Photo

Millennium Falcon, Slave 1, TIE Interceptor, and A-wing!!

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 DavicusPrime

DavicusPrime

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:13 AM

Noticed that the Falcon has two Stress tokens.  Now I wonder why it would need two?

Also, an Ionized token, which means Ion Cannons are an option.

very curious.

-DavicusPrime

#22 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:16 AM

herozeromes said:

I called it as far as the pilots who would be in the release for the Falcon. However, I really thought they'd introduce a co-pilot component as one of the marquee features of this expansion, so the fact that Han, Chewie, Lando, and Nien are all separate pilots bums me out. Now, the announcement does say that they bring some rule changes to the game so I suppose that could be one of them, but it doesn't look promising.

I'm relieved that we don't have to bother with copilots, but that's just me.

I hope I scrounge up enough money by Christmas to get these, but I doubt I'll get more than one of each.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#23 SteveSpikes

SteveSpikes

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:39 AM

Budgernaut said:

herozeromes said:

I called it as far as the pilots who would be in the release for the Falcon. However, I really thought they'd introduce a co-pilot component as one of the marquee features of this expansion, so the fact that Han, Chewie, Lando, and Nien are all separate pilots bums me out. Now, the announcement does say that they bring some rule changes to the game so I suppose that could be one of them, but it doesn't look promising.

I'm relieved that we don't have to bother with copilots, but that's just me.

I hope I scrounge up enough money by Christmas to get these, but I doubt I'll get more than one of each.

Have other people do the scrounching, and ask for them for Christmas -- at least part of the set.

#24 DavicusPrime

DavicusPrime

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:46 AM

SteveSpikes said:

Have other people do the scrounching, and ask for them for Christmas -- at least part of the set.

I intend on doing both.   Technically, my first wave order is me buying my own B-Day Prezzy.  I'll be asking for cash for X-Mas to be able to do the same thing plus saving my pennies.  I may have to look into selling off some terrain and/or 40K minis to further finance my second wave order.

-DavicusPrime

#25 thatfargone

thatfargone

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:57 AM

drkjedi35 said:

I think the cost will vary by pilot.  But that might be an 8 Hull value.  I did notice that one of the Falcon pilots have a 1 Pilot Skill Value.  Leia maybe?

Roy

Lando Calrissian ain't too bad of a Falcon pilot either

#26 Nalydd

Nalydd

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:03 AM

thatfargone said:

drkjedi35 said:

I think the cost will vary by pilot.  But that might be an 8 Hull value.  I did notice that one of the Falcon pilots have a 1 Pilot Skill Value.  Leia maybe?

Roy

Lando Calrissian ain't too bad of a Falcon pilot either

Yes there was his little maneuver at the battle of Tannab (listing to the right wasn't it?)

#27 drkjedi35

drkjedi35

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:19 AM

Shanturin said:

Roy, are we both talking about the same picture? This one? -> http://www.fantasyfl...wx08-layout.png

'Cause to me the second action on the visible (the last to the right) card is certainly NOT Target Lock ;) 

Ninja edit: DavicusPrime - diffrent pilots having diffrent actions on the same ship? That's an intresting idea.

This is a screencapture of the image that I'm looking at taken from the news article. Looks a little different than your image.

Looks like Target Lock to me and is obviously different than yours.

Roy

#28 Shanturin

Shanturin

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:28 AM

Well then, I have no idea why both pictures differ. I keep refreshing the news article (link from main page) a there's still barrel roll. Nevermind, the important part is that my version is obviously wrong and thanks for pointing that out (if not, i would probably proxy the wrong A-wing today :P)

May my blade be sharp. May I sculpt a new fate for my enemies.

#29 Flynnard

Flynnard

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:32 AM

It seems like the A wing should have more fore power and shields than they gave it.  The A wing could ram other ships with little to no damage sustained.

#30 Parakitor

Parakitor

• Members
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:44 PM

Flynnard said:

It seems like the A wing should have more fore power and shields than they gave it.  The A wing could ram other ships with little to no damage sustained.

Really? What's your reference on that one?

Also for others who have posted, the icons at the bottom of the A-wing ship cards are clearly Focus, Target Lock, a new one which I assume is Boost, and Evade. In that order.

"That starship won't fly, Bastila."

#31 Starsky

Starsky

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:21 PM

I don't know if this has been said, but the Falcon's 360 rotation is due to the gun turrets above and below the fuselage. Also, in the A-Wing's description I call foul saying the A-Wing had a affect on a Star Destroyer. The pilot got hit, slammed into the star destroyer's command bay when their shields were down. Bad call FFG! Love the game though.

#32 Flynnard

Flynnard

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:53 PM

Parakitor said:

Flynnard said:

Also for others who have posted, the icons at the bottom of the A-wing ship cards are clearly Focus, Target Lock, a new one which I assume is Boost, and Evade. In that order.

The Fact that the A Wing had the next generation shield generator giving it more output.

#33 Hrathen

Hrathen

• Members
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:21 PM

Flynnard said:

Parakitor said:

Flynnard said:

The Fact that the A Wing had the next generation shield generator giving it more output.

I have been a big fan of SW for my whole life, and I have read lots of the extra stuff out there.  Granted not all of it.  I have no doubt that some reference book or website out there discussed these "next generation shields" but I have never heard of them before.

The A-Wing in general is a smaller, faster more agile fighter than the x-wing.  In the computer game as well as the role playing game it had less hits than other rebel fighters.  Instead it was harder to hit.  I think FFG capture that well.

With the exception of the TIE bomber, TIE fighters progress from abundant, but not that impressive (like the standard TIE) to more impressive craft that were increasingly rare (like the TIE advanced and TIE defender).

Rebel craft on the other hand seemed to be more nitch based, with each craft excelling in its own area, but not being an all arround better craft.

Putting an end to this distructive conflict and bringing order to the galaxy.

#34 Agrivar

Agrivar

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:06 PM

In the "X-wing" computer game, the shield rating of the A-wing was the same as the X-wing, so I don't know from there it comes the reference to a "next-generation shield generator. As a matter of fact, in the "X-wing" computer game the A-wing was the only rebel fighter that almost never could survive a collision with a TIE Fighter (in the X-wing and the Y-wing you would lose all shields and the hull would be damaged, but the fighter would survive).

The pilot and upgrade cards for the "A-wing Expansion Pack" seems to be "Tycho Celchu (Skill 8)", Arvel Crynyd (Skill 6), Green Squadron Pilot (Skill 4) and some generic pilot pit Skill 1. The upgrade cards are the Elite Talents "Deadeye" and "Push Throttle" and the Secondary Weapons "Concussion Missiles", "Cluster Missiles", and what seems to be a third missile-type secondary weapon ("Advanced Concussion Missiles"? "Homing Concussion Missiles"?).

No mention to swivel cannons or sensor jamming systems, though.

In the "TIE Interceptor Expansion Pack" I identify a "Fresh Recruit (Skill 1)", "Avenger Squadron Pilot (Skill 3), "Saber Squadron Pilot (Skill 4)" and "Soontir Fel (Skill 9)". The Skill 5 unidentified pilot has the red stripes of the 181st ("Fel's Wrath"? "Tur Phennir"?) and there is a remaining Skill 7 pilot. The upgrade cards are "Daredevil" and "Elusiveness". (The "Elusiveness" card appears also in the "Millenium Falcon Expansion Pack").

I find it curious that there are Skill 1 pilots por the A-wing and the TIE Interceptor, when these fighters should be given only to elite pilots, but a rookie X-wing pilot has an higher Skill 2.

#35 RavenBlade666

RavenBlade666

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:08 AM

In regards to the A-wing, i'm sure I read in the rogue squadron series that A-wings could move their guns 180 degrees so they could fire vertically aswell as horizontally.

Starsky said:

Also, in the A-Wing's description I call foul saying the A-Wing had a affect on a Star Destroyer. The pilot got hit, slammed into the star destroyer's command bay when their shields were down. Bad call FFG! Love the game though.

Prior to the A-wing crashing in RoTJ 2 A-Wings took out the bridge deflector shield on the Executor, which allowed other A-wing to slam into the bridge otherwise A-wing would have hit the bridge deflector shield and blown up probably taking the shields out but leaving the Bridge intact.  So all in all it took 3 A-wings to take down one of most deadly captial ships of it's time, so maybe not a Star destroyer but a super star destroyer yes.

#36 sverigesson

sverigesson

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:55 AM

herozeromes said:

I think this is a foregone conclusion. For one they only mention those four, and then go on to say "and more". First of all, I find it hard to believe that any of these four have a pilot skill of 1, which is generally reserved for the greenest of pilots. My guess is at least the pilot skill one is a generic pilot (or perhaps, as mentioned, Leia), and Chewie and Nien Nunb are indeed copilot options. Secondly, it wouldn't make much sense to make one or more generic Firespray pilot cards (which I think we all agree is somewhat likely) and not have at least one generic YT-1300. Here's hoping, I want co-pilots!

#37 Hrathen

Hrathen

• Members
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:17 AM

RavenBlade666 said:

In regards to the A-wing, i'm sure I read in the rogue squadron series that A-wings could move their guns 180 degrees so they could fire vertically aswell as horizontally.

Starsky said:

Also, in the A-Wing's description I call foul saying the A-Wing had a affect on a Star Destroyer. The pilot got hit, slammed into the star destroyer's command bay when their shields were down. Bad call FFG! Love the game though.

Prior to the A-wing crashing in RoTJ 2 A-Wings took out the bridge deflector shield on the Executor, which allowed other A-wing to slam into the bridge otherwise A-wing would have hit the bridge deflector shield and blown up probably taking the shields out but leaving the Bridge intact.  So all in all it took 3 A-wings to take down one of most deadly captial ships of it's time, so maybe not a Star destroyer but a super star destroyer yes.

But just before that Ackbar Ordered "All Cruisers, concentrate your fire on that Super Star Destroyer"  I think we need to give an entire fleet of MC80's at least the assist.

Putting an end to this distructive conflict and bringing order to the galaxy.

#38 qwertyuiop

qwertyuiop

• Members
  • 815 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:13 AM

drkjedi35 said:

I did notice that one of the Falcon pilots have a 1 Pilot Skill Value.  Leia maybe?

So what are you trying to say?

#39 RavenBlade666

RavenBlade666

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:20 AM

Hrathen said:

RavenBlade666 said:

Starsky said:

But just before that Ackbar Ordered "All Cruisers, concentrate your fire on that Super Star Destroyer"  I think we need to give an entire fleet of MC80's at least the assist.

I agree plus the MC80s' did take a far bit of punishment for their assist

#40 drkjedi35

drkjedi35

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:57 AM

qwertyuiop said:

drkjedi35 said:

I did notice that one of the Falcon pilots have a 1 Pilot Skill Value.  Leia maybe?

So what are you trying to say?

Just assuming that Leia is not a good pilot.  Or maybe its C-3PO.

Roy

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS