Jump to content



Photo

Troll key & purse question


  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 peacott

peacott

    Member

  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:31 PM

Just found this in the FAQ:

Q: What happens to Banks of the Anduin (CORE 113) if it is drawn as a Shadow card?

 

A: It will be discarded from play at the end of the combat phase, like other Shadow cards. When a card is drawn as a Shadow card, only its Shadow text is considered to be active.
 
So looks as though we should not have attached it back to the troll so we could grab it next round. 
 
Oh well we forgot to clear the Troll Cave anyway. At least we know for next time. 
 
Cheers
 
Paul
 


#22 legolas18

legolas18

    Member

  • Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:36 AM

I don't know how you guys beat this one.  I was very excited about the Hobbit quests, but I couldn't ever get past the first quest, so I didn't go on to the next two for sake of the story.  But now that Caleb said that the player cards were all designed and then sorted, I'm hoping that the cards in On the Doorstep (NEXT WEEK!!!) will help my chances. 


Playing an intense scenario, on the last stage, right when you notice you've been playing with two Bofurs the whole time.


#23 Ellareth

Ellareth

    Member

  • Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:45 AM

peacott said:

Just found this in the FAQ:

Q: What happens to Banks of the Anduin (CORE 113) if it is drawn as a Shadow card?

 

A: It will be discarded from play at the end of the combat phase, like other Shadow cards. When a card is drawn as a Shadow card, only its Shadow text is considered to be active.
 
So looks as though we should not have attached it back to the troll so we could grab it next round. 
 
Oh well we forgot to clear the Troll Cave anyway. At least we know for next time. 
 
Cheers
 
Paul
 

 

Just to add, you still get to attach Key or Purse to troll if it is in staging area when you discard it from the encounter deck as effect of quest card.

Shadow cards are just 'weird' in a way it ignores all other text except for shadow effects,
and shadow effects are ignored in all other situations except if it is dealt as shadow card (or other card effect specifically refers to it)



#24 GrandSpleen

GrandSpleen

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:53 PM

Ellareth said:

Just to add, you still get to attach Key or Purse to troll if it is in staging area when you discard it from the encounter deck as effect of quest card.

This runs counter to the way most people say they've played this scenario.  It sounds like you are putting the Purse/Key in the staging area if they are revealed during 1B, then attaching them to the Trolls when they come out in 2B.  I think most others on this forums simply discard the Purse/Key if they are revealed during 1B.

I don't know if there is an official ruling supporting either play.  Thoughts?



#25 Ellareth

Ellareth

    Member

  • Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:12 PM

GrandSpleen said:

Ellareth said:

 

Just to add, you still get to attach Key or Purse to troll if it is in staging area when you discard it from the encounter deck as effect of quest card.

 

 

This runs counter to the way most people say they've played this scenario.  It sounds like you are putting the Purse/Key in the staging area if they are revealed during 1B, then attaching them to the Trolls when they come out in 2B.  I think most others on this forums simply discard the Purse/Key if they are revealed during 1B.

I don't know if there is an official ruling supporting either play.  Thoughts?

 

Sorry for being unclear,

in stage 1B, if troll key or purse is revealed you discard it.

What I meant is if you discard troll key or purse in stage 2B as effect of quest card you get to attach it to the troll. (by quest card I meant 2B, not 1B)






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS