Genesis Data Pack Cycle

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#41 Saturnine

Saturnine

• Members
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:06 AM

The status of the first Data Pack has been updated to "shipping" on the Upcoming page. Still will be a few weeks before I'll have it in my hands, but at least there's an update. :)

#42 Rince

Rince

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:55 AM

booored said:

I just think it is a bit of a let down, we get all these cool personalities for runners makign them fun and interesting, while corporations are all the same.. I still think it would have been better to do it the other way.. but i suppose it is to late now.

I fail to see the issue here.

First of all, corporations will still get new cards, which will greatly diversify them on the long run. You are not stuck with the same cards. The Haas-Bioroid you are playing now is not the Haas-Bioroid you will be playing a year from now. New cards will keep the game fresh and entertaining.

Secondly, it is the same concept in almost all other card games out there, and it works fine. At least, I don't see anyone in Magic the Gathering crying for a purple or pink mana because they feel the five basic colors are boring. sonreir And that game has been on the market for over 15 years! Each new cycle brings new life to the existing identities, whether it is a color of mana, a sect in the Cthulhu mythos, or a mega corporation.

Lastly, all those "cool new personalities" for the runners are nothing but a pretty picture and a line of text that gives you a special ability. Should you get subsidiaries, divisions, or even public faces for the corporations, it would be the exact same thing! Although, I believe that even that is unnecessary. If we are "stuck" with the same four corporations, the game will still remain fresh with new cards that open up previously unseen possibilities. In fact, I am kind of hoping we won't see new identities for the corporations because, as in real life, I do not expect them to change from one day to the other.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS