64 replies to this topic

#61 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:14 AM

Hyperquote!!!

The Fire Mountains are the barrier between the Inner and Middle Regions.

Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#62 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:51 AM

talismanisland said:

Hyperquote!!!

The Fire Mountains are the barrier between the Inner and Middle Regions.

Sorry about that. Okay, so I guess I never noticed that, ever.  What else did they do?

#63 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:36 AM

Umm…. nothing!

But I think the idea added a touch more theme and the chance to expand upon the water/fire nature of the barriers for making cards etc.

Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#64 Jake yet again

Jake yet again

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:12 PM

Nidhögg said:

Am I the only one hoping that after all corners are complete FFG stops puting out expansions?

Don't get me wrong, I love Talisman and happily purchase every single expansion, but enough is enough. There should be some line where there will be no more expansions, the game is complete so to speak :)

Nope. I'm like you in that I'd like to see the game capped, though I'd prefer they cap it with a Miskatonic Horror style expansion to link the corner boards. The fans can then create their own custom expansions to fill in any gaps.

Lovecraft Country Horror - A completely FREE Big Box expansion for Arkham Horror, exploring the minor locations of the Cthulhu Mythos. Contains: Lovecraft Country Board, 16 Investigators, 4 Ancient Ones, 16 Skills, 32 Common Items, 24 Unique Items, 10 Spells, 16 Music of Erich Zann cards, 76 Leads, 4 Allies, 32 Monsters, 24 Injuries and Madnesses, 54 Mythos Cards, 41 Outer World Encounters, 52 Location Encounters for each Neighbourhood.

#65 zealot12

zealot12

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:36 PM

There is a difference  between Arkham Horror expansions and Talisman expansions. While it's true that the expansions in both contribute to the variety, Arkham is a considerably heavier and more complicated game. Plus there are FAR more decks of cards in AH.

Talisman has only two main ones: adventures and spells,   and a few supplementary mini- decks.

Arkham Horror is a bloated monster by comparison, and setup time is considerably longer with all expansion elements.  I actually hope that Miskatonic is the last expansion.  I own all expansions  and it looks kinda scary: I've got : 4  game boxes packed to the brim with components.I like the game, but enough is enough. Variety is fine, but it crossed into the  distasteful kind a long time ago. 

The only small expansion for Talisman I'm still short of is Frostmarch. It's bound to arrive soon. And then I think I'll stop for a while. I'd like to get the other expansions(Dungeon and Highland) sometime,  mostly for the new characters and endings. The extra boards don't really catch my fancy. There's enough ground to cover on the main board as it is.

It would've been nicer if they had  introduced new  overlays for the middle and outer regions, like they did with the Dragon. New boards that don't take extra space are a neat idea.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS