Proton Torpedoes

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 DavicusPrime

DavicusPrime

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:45 PM

P-Torps are going to be very good for Y's as Hrathen said.  Double the dice with potential bonus damage.  Also it allows them to hit long range with much greater potential of making it count.  And since they can take 2 per ship, that only adds to their potential effectiveness.

I would suspect that they'll work best against unshielded ships though.  Have an X knock down the target's shields and let the Y-Finish him off.

-DavicusPrime

#22 Hrathen

Hrathen

• Members
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:12 AM

DavicusPrime said:

P-Torps are going to be very good for Y's as Hrathen said.  Double the dice with potential bonus damage.  Also it allows them to hit long range with much greater potential of making it count.  And since they can take 2 per ship, that only adds to their potential effectiveness.

I would suspect that they'll work best against unshielded ships though.  Have an X knock down the target's shields and let the Y-Finish him off.

-DavicusPrime

I got very excited and started loading out Y-wings with lots of goodies.  But 2 p-torps and an ion-turret const 13 points.  That is a TIE fighter by itself just on upgrades.  But if that y-wing can kill two TIEs and mess with a third, then it should be worth it.

Putting an end to this distructive conflict and bringing order to the galaxy.

#23 GunslingerSix

GunslingerSix

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:18 PM

Tricked out Ys can be worth it.  I pushed one the other night and he had one kill and four assists.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS