• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#21 haslo

haslo

• Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:02 PM

Highball said:

My cousin dropped my full case from table height onto a concrete floor and nothing was damaged

How nice of him to test your storage solution for you!

Imperials: 13 TIE Fighter, 5 TIE Advanced, 15 TIE Interceptor, 4 Slave I, 6 TIE Bomber, 5 Lambda Shuttle, 3 TIE Defender, 4 TIE Phantom

Rebels: 1 Tantive IV, 1 Rebel Transport, 7 X-Wing, 5 Y-Wing, 4 YT-1300, 6 A-Wing, 5 B-Wing, 5 HWK-290, 6 Z-95, 3 E-Wing

#22 El_Tonio

El_Tonio

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:18 PM

I typed "Plano 3952" into Amazon and this is what came up (see pic below).  Looks pretty cool and like it will hold lots of models.  If any one gets it let us know how it works (looks like it has two compartments for models and two clear compartments for accessories, but I can't tell for sure).  Here is the link FYI:  www.amazon.com/Plano-Double-Cover-Tackle-Organizer/dp/B001ECQPVQ/ref=sr_1_1

REBEL: 5 X-Wing  •  3 Y-Wing  •  3 A-Wing  •  3 YT-1300  •  4 B-Wing  •  1 HWK-290  •  7 Z-95 Headhunter  •  2 E-Wing

IMPERIAL: 8 TIE Fighter  •  3 TIE Advanced X1  •  5 TIE Interceptor  • 3 Firespray 31  •  6 TIE Bomber  •  2 Lambda Class Shuttle  •  2 TIE Phantom  •  2 TIE Defender

#23 Highball

Highball

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:47 AM

El_Tonio,

That blue version of the Plano box is the exact one I was talking about earlier in the thread.  Thanks for confirming it.  After seeing the red one and the blue one side by side at the factory store, the blue is just two of the red ones back to back with a better handle between them.  The storage dimensions are exactly the same size.

Also, for the person who was asking about if there was room to put in a thin piece of foam I would say yes.  A thin 1/4 or 1/3 inch piece would fit in well, though it would cut down on the number of ships you could put in a side.  With the double sided version even that wouldn't be a problem.

#24 Aahzmandius_Karrde

Aahzmandius_Karrde

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:07 PM

So since the closure of the plano box is too tight to slip the rules in (overall a good thing) I decided to do something about it.

I was at FedEx today and picked up some airbill pouches.  The rule book fits in them perfectly and it sticks well to the outside of the container.

Welcome to the FFG Star Wars RPG Index 

#25 RockSoldier

RockSoldier

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:18 PM

Aahzmandius_Karrde said:

So since the closure of the plano box is too tight to slip the rules in (overall a good thing) I decided to do something about it.

I was at FedEx today and picked up some airbill pouches.  The rule book fits in them perfectly and it sticks well to the outside of the container.

wow, great thinking

What are the dimensions of the the rules?

I went to Gander Mountain to look at fishing tackle boxes.  some of them are pretty impressive  lol.

I CAN'T WAIT TO GET THIS GAME IN MY HANDS!!    :)

#26 RockSoldier

RockSoldier

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:30 PM

I want to get enough ships to fill this monster   lol

#27 SteveSpikes

SteveSpikes

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:26 PM

Aahzmandius_Karrde said:

Ingenious, the use of the airbill pouches.

#28 Highball

Highball

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:51 PM

Aahzmandius_Karrde said:

I like it!  But as I said, I have the same box and the rules fit inside.  I just lay it across the inside surface and close the box.  The fit is tight, but the case still closes.

#29 Aahzmandius_Karrde

Aahzmandius_Karrde

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:19 PM

Delete dupe.  I really hate this forum software.

#30 Aahzmandius_Karrde

Aahzmandius_Karrde

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:19 PM

Highball said:

I like it!  But as I said, I have the same box and the rules fit inside.  I just lay it across the inside surface and close the box.  The fit is tight, but the case still closes.

I can get it in mine and it does close but I'm sure it's putting stress on the hinge and I'd rather not leave it constantly stressed.  I'll also end up with 3 copies of the rules and want at least 2 of them to have available during play.  Two of them in the box would definiately be a stress.

#31 R5Don4

R5Don4

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:32 AM

RockSoldier said:

One day my friend, if FFG builds this game right we'll all laugh at how inadequate that case will be.

Great forum http://www.afewmaneuvers.com/index

Looking for a game in the Greater Toronto Area?  We can hook you up https://www.facebook...ups/6738327518/

#32 R5Don4

R5Don4

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:32 AM

Aahzmandius_Karrde said:

Word.

Great forum http://www.afewmaneuvers.com/index

Looking for a game in the Greater Toronto Area?  We can hook you up https://www.facebook...ups/6738327518/

#33 haslo

haslo

• Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:32 AM

R5Don4 said:

Aahzmandius_Karrde said:

Word.

What I hate most about it is that the actual content I'm looking for is after scrolling through a complete browser page of exclusively whitespace…

Imperials: 13 TIE Fighter, 5 TIE Advanced, 15 TIE Interceptor, 4 Slave I, 6 TIE Bomber, 5 Lambda Shuttle, 3 TIE Defender, 4 TIE Phantom

Rebels: 1 Tantive IV, 1 Rebel Transport, 7 X-Wing, 5 Y-Wing, 4 YT-1300, 6 A-Wing, 5 B-Wing, 5 HWK-290, 6 Z-95, 3 E-Wing

#34 RockSoldier

RockSoldier

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:32 AM

R5Don4 said:

RockSoldier said:

One day my friend, if FFG builds this game right we'll all laugh at how inadequate that case will be.

wouldn't it be amazing to one day play a game with like 1,000 points available to each side, on a surface of like 25'x25'   lol

#35 Acrizer

Acrizer

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:41 AM

SteveSpikes said:

Nice pic.  That's a nice storage option there.  Though, I would like to see FFG put some larger storage options (big enough for the larger sculpts), with "Wave 2" coming this Holiday Season, 'n all.  Until then, I might consider getting something along those lines.

I'm still waiting for them to come out in my area :/

btw - it's disturbing every time I see your avatar (I went to HS with Eddie Trucco) lol.

#36 drkjedi35

drkjedi35

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:06 PM

Picked up a Plano 5231 at K-Mart today for $6.50.  And its is perfect!

Roy

#37 tiepilot1138

tiepilot1138

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:24 PM

drkjedi35 said:

Roy

Which one?  The one in Chantilly?

#38 drkjedi35

drkjedi35

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:26 PM

tiepilot1138 said:

drkjedi35 said:

Roy

Yes, right after we left you, we drove over to K-mart and found two.  Sadly, we bought the only two they had.  Hopefully they will get some more.  I can see wanting to have another at some point.  If you want me to, I'll check the K-mart near my house and pick one up for you if they have it.

Roy

#39 tiepilot1138

tiepilot1138

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:35 PM

drkjedi35 said:

tiepilot1138 said:

drkjedi35 said:

Roy

Yes, right after we left you, we drove over to K-mart and found two.  Sadly, we bought the only two they had.  Hopefully they will get some more.  I can see wanting to have another at some point.  If you want me to, I'll check the K-mart near my house and pick one up for you if they have it.

Roy

There's one near my office in Chantilly I'll check tomorrow.  If they don't have it I may have you check.  Thanks for offering!

#40 drkjedi35

drkjedi35

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:37 PM

No problem.

Roy

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS