Photo

Where are you from? (A chance to make connections in your area.)

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#41 R2D2

R2D2

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:19 PM

London, England! I think there must be some interest in this area as Forbidden Planet said they have a lot of preorders, but havent seen anyone on this forum yet…

#42 tiepilot1138

tiepilot1138

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:17 AM

I may be able to make it Saturday, depending on the time.  It will also depend on whether it really shows up this week, unless you guys have some and I can mooch off you!

I've talked to the management over at Game Parlor and will probably be running their Organized Play there for X-Wing if and when the program starts, assuming there's enough interest.

#43 Aahzmandius_Karrde

Aahzmandius_Karrde

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:58 AM

drkjedi35 said:

I'll definitely keep you in the loop.  Two or three of us are actually thinking about coming by the Game Parlor to run some demos on Saturday afternoon.  Are you available?  Maybe we can get a game or two in.  By the way, are they still charging $2 to sit at a table to play?

Not this Saturday as I'll be in Raleigh playing boardgames for 4 days.  The downside to that is that I'll be there while my pre-order sits at home because it probably won't get here before I leave Thrs morning.

Welcome to the FFG Star Wars RPG Index 

#44 tiepilot1138

tiepilot1138

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:39 AM

drkjedi35 said:

I'll definitely keep you in the loop.  Two or three of us are actually thinking about coming by the Game Parlor to run some demos on Saturday afternoon.  Are you available?  Maybe we can get a game or two in.  By the way, are they still charging $2 to sit at a table to play?

We're actually thinking about running our tournaments at Comics and Gaming in Gainesville.  We might be stopping by there to run some demos Saturday morning before we head to Chantilly.  Let me know if you can make it to either place on Saturday.

Roy

I meant to add that they do still charge $2 a day to use the tables, but you get a free play voucher for every $20 you spend in the store.  Let me know what time you all will be by and I'll try to make it.

#45 herozeromes

herozeromes

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:18 AM

Knight12 said:

North Side of Columbus Ohio

Wooster, OH here.

#46 FarkonGnome

FarkonGnome

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:06 AM

RockSoldier said:

Sterling Heights, Michigan (about an hour north of Detroit) 

I grew up in Sterling Heights!  I'm about and hour away from you, I live in Hartland…… just north of Brighton (M59 & US23).

#47 carabus03

carabus03

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:33 AM

Well I am in Telford, Shropshire UK

#48 carabus03

carabus03

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:35 AM

Nalydd said:

Shrewsbury, a little market town in England with a population a couple of buses more than the Olympic arena in London when at capacity.

Well I am in Telford, Shropshire UK, only a few miles down the A5/M54 from you. :)

Do you go to the Shewsbury club???

#49 drkjedi35

drkjedi35

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:01 AM

tiepilot1138 said:

I may be able to make it Saturday, depending on the time.  It will also depend on whether it really shows up this week, unless you guys have some and I can mooch off you!

I've talked to the management over at Game Parlor and will probably be running their Organized Play there for X-Wing if and when the program starts, assuming there's enough interest.

If it is not in stores this weekend, we will still come.  We have 2 starters from GenCon and we would be happy to share what we have.  I'm not sure what time we will be coming by though.  I'll let you know as soon as I can.  We are in talks with Comics and Gaming in Gainesville about running the Organized Play events there as well.  Would be nice to have 2 stores running events. 

Roy

#50 drkjedi35

drkjedi35

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:02 AM

Aahzmandius_Karrde said:

drkjedi35 said:

Not this Saturday as I'll be in Raleigh playing boardgames for 4 days.  The downside to that is that I'll be there while my pre-order sits at home because it probably won't get here before I leave Thrs morning.

OK.  I'll let you know when we make plans in the future.  Do you know Matt Francella?

Roy

#51 drkjedi35

drkjedi35

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:04 AM

tiepilot1138 said:

drkjedi35 said:

We're actually thinking about running our tournaments at Comics and Gaming in Gainesville.  We might be stopping by there to run some demos Saturday morning before we head to Chantilly.  Let me know if you can make it to either place on Saturday.

Roy

I meant to add that they do still charge $2 a day to use the tables, but you get a free play voucher for every $20 you spend in the store.  Let me know what time you all will be by and I'll try to make it.

OK.  I think I still have some vouchers from when they had their store on Woodbridge.  I'll let you know when we decide on a time.

Roy

#52 tiepilot1138

tiepilot1138

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:23 AM

drkjedi35 said:

tiepilot1138 said:

drkjedi35 said:

Roy

OK.  I think I still have some vouchers from when they had their store on Woodbridge.  I'll let you know when we decide on a time.

Roy

I have PLENTY if you guys need them.  I think there are a good 15 in my wallet right now…

#53 Tawnos

Tawnos

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:30 PM

Westfield, IN.  Northern suburb of Indianapolis.  Thinking very seriously of playing in the championship in Roseville in November.

#54 AngryMojo

AngryMojo

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:51 PM

Lovely Orlando, Florida here.

#55 chaotic_vortex

chaotic_vortex

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:31 PM

I am in Rockwall Texas, just outside Dallas.

#56 Prathin

Prathin

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:22 PM

Davenport, FL here

#57 AncientAngel

AncientAngel

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:04 PM

Chanhassen, Mn. Basically the twin cities area.

#58 RockSoldier

RockSoldier

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:09 PM

sweet.   we will have to arrange a game some day.

#59 kaffis

kaffis

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:34 PM

Just north of Dayton, OH for me. I'll have to try to keep an eye on the forums to see if the Columbus guys get up to anything I might not hear about otherwise.

#60 DavicusPrime

DavicusPrime

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:54 PM

Smeg…  Am I the only one on here from Washington State?  I feel so lonely… 

-DavicusPrime

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS