What next after the 4th corner?

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#41 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:01 PM

This is not as important to me; if it was I'd probably learn how to paint them myself. (not an artist, sadly)

but not as important doesn't mean I wouldn't buy it, so ultimately I might.

#42 wolveryn

wolveryn

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:34 PM

I would like high quality, ceramic non painted miniatures. That are also all on model. Since this is a wish list I would have it done by Reaper or Games Workshop.

#43 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

Talisman Veteran

• Members
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:30 PM

I only want pre-painted miniatures please!

Ell.

#44 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:05 PM

It would be cool to have pre painted miniatures. If that ever happens, i will buy them all again.

#45 Triple A

Triple A

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:27 AM

Agreed.

Pre-painted miniatures please.

#46 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:56 PM

Well, if we 're talking miniatures, then I would want to see these for the various end boss cards; Ice Queen, Eagle King, Demon Lord and the Dragon Lords, any others that come along.

#47 Blackalliance

Blackalliance

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:57 PM

Thoughts:

1)  Runebound had a relics of legend pack that would be great for Talisman.  But if that happened, the high end items currently in Talisman might become pointless.

2)  New deck of middle region cards.

3)  New spells that can enchant obects already in the game.

4)  A fan pack of some the the best expansions from places like Talisman Island, even though they are free to download anyways…

5)  Talisman II or Advanced Talisman using modular boards that create various maps every time you play a new game - Modular tiles like they use in the newer Mage Knight or Rune Wars games.

I'll stop there.

#48 Froman

Froman

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:57 AM

What about a small box that is oriented towards just one region? rather then a box to tie in the regions, you get a small box geared towards a big box. not sure if this has been mentioned yet.

#49 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:30 PM

Froman said:

What about a small box that is oriented towards just one region? rather then a box to tie in the regions, you get a small box geared towards a big box. not sure if this has been mentioned yet.

kinda sorta; I mentioned something like mysteries without specific ideas. Are you thinking like, example a new villain or inner-quest in the Dungeon? Or a new dynamic like an opposite of sorts to the Reaper? A set of Archangels or Friendly Elemental Spirits that intervene in mortal situations ( I know, what's the downside?)

#50 Froman

Froman

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:51 AM

I was more thinking a small box that is totally dungeon/highlands/city/dragon themed. The dungeon small box could have another 50-100 dungeon cards, dungeon characters, spells, some more relics and maybe a new mechanic. This could be done to all the big boxes. A small box for the dragon could include a new dragon king, or just more cards in the dragon deck.

#51 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:07 AM

THAT works for me too. Maybe more challenging enemies in the Highlands, more balance in the Dungeon. Yes. But I still want to see  a set or series of sets that ties things together better, too.

I would also like sets that further delineate the "alignment" thing; good evil neutral. A set that adds more to Blood Moon, or the day/night mechanic. Lots of old stories have Dragons sleeping during the day, hmmmm.

I'm not sure that they can't do more with Fate, seeing as it is two sided, dark and bright. Any one see further uses of that concept?

#52 Froman

Froman

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:15 AM

a tie in would be best as a large box, a couple 20-30 cards for each regional deck that crosses things over to each other, and mixes some mechanics together. I'm sure there is a plan for fate as they have light/dark. I'm guessing it will be in the small box after the city. maybe pay a dark fate to make an opponent reroll a winning dice, haha, that's pretty mean though.

Or you take a dark fate when you reroll a dice, or pay a light fate to reroll. when you have equal amounts of each nothing happens, but if you have more dark then light fate you suffer a penalty? maybe a minus one to attack roles for every 2 dark fates you have?

#53 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:03 PM

The situation to me is always, who/how do you monitor the fate since anyone could slip them over  if no one is watching to say they have this or that. 

You probably mean that the mechanic means 'showing' all that you are playing a light or dark and then some way of charting the mechanic's actions.

I sound like a game developer… NOT (LOL)

#54 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:15 AM

0beron said:

The situation to me is always, who/how do you monitor the fate since anyone could slip them over  if no one is watching to say they have this or that. 

You probably mean that the mechanic means 'showing' all that you are playing a light or dark and then some way of charting the mechanic's actions.

I sound like a game developer… NOT (LOL)

There was a idea about the light and dark side of the tokens, that a player could use it, to re-roll the die from a opponent's character. For example if they are visiting the enchantress.

#55 Draii

Draii

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:43 PM

This don't have to wait until after all four corners, but I'd think I like to see a small expansion with "overlays" to one or more of the mainboards corners (Village, City, Chapel and Tavern). Mainly Village.

I have seen fan-edits with this, and I think a official version would work very good. Just like you put the Dragon realm over the inner region, you can put a updated Village over the old one.

The reason I would like to see this, is because of how the purchase-deck works (or don't work).
I think it would be a nice mechanic if they started adding more items to the purchase-deck and the stables-deck. More weapons, armors and other items. And it's possible they do this in the City expanison, but the Village still states that you can only buy like, five specific things.

I would like different places that give access to the purchase and stables-deck, and each expansion might add more items to these decks, thus expanding the stock.

A new corner-piece for the city might be a good thing when the City is added, like a city-gate or something.

#56 zealot12

zealot12

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:11 PM

Actually, substituting  one of the regions for a new one via overlays  is  a neat idea, and it's one of the reasons I'm getting the  Dragon expansion over Dungeon and Highlands.

Dungeon seems nice for a standalone game, but I think the main board is large enough already without attaching another corner to it.

#57 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:53 PM

zealot12 said:

Actually, substituting  one of the regions for a new one via overlays  is  a neat idea, and it's one of the reasons I'm getting the  Dragon expansion over Dungeon and Highlands.

Dungeon seems nice for a standalone game, but I think the main board is large enough already without attaching another corner to it.

I like the Dragon overlay board, because you can use it with or without the the Draconic lords, scales, decks, etc.

So an overlay type card - or - a card about the size of the Character, Alt.endings, Toad-cards, Reaper/Werewolf etc cards, with a little trivit or 'stanchion' to hold it upright, would allow you to place it on the space, as an overlay, ie; new directions or apsects.

Voila! Instead of [just] corner spaces that have not had an expansion board, you could also have further "detail" or options for spaces such as

The Castle: Roll a dice for various options with one being a secret passage that could take you to the Dungeon Library or elsewhere (fight a guard strength 4, turn into a toad by the Court Wizard could be other dice rolls)

The Chapel: Good characters could take a more simple quest to gain a point somewhere; a secret tunnel to somewhere in the City or the Highlands even?

other ideas?

#58 Archdruid

Archdruid

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:06 AM

I've already begun designing my own 5th edition, part on paper, part in my head, part using Strange Eons.  Features include:

- specific Adventure decks for the Middle and Outer Regions; Middle Region comprises two subdivisions, Hidden Valley and Desert; possibly go even further and have specfic decks by land type eg Woods, Marsh, Fields etc; (for example, Cursed Glade would allow players to select from either the Hidden Valley deck or the Woods deck, depending on how big a risk/reward they wanted)

- some board revisions including tougher Inner Region, a couple of extra special spaces in the Outer Region (Marshes), retuning of the Middle Region to better fit the subdivisions mentioned above

- revised stats and abilities for existing characters to make them more balanced, more interesting or simply rejuvenated

- character gender, race and class matter eg Objects/Followers usable by specifc groups

- character-specific limits to number of Followers, Objects and Gold; character-specific movement options perhaps

- unique Objects and Followers for some characters, either as starting items or rewards

- a new mix of characters for the initial release, some old and new, with a better gender balance

- possessing a Talisman is a victory requirement (to close loopholes whereby the Valley of Fire can be bypassed)

- specific Adventure cards to broadly follow classic 2nd edition but with revised individual cards, some new and old stuff from various expansions mixed in

- fewer starting characters, more Adventure cards

- bring back the Fire Mountains from the 2nd Edition board; make these and the Storm River more relevant

Well, I can dream… :)

#59 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:16 AM

Archdruid said:

I've already begun designing my own 5th edition, part on paper, part in my head, part using Strange Eons.  Features include:

- specific Adventure decks for the Middle and Outer Regions; Middle Region comprises two subdivisions, Hidden Valley and Desert; possibly go even further and have specfic decks by land type eg Woods, Marsh, Fields etc; (for example, Cursed Glade would allow players to select from either the Hidden Valley deck or the Woods deck, depending on how big a risk/reward they wanted)

- some board revisions including tougher Inner Region, a couple of extra special spaces in the Outer Region (Marshes), retuning of the Middle Region to better fit the subdivisions mentioned above

- revised stats and abilities for existing characters to make them more balanced, more interesting or simply rejuvenated

- character gender, race and class matter eg Objects/Followers usable by specifc groups

- character-specific limits to number of Followers, Objects and Gold; character-specific movement options perhaps

- unique Objects and Followers for some characters, either as starting items or rewards

- a new mix of characters for the initial release, some old and new, with a better gender balance

- possessing a Talisman is a victory requirement (to close loopholes whereby the Valley of Fire can be bypassed)

- specific Adventure cards to broadly follow classic 2nd edition but with revised individual cards, some new and old stuff from various expansions mixed in

- bring back the Fire Mountains from the 2nd Edition board; make these and the Storm River more relevant

#60 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:44 AM

Archdruid said:

Archdruid said:

Certainly you can. I don't recall the Fire Mountains, was that really 2nd Edition? Or maybe someone can refresh my memory?

Now making the Storm River more relevant does seem a good idea. I've mentioned this a number of times, but it appear that the boards for the City and /or Village corners show the River moving down into what is presumably that 'region'.

How do people think this might manifest?

Maybe in the Village, the River can take you in deeper (short cut, sorta) towards the End space/Big Bad Boss? But you need to navigate it with a craft, or new allie (River/Lake Elementals?)

Probably not exactly the same for the counter board, however they do it; maybe the other board with River presents more obstructions or possible enemies; Thiefs or urchins or brigands who live under bridges or around docks?

Maybe you can find precious gems/trinkets around the river banks in either board?

I'd like to see Water Falls (that offer healing, perhaps?), Dams or levies that can occasionally break or flood? Deep pools with treasures at the bottom (once again, guarded by a Lake Spirit/Elemental or "Lady of the Lake" (with the ultimate Sword, of course?)     - Oberon

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS