Status just switched to "Now Shipping".

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Highball

Highball

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:26 AM

Looks like FFG finally updated the status of the game to shipping to retailers now.

I guess we can confirm that we are playing this week!

#2 Highball

Highball

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:27 AM

I should note that as expected the dice are still on a boat.

#3 Aahzmandius_Karrde

Aahzmandius_Karrde

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:44 AM

That's an update then.  Last I saw the dice were still at the printers.

Welcome to the FFG Star Wars RPG Index 

#4 El_Tonio

El_Tonio

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:50 AM

I called FFG about an hour ago and told them their page needed to be updated since it was now selling at Target.  I learned a few things folks might want to know.

1. The starter and expansions are shipping at the same time.

2. The dice are definitely shipping later. So, if you don't want your preorder delayed, you should remove the dice pack to be safe.

3. They were as surprised as we were that it was selling at Target (I think they shipped it to them but they were not supposed to start selling it until the 19th).

4. The goal was to let LGS get it first, and hopefully by the end of this week. 

5. It has been shipped to distributors and distributors have the ok to ship to LGS. 

6. Some LGS will see them as early as tomorrow if they are close to the distributor (and the rest hopefully by the end of the week).

I think that covers everything I asked about. Why they couldn't have told us this sooner or updated things better along the way I still do not know.

EDIT: CoolStuffInc just confirmed they are expecting their stock this week and will ship on a first order first shipped basis. 

EDIT 2: Miniature Market confirmed they are expecting their stuff by Friday and that they will start shipping on Monday at the latest.  They also confirmed they are expecting starters and expansions, but NOT the dice. 

Publish

REBEL: 5 X-Wing  •  3 Y-Wing  •  2 A-Wing  •  3 YT-1300  •  4 B-Wing  •  1 HWK-290  •  7 Z-95 Headhunter  •  2 E-Wing

IMPERIAL: 8 TIE Fighter  •  2 TIE Advanced X1  •  5 TIE Interceptor  • 3 Firespray 31  •  6 TIE Bomber  •  2 Lambda Class Shuttle  •  2 TIE Phantom  •  2 TIE Defender

FIRST PLACE:  2012 Kessel Run (Amazing Discoveries, Tucson AZ); 2013 Regional (Amazing Discoveries, Tucson AZ); 2013 Regional (Imperial Outpost, Glendale AZ); 2014 Store Championship (Desert Sky Games, Gilbert AZ); 2014 Assault on Imdaar Alpha (Game Depot, Tempe AZ)

#5 supremespleen

supremespleen

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:01 AM

For anyone in the Midwest, I just hit up Chicagoland Games: The Dice Dojo regarding when they'll have it in store and got the following response!

"First we have to get the actual game, we will be receiving the game plus the ]Y-Wing and TIE Advanced expansions on Thursday. The next set of expansions including the Millennium Falcon are set for December."

#6 SteveSpikes

SteveSpikes

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:27 AM

The employees (team members) at local Target Stores are gonna probably think, what's the deal with the run on this X-Wing game?   Until your LGS gets them in stock, of course.

#7 herozeromes

herozeromes

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:53 AM

If I hadn't already preordered it, I'd be tempted to drive an hour to go to the nearest Target. Tempted, but I probably wouldn't do it.

#8 supremespleen

supremespleen

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:16 AM

herozeromes said:

If I hadn't already preordered it, I'd be tempted to drive an hour to go to the nearest Target. Tempted, but I probably wouldn't do it.

Yeah, if I'm going to spend forty bucks to buy it in store I'll go to my FLGS and not Target.

#9 Ninjaman65

Ninjaman65

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:29 AM

As soon as I read this post I immediately went to my local Target and they had it in stock. I bought it then and there. My friends got their copies at Star Wars Celebration and I was kicking my self for not going when I could have. But now I have it and can't wait for my first game! 

#10 mrFlibble801

mrFlibble801

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:15 AM

I got an email from the war store yesterday giving me my tracking info for my Y-Wings, if only the miniature market would ship me the rest of my stuff so I could play. 

#11 R5Don4

R5Don4

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:58 PM

supremespleen said:

The next set of expansions including the Millennium Falcon are set for December."

good news, first I'm hearing a date for wave 2.  Bad news for my wallet, good news for christmas presents to me!

Great forum http://www.afewmaneuvers.com/index

Looking for a game in the Greater Toronto Area?  We can hook you up https://www.facebook...ups/6738327518/

#12 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

• Members
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:02 PM

R5Don4 said:

supremespleen said:

The next set of expansions including the Millennium Falcon are set for December."

good news, first I'm hearing a date for wave 2.  Bad news for my wallet, good news for christmas presents to me!

+1

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#13 Jaster

Jaster

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:13 PM

supremespleen said:

I hope this is true, the FFG guy I spoke with at CVI said summer next year.

#14 R2D2

R2D2

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:12 AM

Jaster said:

supremespleen said:

I hope this is true, the FFG guy I spoke with at CVI said summer next year.

by then maybe the UK will have just got the core set….

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS
About Fantasy Flight Games
Professional Zone