Newbie painting couple

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 TallDwarf

TallDwarf

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:10 AM

Well my 6 year old son has decided to get in the painting game as well. Months ago I bought him some cheap army toys for him to paint and a few weeks ago he wanted to paint real Dust Tactics guys. Well I wasn't going to let him anywhere near my guys but after checking with my wife we decided to let him buy some with his money if he wanted to. He is a good saver and rarely has reason/opportunity to buy things so I got him a couple of squads online for only $7.

Here are his version of the Laser Grenadiers. I tried to get him to wash but he was happy how they are. I'm not a father that pushes to hard. After a couple of suggestions, I let him do whatever he wanted so he enjoy his painting.

Laser Grenadiers-6 year old

Here are his Battle Grenadiers. The seller also threw in an extra guy so he has a squad of 7. He was so excited by this. The only painting I did to help was the iron cross on the shoulder pad.

Battle Grenadiers

He has also painted up a Laventiy Beria and an Airblaster and I need to take photos of that.

#22 TallDwarf

TallDwarf

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:19 AM

Sturmpioniere, I painted in blue. I am thinking of gong back and changing the "eyes" to red instead of German yellow. I like the red on the Laser Grenadiers and have also painted the Heavy Laser's eye's red (WIP, hopefully coming up in a few weeks: dark grey and gold with big brass laser).

Sturmpioniere

The rear:

Sturmpioniere-rear

Close up of 3 guys.

Sturmpioniere-close up

#23 TallDwarf

TallDwarf

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:33 AM

Death Dealers: my wife painted these except for the fine details that I finished off such as the goggles. We kept the base green of the model.

Death Dealers

Rear picture

Death Dealers-rear

#24 marcemtp

marcemtp

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:13 AM

Everything your family and yourself painted looks great. Can't wait to see your sons airblaster and tank.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS