• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#81 Sofia Corba

Sofia Corba

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:29 PM

Arikail said:

Edit: And Sofia beat me to it. Awesome job, Sofia. WB, good to see you again. I liked your techs you wrote up, and am using them with an NPC paladin the group may meet later on down the line. I do hope you get the chance to solve the mystery of your father, that sounds interesting. :)

Yikes! I'm truely honored my techs are to your liking.

~ Sofia Corba

#82 vaxx01

vaxx01

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:05 AM

ok people I'm trying something different this time.  I've built a class and would like your opinions on it.

[Info]
The Wyld mage is a character that relies on harness the power around him/her to its utmost potential. Yet because of their reliance on intuition over study and logic these wizards and their power tend to chaotic and unpredictable. They see more to the myths than just stories; they study the world by living in it more than watching form far off lofty towers. The Wyld Mage see life as the greatest teacher of all.

Class: Wyld Mage
- Archetype: Mystic
- Life Point Multiple: 20
- Life Points: + 5 per Level
- Initiative: + 5 per Level
- Martial Knowledge: + 10 per Level
- Innate Psychic Points: + 1 each 3 Levels

Primary Abilities
Combat Abilities (50%)
- (3/1) Attack:
- (3/1) Block:
- (2/1) Dodge:
- (3/1) Wear Armor:
- (3/1) KI:
- (30/1) Accumulation Multiple

Supernatural Abilities: (Limit: 60%)
- (1/5) Zeon:
- (50/10) MA Multiple:
- (2/1) Magic Projection:
- (2/1) Summon:
- (2/1) Control:
- (2/1) Bind:
- (2/1) Banish:

Psychic Abilities: (Limit: 50% = DP)
- (20/1) Psychic Points:
- (3/1) Psychic Projection:

Secondary Abilities:
- (2/1) Athletic:
- (3/1) Vigor:
- (2/1) Perception:
- (2/1) Intellectual:
- (2/1) Social:
- (2/1) Subterfuge:
- (2/1) Creative:

Natural Bonuses:
+ 50 Zeon per Level
+ 5 MA to Innate Spells Per Level
+ 10 MA to Natural Spells per Level
Special Bonuses:
+ 10 to Occult per Level
+ 5 to Magic Appraisal per Level

#83 F3nr1s

F3nr1s

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:51 AM

I think, this class is a little bit broken. No class gets an inniate class bonus to accumulation.

It looks like you have taken the wizard class, removed the "reduced magic appraisal costs to 1" and reduced the the inniate zeon per level to 50.

Now, I think with "natural spells", you mean the natural magic theorem of the arcana exxet (I don't own the book at the moment, but I have read the example for Onmyodo), and I think, if you decide to follow a theorem you can only use this theorem. Therefore the "+10 accumulation to natural spells" would be for nearly all spells of the wyld mage.

Now, we compare the inniate boni of the to classes (wizard and wyld mage)

The wizard gets +10 to magic appraisal (which costs him 10 DP) and +5 to Occult (10 DP). Therefore 20 DP of secondaries.

Then he gets 100 zeon (20 DP). So, he gets 40 DP per level (20 DP primary supernatural, 20 DP secondaries) (so he have "40 DP inniate" + up to 60 DP per level). And he have the reduced costs for magic appraisal.

The wyld mage gets +10 occult (20 DP) and +5 magic appraisal (10 DP), therefore, he gets 30 DP of secoandaries.

Now, he also gets 50 zeon (10 DP), +10 MA to natural spells (as stated above, this should be nearly every spells, therefore I count the whole 50 DP) and +5 MA to inniate spells (at this moment I count nothing). So, it would be 60 DP in supernatural. This would like, 120 DP each level (60 DP inniate and 60% of the DP per level).

This would be a sum of 90 DP per Level. This would be a difference of 50 DP, more than twice as the wizard gets. Okay, the wizard hs the reduced costs, but this should be worth 50 DP.

So long,

#84 vaxx01

vaxx01

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:00 AM

actually it as any caster can use it, now i've given some thought casting natural magic is based off a power check which can be increased by MA, yet now that I think about a + 5 to the check per Level would be better.

yes I used the wizard as a base, because these are still basically wizards that use magic differently.

the innate spell thing is something that I have to work on, the idea is to boost the innates and not the magic total, with the limits on innates I thought it be a good idea.

the zeon thing I origonally thought of going with + 20 Zeon

#85 F3nr1s

F3nr1s

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:13 AM

Usually no one gets an inniate class bonus to accumulation (neither mystical archtypes nor dominie archtypes). And I think this has it reason, becaused "cheap" accumulation would make someones real mighty.

So long,

#86 vaxx01

vaxx01

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:08 AM

Let's try this

[Info]
The Wyld mage is a character that relies on harnessing the power around him/her to its utmost potential. Yet because of their reliance on intuition over study and logic these wizards and their power tend to chaotic and unpredictable. They see more to the myths than just stories; they study the world by living in it more than watching form far off lofty towers. The Wyld Mage see life as the greatest teacher of all.

Class: Wyld Mage
- Archetype: Mystic
- Life Point Multiple: 20
- Life Points: + 5 per Level
- Initiative: + 5 per Level
- Martial Knowledge: + 10 per Level
- Innate Psychic Points: + 1 each 3 Levels

Primary Abilities
Combat Abilities (50%)
- (3/1) Attack:
- (3/1) Block:
- (2/1) Dodge:
- (3/1) Wear Armor:
- (3/1) KI:
- (30/1) Accumulation Multiple

Supernatural Abilities: (Limit: 60%)
- (1/5) Zeon:
- (50/10) MA Multiple:
- (2/1) Magic Projection:
- (2/1) Summon:
- (2/1) Control:
- (2/1) Bind:
- (2/1) Banish:

Psychic Abilities: (Limit: 50% = DP)
- (20/1) Psychic Points:
- (3/1) Psychic Projection:

Secondary Abilities:
- (2/1) Athletic:
- (3/1) Vigor:
- (2/1) Perception:
- (2/1) Intellectual:
- (2/1) Social:
- (2/1) Subterfuge:
- (2/1) Creative:

Natural Bonuses:
+ 20 Zeon per Level
+ 10 Zeon of Innate Spells Per 2 Levels
Wyld mages may spend 10 DP for a +1 to their power check rolls; this cannot exceed 10% of their maximum DP, and counts toward Primary Ability cost.
Special Bonuses:
+ 10 to Occult per Level
+ 5 to Magic Appraisal per Level
Withstand Pain checks are made at damage done cost when caster is using innate or natural spell
All Path levels cost 2/1 for Wyld Mages, and the double cost still applies to all opposed paths.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS