• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#21 Hrathen

Hrathen

• Members
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:48 AM

At Gencon I purchased 2 Core sets, 1 X-Wing, 2 TIE, 3 TIE Advanced, 3 Y-wings

That gives me 3 of every ship but TIEs and I have 6 of those.

I could have reduced the price I spend by buying three starters, but I wanted wedge and the TIE pilots.

I really like having 6 of each dice.  It really isn't that uncommon to roll 4 dice and we have even had occasion to roll 5.

Putting an end to this distructive conflict and bringing order to the galaxy.

#22 IG-58

IG-58

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:47 AM

One of each first-run item, including the dice. Enough to see how it shakes out while still having enough to have some variety.

#23 TakeshiKovacs

TakeshiKovacs

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:28 AM

2 core sets, 1 X-Wing, 1 Y-wing, 1 TIE, 2 TIE Advanced for the grand total of $100.54 with free shipping from Miniature Market. Could probably use more Y-Wings but I don't think I'll have a problem finding some at local stores.

#24 drkjedi35

drkjedi35

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:28 AM

Currently own

1 X-wing Starter

Preordered

1 X-wing Expansions

1 TIE Fighter Expansion

2 Y-wing Expansions

2 TIE Advanced Expansions

At some point in the near future I will be picking up 2 more starters and 1 more each of Y-wing and TIE Advanced Expansions.

Roy

#25 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

• Members
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:47 AM

I started with one of each, but then added one more core and one more Y-wing. 

I'd eventually like two TIE Advanced and three Y-wings ,but I think the Millennum Falcon and Slave I will supersede that desire.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#26 RockSoldier

RockSoldier

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:03 PM

Im considering getting a second core set.   Maybe I can sell some blood   lol

#27 Armour do

Armour do

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:25 PM

I have preordered 2 starters and 2 of each expansion.  I plan on playing this with my 6 and 5 year old kids, so I have to assume one of the starters is going to get trashed.  They aren't monsters, but wear and tear from them is much different than the usual gamer.  

Does anyone know how long Fantasy Flight Games will typically print a game for?  If they only do limited runs I may even get another starter set in case my other starter gets destroyed and I'd like to have a starter indecent condition available to me in the future.  

#28 R5Don4

R5Don4

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:46 PM

Armour do said:

I have preordered 2 starters and 2 of each expansion.  I plan on playing this with my 6 and 5 year old kids, so I have to assume one of the starters is going to get trashed.  They aren't monsters, but wear and tear from them is much different than the usual gamer.  

Does anyone know how long Fantasy Flight Games will typically print a game for?  If they only do limited runs I may even get another starter set in case my other starter gets destroyed and I'd like to have a starter indecent condition available to me in the future.  

This is a great question, and something I never considered before.  Anyone got an answer?

Great forum http://www.afewmaneuvers.com/index

Looking for a game in the Greater Toronto Area?  We can hook you up https://www.facebook...ups/6738327518/

#29 VaultDweller

VaultDweller

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:56 PM

Armour do said:

I finally saw the ships in a sealed starter today.  First, the are smaller than I thought from the pics. Second, your X-Wings are going to get destroyed by your kids. The laser cannons are thin and look super fragile. 

#30 tiepilot1138

tiepilot1138

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:56 PM

I think (though I could be wrong) that they do one run, and it sells until it's gone.  If it sells well, they do a reprint.

#31 Parakitor

Parakitor

• Members
  • 891 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:26 PM

Um…wow. Slightly jealous. But then, I'm the one who chose to spend my money on LEGO products this summer, so nobody to blame but me.

I have 1 core set, 1 X-wing expansion and 1 TIE Advanced expansion on order. Starting small. Hoping to be able to combine my forces with whomever I pair up with to play, but this will be enough to introduce people to the game (and gaming) without overwhelming them, I think.

"That starship won't fly, Bastila."

#32 Prathin

Prathin

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:10 PM

Pre ordered 1 core, 1 X-Wing, and 1 TIE Advanced.  Once it comes out, I will get a Y-Wing, but I have to pace myself

#33 Brennen

Brennen

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:26 AM

I have ordered 2 of everything, and made a pretty good play mat 3'x6'.

#34 Sprenger

Sprenger

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:02 AM

I pre-ordered one of everything but after looking at the point charts for squad building I found out that dark side can't get an even 100 points unless they have at least 2 tie advanced + 2 Tie fighters or 4 tie fighters + 1 advanced. You can get close to 100 points by getting 1 of everything but it doesn't allow for much customization. You basically have to use the best pilots with as many upgrades as possible but still that only gets you to 97. So I will probably be getting another Tie fighter. More options IMHO.

Light Side: 4 X-Wings, 3 Y-Wings, 2 A-Wings, 2 Hwks, 1 Falcon & 1 B-Wing

Dark Side: 6 Fighters, 2 Advanced, 2 Interceptors, 2 Fire Sprays, 2 Bombers, 1 Shuttle

#35 2BitGeek

2BitGeek

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:07 AM

Since I was on vacation at CVI I splurged. 

1 Starter set

1 X-wing

1 TIE Fighter

2 TIE Advanced

2  Y-wing.

I asked about the extra dice but they weren't available, so I downloaded the app. I know a lot of folks think it is overpriced, but it's actually one of the most polished apps I've seen and (to me) is easier to use when you need more dice than are included.

Having said that, I think it was a raw deal to include less dice than you'll need to roll.

May end up getting another starter set IF I get enough play. Some of my friends are interested but I don't see them making the investment.

#36 tiepilot1138

tiepilot1138

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:28 AM

2BitGeek said:

Some of my friends are interested but I don't see them making the investment.

I'm in the same boat here.  Lots of interest from friends, but they'll wait and leech off me.

#37 gribble

gribble

• Members
  • 331 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:00 AM

Initially I pre-ordered one of everything, including the dice. When I heard about the delay, I removed the dice, but took the opportunity to add an additional starter, Y-Wing pack and Tie advanced pack… what can I say, the game looks awesome.

:)

Star Wars Edge of the Empire (Beta test) resources:

#38 Capn Blackheart

Capn Blackheart

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:50 AM

Ordered the starter set and 1 of each blister, then ordered a second TIE Advanced.  Will be ordering a second starter set once it's released.  After that it depends on what's released.

#39 vadersson

vadersson

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:53 PM

Not enough…

;)

I preordered 2 starters, 1 X-wing, 1 TIE, 2 TIE Advanced, and 2 Y-wings.  I really wish I had gotten 3 Y-wings.

Thanks,

Duncan

Gold 109 (ret.)

Wesa need Gungans!

#40 R2D2

R2D2

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:49 AM

may have gone overboard….

2 x core set

2x x-wing

1x Tie fighter

2x y- wing

2x Tie/advanced

:)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS