa need Gungans!

#48 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:32 AM

Wow. How you guys make all that stuff out is beyond me. Good work fellows!

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#49 Starsky

Starsky

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:35 AM

OOpps, Sorry Raven Blade. In my own fanboy rage, I missed the fact it was a Super Star Destroyer.  Thanks for pointing that out! haha

RavenBlade666 said:

In regards to the A-wing, i'm sure I read in the rogue squadron series that A-wings could move their guns 180 degrees so they could fire vertically aswell as horizontally.

Starsky said:

Also, in the A-Wing's description I call foul saying the A-Wing had a affect on a Star Destroyer. The pilot got hit, slammed into the star destroyer's command bay when their shields were down. Bad call FFG! Love the game though.

Prior to the A-wing crashing in RoTJ 2 A-Wings took out the bridge deflector shield on the Executor, which allowed other A-wing to slam into the bridge otherwise A-wing would have hit the bridge deflector shield and blown up probably taking the shields out but leaving the Bridge intact.  So all in all it took 3 A-wings to take down one of most deadly captial ships of it's time, so maybe not a Star destroyer but a super star destroyer yes.

#50 Flynnard

Flynnard

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:50 AM

RavenBlade666 said:

In regards to the A-wing, i'm sure I read in the rogue squadron series that A-wings could move their guns 180 degrees so they could fire vertically aswell as horizontally.

Starsky said:

Also, in the A-Wing's description I call foul saying the A-Wing had a affect on a Star Destroyer. The pilot got hit, slammed into the star destroyer's command bay when their shields were down. Bad call FFG! Love the game though.

Prior to the A-wing crashing in RoTJ 2 A-Wings took out the bridge deflector shield on the Executor, which allowed other A-wing to slam into the bridge otherwise A-wing would have hit the bridge deflector shield and blown up probably taking the shields out but leaving the Bridge intact.  So all in all it took 3 A-wings to take down one of most deadly captial ships of it's time, so maybe not a Star destroyer but a super star destroyer yes.

Actually the A wing Guns have a 360 degree firing arc because the would flip them back and shoot the pursuing crafts making them a nasty fighter interceptor.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS