Point Buy Characteristics

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Dezmond

Dezmond

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 01:09 PM

Deathwatch better be point buy. Can't power fantasy properly with random rolls.

#22 Kage2020

Kage2020

• Members
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 02:26 PM

Xathess Wolfe said:

I don't know I'm torn on the whole systems.

I mean point buy is cleaner and more efficent leaving more control of your character in your hands, but also allowing more room for players to exploit the system.  It also tends to make very static characters without the fluctuations that you see in a random roll, and sometimes those fluctuations are what make a character so colorful.

That's one of the reasons that I prefer points-buy mixed with a template based approach.  You get the flavour of a class-based system, just without any of the restriction.

Xathess Wolfe said:

And multiple systems in the same game just lead to confusion and bulky rules systems.

There is that.  It's one of the reasons that I would advocate an "official" unofficial system by FFG.

Kage

#23 Xathess Wolfe

Xathess Wolfe

• Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 02:56 PM

Kage2020 said:

There is that.  It's one of the reasons that I would advocate an "official" unofficial system by FFG.

Kage

The problem I guess is, what's the agreement with GW say about mechanics and changes to the game system, even "unofficial" ones?  My guess with the changes it appears with Rogue Trader in mechanics (if we're extrapulation it properly) that they have free reign with them, but who knows.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS