• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 Donovan Morningfire

Donovan Morningfire

Looking for a saint? Look elsewhere.

• Members
  • 4,530 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:12 PM

I can emphathize with the sucky job situation, but glad to hear things have improved for you.

The MediaFire link worked just fine, so it might be something on eldath's end of things.

Also, thanks very much for taking the time to put this together and updating it.

Dono's Gaming & Etc Blog - http://jedimorningfire.blogspot.com/

"You worry about those drink vouchers, I'll worry about that bar tab!"

#42 eldath

eldath

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:03 AM

Hi, I have tried the link again and it now seems to work. At the time it was showing a mediafire error 404 page. It is ood to see you back and as Donovan says, thanks for your work.

E

#43 Bren_Waynero

Bren_Waynero

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

No update available yet, but I am working on things.  Some nice changes coming, and a few fixes for errors I found.  Some of the changes and fixes include the following…

Adjusted most screen displays so that fields that shouldn't be filled in (you don't meet requirements) will not be seen, though they can still be selected.

Added 'Custom' to the list of species.  This selection has enough extra XP to create the same base stats as existing non human/droid species with 100 XP left over.  This selection also opens extra fields where you can name the species, select a bonus skill, a bonus talent, and type in your own special abilities.  All of which should then appear on the Character sheet.

Adjusted Armor & Weapons tab to prevent overuse of attachments based on hard points.  If you have too many hard points assigned, the benefits of all attachments will disappear from the stats.

Corrected Cumbersome quality to only affect weapon's difficulty die notification… it no longer adds/subtracts from ENC.

Limited ability points to a maximum of five (5) through creation XP purchase.

Added the ability to add ability points through the "Dedication" talent, and capped the ability points to the maximum of six (6).

In addition to these, I am thinking about some layout changes and would like some input from other users.  When it comes to equipment, we currently have the carried option for gear, and the equipped option for weapons and armor.  What I would like to do, is have the gear and weapons with the "Carried" option and armor with the "Equipped" choice.  I would then set up a fourth character sheet page where any non-carried/equipped items would be listed.  The second page would then only display currently equipped/carried items.  As I type this, I am beginning to not like this idea… it puts too much book keeping into the play experience.  I like the idea of keeping a record of what the PC has left on the ship, but unless you're using a tablet or laptop to make on the fly changes, reprinting a sheet every time you change gear out seems like a waste of time.  I would still like to set up a fourth sheet for extra equipment, The current layout can't fit all the gear slots available.  Thoughts?

Another question… regarding Bipod and Tripod attachments.  They currently do not automatically grant the Cumbersome bonus, as the weapon has to be set up to gain the benefit.  Should I change it to include the benefit automatically in the weapon stats, or should I leave it as is and have an asterisk ( * ) show up near the Cumbersome rating to note that it could be different if properly set up.  Or… try to set up a dual cumbersome listing… 5 / 3. 

Next up… Looking at the Weapons and Armor tab.  I am going to try and set up attachment mods on this page.  My thinking is to add a set of mod options underneath each attachment slot.  My goal is to have a valid list of whatever mods are available for each attachment.  You would then be able to select each mod slot for each attachment.  While I believe I could attach a cost to the 'successfully' added mods whenever a mod was selected, to track failed attempts I think a player would have to do a negative credits entry on the Character Description tab.  Anyway, as a layout question…  I know an early request was made to try keeping the layouts narrow and long to accommodate monitors that are not widescreen, so should I try to narrow this tab up some more by moving the armor and attachment portion above and/or below the weapons list.  Or just try moving the weapons SA's into the space between the weapon selection line and the attachments line(s)?  Doing this as well as adding the mod lines would mean a lot more scrolling up and down on this tab, but should hopefully eliminate any left and right scrolling.

That's where I am right now.  Hopefully I will have my changes done and uploaded within a week.  Have a good holiday. 

May the Force be with you.

Excel character builder - SWEotE_CharSheet_1.05.xlsx

Excel Dice Roller - SWEotE_DiceRoller.xlsx

#44 Tassedar

Tassedar

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:44 AM

Thanks sir we unofficial species users have been dieing for those changes let us know if there is a donation option for all the hard work you do.

#45 DylanRPG

DylanRPG

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:43 PM

I haven't tried this out yet, but I just wanted to thank Bren for making this available.

I do plan on using it, and I don't want to be one of the lurkers that uses an amazing product and misses the opportunity to express

gratitude :)

So sincerely, thank you so much for your hard work.

Complete PDF Talent Trees:https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

Form Fillable Official Character Sheet: https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

#46 Bren_Waynero

Bren_Waynero

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:10 AM

Newest version here…  SWEotE_CharSheet_0.41

In addition to the changes mentioned in my last post, I went ahead and added notation for the cumbersome adjustments when a bipod or tripod attachment is assigned to a weapon.

I also added a dice pool notation to the character sheet.  I hope this works… I had to use the 'Wingdings 2' font, which I think was included with windows, or excel, or MS office, so hopefully everyone has it available to them.  It took a lot of trial and error to get it to do what I wanted, and I do have it working for myself, so please let me know whether if it works for you or if it doesn't.

My next few objectives are to get the mods working for attachments, and a few layout changes.  And eventually I hope to clean up a lot of the extra data that is all over the place.  

Also, as far as donations go, just getting feedback on how things are working is what I would like the most.  I work hard to correct mistakes, but I know I can't catch them all.  So if fellow users can catch any I really want to know about them.  That way I can at least try to fix them.  There are those that I can't think of a solution, such as the XP refund for skills when a specialization is chosen later, but at least we know about it.

Thank you for your support and feedback.  Have fun.

May the Force be with you.

Excel character builder - SWEotE_CharSheet_1.05.xlsx

Excel Dice Roller - SWEotE_DiceRoller.xlsx

#47 azato

azato

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:20 AM

BAZINGAA!  Thank you. With the Google+ die roller somebody made up and this generator program... I AM SET. Thank you very much for your hard work.

#48 verdantsf

verdantsf

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:50 PM

Thanks so much for this character generator!  A friend of mine just recently introduced me to this game and this makes rolling up a character so much easier.

Free SWRPG Adventures from the Shadow of the Broker series

Just added: The Quarantine QuandaryCold Comfort, and Son of Fortune

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS